Notifications
Clear all

Dark Spot Corrector With Epiduo?

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 01/06/2013 5:37 pm

Hey all, I have seen much improvement from epiduo use. Today I purchased an $80 dark spot corrector from sephorA. Can I use the two together? If so, which do I apply first? Should I apply my medicine then wait an hour or so for applying the dark spot corrector???

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/07/2013 3:30 am

I haven't heard of either of these products so I did a bit of research. :)

Definitely would be okay to use both together as you're not doubling up on any ingredients here. I'd put your Epiduo on first, let that fully absorb into your skin, then apply the spot corrector. If it tingles a bit that should be okay (given the acids in both products) but if it burns then wash your face immediately!

Otherwise, if you find yourself having to alternate then I would use the spot corrector in the morning. It has Niacinamide in it which is great for keeping your skin moisturised so would work nicely under sunscreen during the day.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 01/15/2013 12:37 am

Thank you do much! I took your advice for the routine if it and I have been using the spot corrector after the epiduo for about two weeks now and it hasn't broken me out! Also, for any other acne scar/pigmentation sufferers, this specific corrector has been helping me and its only been two weeks! Now I have to work on my icepick scars :/

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/22/2013 4:12 am

Yay! Glad to hear it!