Notifications
Clear all

Cheek Redness Help

MemberMember
(@supreme88)

Posted : 05/17/2013 4:36 pm

I've been dealing with this for a real long time on my cheeks. I'm not sure if it's just red marks or something else like hyperpigmentation or enlarged pores, or scars, or sun damage. Can someone help me identify what it is exactly?

Also how should I go about healing it. I have a 15% tca chemical peel from makeup artists choice. i've done chemical peels in the past once and a while. Skin flakes off a little but doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference. Maybe I have to do it consistently for months. I also have a red/blue light therapy device that I've been trying to use lately for 15 minutes a day. Hope that can help.

I don't have a lot of money so can't afford to use lasers or w/e. But still would be nice to get a good feel for all the available options. I've heard about beta gluten, copper peptides, retin A (to help skin exfoliate more), putting b3 on your face to lighten it or something.

Can you guys tell me if I should keep doing tca peels or maybe change to a different peel or a different method? Sometimes I worry that doing chemical peels could actually create more redness.

post-208987-0-28315900-1368826566_thumb.

post-208987-0-28315900-1368826566_thumb.

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/18/2013 2:48 am

Have you had acne in the past? If so, redness usually tends to stick around once acne has cleared but to me it just looks like some minor rolling scars. I would recommend this product: http://www.m2skincare.com/m2-hp-skin-refinish.html

MemberMember
(@supreme88)

Posted : 05/18/2013 3:51 pm

hey thanks for the recommendation... Been doing a lot of research today and reading reviews. A lot of ppl seem to really like mandelic acid. I was also interested in the higher concentration TCA peels, like 35% or 50%, and retin A or green cream or whatever. Someone said they use both peels and retin A and it has a synergistic effect.

Should i get m2 refinishiing 20% cream, or a higher tca peel or a retinol type product like Green Cream? I can only afford 1 option right now.

MemberMember
(@supreme88)

Posted : 05/24/2013 1:48 pm

Anyone? I keep thinking about buying the m2 refinishing cream but I'm unsure if it'll have a big effect. i already have Aqua Glycolic which seems very similar for the sort of mini peel effect. But the mandelic acid stuff is supposed to reduce acne as well.

Anyone know which would have the biggest effect? The m2 refinishing cream or the green cream stuff, or higher tca peels? So tough to figure it out. I think the green cream could work better than the m2 refinishing cream because retinol stimulates collagen production. Yeah so leaning more towards a retinol cream.

Anyone have any ideas on some good retinol products? The green cream looks good but the level 9 is like $40. Anything cheaper that still gives good results?