Notifications
Clear all

Hey! Are These Marks Scars?

MemberMember
(@waicen)

Posted : 03/21/2013 11:01 am

I'm so afraid that they are scars.. I really hope not. I've had them for quite some time now (i'm pretty sure i've had some of the marks on my cheeks for 2+ years now) and I registered myself here in a desperate hope to know if they're in fact scars or not. I went to the doctor but she wasn't even a derm, just some local incompetent "doctor" that didn't know shit about scars and acne. I had to put words like "hyperpigmentation" into her mouth to help her describe these marks. She was so incompotent that I just walked out of there without knowing if I they were scars or not. She said "it'll fade in time. You're only 19." I didn't ask if they will fade in time, I ASKED if they were hyperpigmentation marks or real scars but she clearly avoided it because she didn't know anything. Doctors here in Sweden are pathetically shitty.

Help me sad.png

P.S Somehow it looks much more worse in these pics than In real life.. Or maybe it does look lke that but I refuse to realize it. If my face is destroyed permanently i'll kill myself srsly. It looks disgusting.

post-205150-0-86295700-1363881398_thumb.

post-205150-0-00193900-1363881406_thumb.

post-205150-0-98426400-1363881410_thumb.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 03/21/2013 11:35 am

If those marks are indented, they're scars. Otherwise it's post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that should fade away with time. Simple as that. The colour should return to normal in any case even if they're indented.

I think you are overreacting and being way too harsh on yourself. Your skin looks fine and I'm sure no one notices your marks.

MemberMember
(@waicen)

Posted : 03/21/2013 11:45 am

If those marks are indented, they're scars. Otherwise it's post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that should fade away with time. Simple as that. The colour should return to normal in any case even if they're indented.

I think you are overreacting and being way too harsh on yourself. Your skin looks fine and I'm sure no one notices your marks.

How can I tell for sure if they're indented? I think it's so hard to tell. So I do have hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 03/21/2013 12:08 pm

Yep, hyperpigmentation. Try putting make-up or zinc oxide cream or something similar to even out the colour, so you can better see the surface of the skin. Although in my experience the pigmentation does still shine through a bit and makes the scarring looks worse and deeper than it really is, but it should be good enough so you can tell if it's indented or not.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. :)

MemberMember
(@waicen)

Posted : 03/21/2013 12:51 pm

Yep, hyperpigmentation. Try putting make-up or zinc oxide cream or something similar to even out the colour, so you can better see the surface of the skin. Although in my experience the pigmentation does still shine through a bit and makes the scarring looks worse and deeper than it really is, but it should be good enough so you can tell if it's indented or not.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. smile.png

Thanks a lot man for your answers. I just tried that "make up method" you suggested and I'm pretty sure there was like max 4 scars tops (that doesn't even look like acne scars and 2 is on my forehead) If I'm not blind. What I did was taking my mother's foundation (lol) and applied as much as i could pretty much and the majority of the marks "melted" in but there was 3-4 that no matter how much i applied they still "shone through" pretty much . So I guess that I can consider those 3-4 marks scars?

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/23/2013 1:06 am

I wouldn't worry if I were you. smile.png

Thanks a lot man for your answers. I just tried that "make up method" you suggested and I'm pretty sure there was like max 4 scars tops (that doesn't even look like acne scars and 2 is on my forehead) If I'm not blind. What I did was taking my mother's foundation (lol) and applied as much as i could pretty much and the majority of the marks "melted" in but there was 3-4 that no matter how much i applied they still "shone through" pretty much . So I guess that I can consider those 3-4 marks scars?

Dont Use foundation, that stuff will break you out bad bro.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 03/23/2013 1:16 am

These are hyper-pigmented scars. I'd suggest keep your skin clean and clear. Keep your diet proper and for topical, i'd suggest invicible scars. It's hypoallergenic, so it's really good. Hope it helps.