Notifications
Clear all

What Should I Do About These Scars?

MemberMember
(@kevink)

Posted : 05/28/2013 5:57 am

Hi, I'm a 19 year old male.

I had pretty bad acne, but acutane has ensured that I no longer break out.

However, I was left with these scars. I've had them for a couple years now, but they've gotten a lot worse since I've stopped breaking out. I've been use differen gel (somewhat irregularly) for the past few months, and I've been applying it daily for the past month or so. Unfortunately this hasn't been having much of an effect.

It's really irritating and I'm wondering if I should look into medical proceedures. Does this type of scarring normally go away or at least fade? Pic related:

32Ucp.jpg

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:02 am

They look like rolling scars, they arent to bad though, there is also hyperpigmentation which makes them look worse than what they are. There are many procedures out there, perhaps derma rolling might be effective? Good luck bro :)

MemberMember
(@vancouvergal)

Posted : 06/01/2013 3:17 am

Check out the 'sea salt' forum on here. You might find helpful information! I have yet to try it, but I look forward to it.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:16 am

Hiya and welcome to the forums!

You have scarring similar to what mine were before I started treatment (I'd say mine were a bit deeper though). No, I don't think they will go away by themselves in time. Usually these things worsen with time (just through the aging process :)).

My recommendation for rolling scars like yours will always be the Dermaroller. I have had 5 sessions and wow, I am amazed. I am not finished with my scar correction journey but skin needling has been a life saver for me. I can only stress that the only Dermaroller I would ever let near my face is the original device, made in Germany - www.dermaroller.de (German site) or www.dermaroller.com (US site I think).

I have had 5 sessions with the medical grade 1.5mm device, spaced at least 6-7 weeks apart. I have had at least 70% improvement from these treatments. I am now going to try the eDermastamp by the same company - first treatment is to be done next Friday! :D I'm excited.

I really think that, before trying laser, you should consider the Dermaroller.

xx