Notifications
Clear all

Subcision Happened Today

MemberMember
(@twitchz)

Posted : 02/24/2013 11:21 pm

On 2/23/2013 at 1:43 PM, Rob_X_22 said:

stay ...anyway 451 does this bruising look normal?

newer_zps1a2db890.jpg

lol atleast it filled it im sure those bruises will lighten up soon. I'm tempted to try it after my face recovers from laser, the laser treatment I got was mostly for acne, and lighting up the scars. I still have ice picks and rolling scars.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/25/2013 10:44 am

...between this and retin a i have improved my skin SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much i love this website!

MemberMember
(@twitchz)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:49 pm

On 2/25/2013 at 7:44 AM, Rob_X_22 said:

..between this and retin a i have improved my skin SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much i love this website!

my skin looks like yours. im gonna try a mix of needling and rolling.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/25/2013 3:09 pm

X

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:33 am

My doctor also said I wouldn't seen much improvement from subcision alone, but I would estimate the improvement 4 months later to be about 70% on my severe scarring on both sides of my face. I would recommend you take 1mg of vitamin c in the morning and 1mg at night. I also took collagen supplements by youtheory from Walgreens.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:43 am

since my swelling and redness has gone down my scars can still be seen they've sunken in some

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 02/27/2013 6:50 pm

x

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/27/2013 9:28 pm

exactly i wish i had a clone ...if u could educate someone on what to do it would be so much more effective to let them do it ...someone should really film a tutorial ...

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 02/28/2013 9:11 am

x

MemberMember
(@451)

Posted : 03/17/2013 8:53 pm

My skin is making progress. I feel like this was a good beginning. I go back to the derm Thursday. I will post more after my appointment.

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 03/19/2013 11:25 pm

Thank you for creating this topic. I really appreciate this community.

MemberMember
(@451)

Posted : 03/21/2013 4:33 pm

Polecat, thank you for reading. Yes, I too appreciate this website. I have learned so much from others here. Hopefully, this thread is a small contribution.

I went to the dermatologist today. He thinks there is improvement. Though he says there is more room for progress. I thought I wanted (needed) one more subcision but he nixed that idea. So, I will just have another TCA peel. We will be going with the 35% this time. He made sure that I understood the recovery would be longer and he took time to discuss what I found uncomfortable about the last peel. He is very thorough about explaining procedures which I really appreciate. He, unlike many doctors, offers you a part in your own treatment and he and his staff are very accommodating. It's amazing how much effort they make to help you feel comfortable. I am truly grateful. Anyway, I had planned to wait a month or two before my next procedure but Dr. Berlin felt that TCA peels and Texas' summers don't mix. After thinking about it for half a minute, I agreed. I will have the procedure a week from Friday (3/29).

On another note, he really wants me to use a retin-a based product. I want that too but my skin seems to disagree. It gets red, dry and a little painful but he gave me some application tips. First, he said to wait 30 minutes after washing. Second, put a dot on your forehead, cheeks, and chin and then spread the retin-a in a fanning motion. I am to do this everynight and if I still have issues then I switch to every other night. I won't be starting anything until after the peel though. For anyone that is already on retin-a and planning a TCA peel he said to stop using retin-a 3 days prior to the peel. (Just fyi).

Here is a link I found after my last TCA peel. This is a must read for anyone that will be having this done.

http://www.riversideoralfacialsurgery.com/surgical-instructions/skin-care-following-a-chemical-peel/

I believe the procedures thus far have been beneficial and am looking forward to better AND better skin. cheer.gif

If anyone has any questions or anything that I need to add please let me know. I will update next Friday.

Oh and I would like to express a big thank you to the "Auto Saved Content" feature.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/21/2013 5:03 pm

Dont get me wrong on this 451, but trying some iodine topically will surpass by far the TCA results

with also no real downtime and risks.

Throwing my 2 cents here...

But maybe you are right with leveling the scar walls with the rest of the skinwith TCA..

but i can really see how iodine tincture applied two times daily for 2 days will result

in exfoliation after day 4 with no prior chemically burn..

MemberMember
(@451)

Posted : 03/21/2013 6:49 pm

On 3/21/2013 at 3:03 PM, panos said:

Panos, I am sorry. I thought the Declatone (or whatever the product was called) thread was about iodine. Would you mind including some info regarding iodine for scarring here? Thank you in advance.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/22/2013 1:24 pm

X

MemberMember
(@451)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:31 pm

Thank you Panos. That is some interesting info. I might look into this after I have healed from my TCA peel.

MemberMember
(@picnicker)

Posted : 08/05/2013 2:08 pm

this may be a bit besides the point by now, but addressing the doubt expressed earlier ---

i have met the model used in dr. adler's b&a,

and i can personally attest to how excellent her skin is - no photoshopping was at play, it seems.

i would have never guessed she had experienced acne,

had i not (with shock) seen her on dr. adler's site when researching subcision..

and i probably would have doubted the 'before' shots too if our mutual friend hadn't verified her past w/ acne.

also, glad there seems to be such positive results happening.