Notifications
Clear all

Cysts Gone. Pink/brown Marks Linger.

MemberMember
(@callyvin47)

Posted : 05/22/2013 3:16 am

A few months ago I had a horrible cystic acne breakout from working out and taking creatine.

The thread can be seen here if you wanna see how bad my zits got:

Anyways, my doctor put me on Accutane 20mg/day, differin, and clindamycin liquid. Cleared up pretty quick and most of it is gone now. My skin is pretty smooth and back to normal. Even though I felt depressed and strange for quite some time, it was well worth it in my opinion.

Now my skin is full of pink and brown marks from blood clots underneath the skin and popping some annoying zits.

What can I use to speed up the process of getting rid of the marks and growing new looking skin?

Would differin help with that? I read that differin gets rid of the outer layer skin.

What about Retin-A-Micro? I read that gets rid of outer layer aswell.

Should I exfoiliate aswell?

What would be an example of a regimen to follow to rid these scars quick. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/22/2013 3:32 am

AHA works really well with speeding up the process of taking away the hyper pigmentation. The Acne.org AHA I heard works really well. You could also try the Alhpa Hydrox Enhanced Lotion. It is sort of similar to the Acne.org AHA because it also has the 10% glycolic acid.

MemberMember
(@emansarah04)

Posted : 05/22/2013 6:46 am

Try kojic acid dude works really fast on me

Got my acne by taking amino stop working out too like you

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:41 pm

You were on Accutane and using differin at the same time?

MemberMember
(@callyvin47)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:05 pm

AHA works really well with speeding up the process of taking away the hyper pigmentation. The Acne.org AHA I heard works really well. You could also try the Alhpa Hydrox Enhanced Lotion. It is sort of similar to the Acne.org AHA because it also has the 10% glycolic acid.

Try kojic acid dude works really fast on me

Are they just over the counter drugs? Topical creams? I am going to see my doc in a few days. I will ask him for some recommendations as well. I'd rather get prescription drugs because I am 100% covered.

What do you mean you got acne by taking amino? You also stopped working out? I plan to start again and also start taking more calories (Mutant Mass).

Yes, the cream. I am not sure why you would say such thing. Is that bad?

MemberMember
(@emansarah04)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:09 pm

Ok try consulting your doctor dude

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:10 pm

>Try kojic acid dude works really fast on me

Are they just over the counter drugs? Topical creams? I am going to see my doc in a few days. I will ask him for some recommendations as well. I'd rather get prescription drugs because I am 100% covered.

Yes, the cream. I am not sure why you would say such thing. Is that bad?

Hey if it worked for you its not bad. I thought you werent allowed to use anything else while on Accutane thats all. Just curious.

Are you still on Accutane? And is this your second course of it?

MemberMember
(@callyvin47)

Posted : 05/23/2013 12:02 am

Hey if it worked for you its not bad. I thought you werent allowed to use anything else while on Accutane thats all. Just curious.

Are you still on Accutane? And is this your second course of it?

Well thats what my doctor put me on. I dont see how the combination of accutane and differin cream would be detrimental to your health internally. The main danger is the Accutane because it is really strong for your internal organs. Just make sure you do not binge drink alcohol. Avoid drinking if you can.

And yeah, this is i think my 3rd course of Accutane. The first time was in highschool and i used 10mg, it cleared everything and I was good for a few years. In university i broke out again and i asked for accutane again then was put on 20mg..

I cant remember clearly but i been on accutane a few times.

I am still on Accutane, its been about month? I guess i keep taking it for a few more to make sure everything is gone for good :S. Not quite sure how it works. I know that it is not a good idea to stay on accutane for long periods of time.

MemberMember
(@emansarah04)

Posted : 05/23/2013 8:19 am

Many people told me stop taking anything like supplements im also planning on working out again with only naturL diet no supplements . Yes i think i got my acne from amino cause when i start taking it got mild acne then gets worst and worst now i got few acnes left still treating it topical with benzoyl and tretinoin + doxycylene for my oral o lot of redeness remains for the past months but now only few too thanks to kojic acid