Notifications
Clear all

Positive Ablative Laser Experiences

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 04/02/2013 6:28 pm

I keep going back and forth in my mind over getting DeepFX done to treat my boxcar and icepick scars. I would be getting about 12 scars spot treated across my forehead, temples, and cheeks. My doctor said I could see up to 85% improvement after 4-6 treatments depending on how I respond. She also told me that if I want those results that she would have to use a high setting and create a lot of heat. This would make the downtime pretty long and my scars would be red/pink for 3+ months and that is even with my pale skin.

I am having a hard time finding good reviews. I have seen some but the majority of them someone has a big issue with something regarding the procedure. I can deal with the scars being red for a few months but I am scared of things like additional scarring, hypopigmentation, and texture changes. Can anyone here help ease my worrying or is this something that I just need to go ahead and try for myself?

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 04/03/2013 7:51 am

This is the best review I've seen on lasers on here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/315693-asian-doing-mixto-for-acne-scars-on-cheeks/