Notifications
Clear all

To Those Who Use Led Lights - What Kind Of Protective Eyewear Do You Use?

MemberMember
(@nenuphar)

Posted : 06/27/2013 11:44 am

Hey guys,

I really need your advice on this!

I have recently purchased the Ledman LED lights (red and infrared) and although they have worked great I have found out I just cant use them without some eye protection. On my cheeks its fine but when I get to my forehead it just shines so bright into my eyes that it literally hurts (I have my eyes closed, of course:). Plus it is recommended to use eyewear cause the light (especially the infrared) can actually really hurt your eyes...

I have tried eyewear for tanning beds but that stuff has no effect whatsoever (to my opinion it doesnt work even for the tanning bed:)

I have found several types of laser protective eyewear online but they are all almost the same price as the LED lights themselves which seems a little over the top to me.

Any suggestion would be a big help!!!

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/27/2013 3:46 pm

Hey guys,

I really need your advice on this!

I have recently purchased the Ledman LED lights (red and infrared) and although they have worked great I have found out I just cant use them without some eye protection. On my cheeks its fine but when I get to my forehead it just shines so bright into my eyes that it literally hurts (I have my eyes closed, of course:). Plus it is recommended to use eyewear cause the light (especially the infrared) can actually really hurt your eyes...

I have tried eyewear for tanning beds but that stuff has no effect whatsoever (to my opinion it doesnt work even for the tanning bed:)

I have found several types of laser protective eyewear online but they are all almost the same price as the LED lights themselves which seems a little over the top to me.

Any suggestion would be a big help!!!

Thank you!

you can get the goggles at any tanning salon. i personally rapped tinfoil around these heavily tinted shades i have. i must warn you be extremely catious. i belive leds have messed up my cheeeks because i know have hair growing on my cheeks which i never had before. whats even worse is the hair is growing on top of my scars!!!!! its severley depressing and i regret using the leds on my face . i was using the yellow and red infa red ones by the way

MemberMember
(@nenuphar)

Posted : 06/27/2013 5:48 pm

Thank you no_hope!

As I said in the post above, I have tried the tanning goggles but that doesn´t work for me, the light just gets through it...

The tinfoil I have tried as well, I am just not sure if it´s enough protection against the infrared waves... Anyway, thank you for your suggestion!

I am sorry for your bad experience with the LEDs. But hey, from a positive side, if the hair growth is from the LEDs at least it´s a proof that they work to some extent! And I am sure this would be good news for people who are looking for something supporting their hair growth! :)

I am just thinking that it doesn´t necessarily have to be from the LEDs. We all get more facial hair as we age, that is a normal process.. It can merely be an effect of that.. Or it can be hormonal... And if it´s caused by the LEDs it actually indicates that the skin on your scar is healthier and closer to normal if it has hair follicles... All in all I would not see it as anything depressing. Hair is our friend! :) Just use a tweezer to get rid of it every now and then and you are fine! We all do anyway (otherwise half of us brunettes would have a mustache like an old pirate :D )

Good luck with everything!

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/27/2013 8:02 pm

I'm really interested in LED lights too...I have not tried it, but I might consider it...is it recommended for red skin? And does it truly help?

Cheers :)

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/27/2013 8:49 pm

Thank you no_hope!

As I said in the post above, I have tried the tanning goggles but that doesn´t work for me, the light just gets through it...

The tinfoil I have tried as well, I am just not sure if it´s enough protection against the infrared waves... Anyway, thank you for your suggestion!

I am sorry for your bad experience with the LEDs. But hey, from a positive side, if the hair growth is from the LEDs at least it´s a proof that they work to some extent! And I am sure this would be good news for people who are looking for something supporting their hair growth! smile.png

I am just thinking that it doesn´t necessarily have to be from the LEDs. We all get more facial hair as we age, that is a normal process.. It can merely be an effect of that.. Or it can be hormonal... And if it´s caused by the LEDs it actually indicates that the skin on your scar is healthier and closer to normal if it has hair follicles... All in all I would not see it as anything depressing. Hair is our friend! smile.png Just use a tweezer to get rid of it every now and then and you are fine! We all do anyway (otherwise half of us brunettes would have a mustache like an old pirate biggrin.png )

hair on your cheeks is completley abnormal. im afraid of tweezing them because i dont wanna create any holes or indents since my skin is super sensitive and thin because of accutane. it conerns me greatly =( any tips on removing the hairs?

I'm really interested in LED lights too...I have not tried it, but I might consider it...is it recommended for red skin? And does it truly help?

Cheers smile.png

red skin as in hyperpigmentation? i belive the white led's help with that. red and inffa red is for wound healing and yellow for hair growth

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/27/2013 9:10 pm

Thanks very much for your feedback & recommendation No Hope !! :) I'll look into it....cheers :)

MemberMember
(@nenuphar)

Posted : 06/28/2013 9:39 am

Thank you no_hope!

I am sorry for your bad experience with the LEDs. But hey, from a positive side, if the hair growth is from the LEDs at least it´s a proof that they work to some extent! And I am sure this would be good news for people who are looking for something supporting their hair growth! smile.png

I am just thinking that it doesn´t necessarily have to be from the LEDs. We all get more facial hair as we age, that is a normal process.. It can merely be an effect of that.. Or it can be hormonal... And if it´s caused by the LEDs it actually indicates that the skin on your scar is healthier and closer to normal if it has hair follicles... All in all I would not see it as anything depressing. Hair is our friend! smile.png Just use a tweezer to get rid of it every now and then and you are fine! We all do anyway (otherwise half of us brunettes would have a mustache like an old pirate biggrin.png )

hair on your cheeks is completley abnormal. im afraid of tweezing them because i dont wanna create any holes or indents since my skin is super sensitive and thin because of accutane. it conerns me greatly =( any tips on removing the hairs?

>I'm really interested in LED lights too...I have not tried it, but I might consider it...is it recommended for red skin? And does it truly help?

Cheers smile.png

red skin as in hyperpigmentation? i belive the white led's help with that. red and inffa red is for wound healing and yellow for hair growth

no_hope, no matter from what angle I look at it, tweezing seems like the best and most gentle option to me... The other options are waxing which can irritate your skin or laser which is even worse... Also shaving doesn´t seem really safe to me, I don´t like the idea of a razor on your sensitive skin... So tweezing seems the safest... Both from my experience and my scientific knowledge I can´t imagine any situation in which tweezing should cause any holes or indents... But then, every skin is different so I suggest you try it on one hair and you will see. Just take it with the tweezer and pull really gently... I have quite a lot of facial hair and a HYPER sensitive skin and tweezing is completely fine for me, the spot can be a little red but that disappears in like an hour... It´s like tweezing your eyebrows, that doesn´t cause you any indents right? So this should be the same...

Good luck!

Cheers smile.png

aquasea, I recommend you to read posts made by Bulgarian R. Dermatologist who is an exceptional expert with an overwhelming amount of knowledge... He talks a lot about LEDs in his posts...

You can also go through post by llamar1986, he has an amazing knowledge and a lot of info as well...

Or just read threads like "Led Light Therapy" or "Bluered Light FAQ"... You will find all the info you need!

Good luck!

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/30/2013 6:34 am

Thanks for this information Nenuphar :) !!