Notifications
Clear all

Staying Clear Directly After Ablative Laser

MemberMember
(@mike06)

Posted : 02/13/2013 5:08 pm

I am going to be getting the Ablative CO2 Laser on much of my face at the end of March for boxcar and icepick scarring. I remain basically clear from a strict regimen of 2.5% BP and .1% Tazorac every day. The problem is that if I deviate from this routine, I start breaking out bad again. At 25, I am probably going to never stop getting acne so waiting isn't an option as I am ready to get treatment for my scars now. I understand that I am going to have to stop using my BP and Tazorac for a week or longer after I get the laser treatment.

The dermatologist doing my procedure is giving me an antiviral to take to prevent a herpes outbreak but no mention of oral antibiotics. I did not ask for them as they never did anything for my acne anyway. Is there anything that I can do for the week or two after I get the laser treatment done to prevent breakouts? Should I call and ask them to prescribe me an antibiotic? Diet? Any ideas would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 02/13/2013 6:59 pm

I would eat a clean diet and if you're worried about breakouts ask for antibiotics for a few days. You can also ask if you can use a lighter lotion/special lotion that will be less likely to prevent breakouts compared to the vaseline based products.