Notifications
Clear all

My Scars Are Better And Here's The Scoop...

MemberMember
(@havefaith)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:55 am

I don't remember when I started to post here.. maybe 2 years ago? Anyway, I have gone through a bunch of needling, then did 2 glycolic acid peels, and now am still applying some topicals and just want to share my findings...

After 2 or 3 years, most of my scars faded by a LOT. Since I knew that some of my older scars more or less disappeared after a year of being left alone, this made me more calm when faced with new scars... Basically, if your diet is good and your state of mind is happy and healthy, your scars will mostly go away after a year, two or three. I found in my own case that the less I cared about a scar, the faster it went away.

Two or three of my scars were particularly bad. One was 80% reduced after a glycolic acid application (it was maybe 5 mm in diameter and maybe 2mm deep... After one application of 65-70% acid, it pretty much leveled with the rest of the skin. Another scar, almost 10mm in diameter was made maybe 50% less visible by a light peel, maybe 40% acid... These two were on my forehead. The third major one was on my cheek, and it was maybe 8 mm wide and maybe 1mm deep. I needled it maybe 3 or 4 timed over the course of a year and then didn't touch it for almost a year after that. It still bothered me, though was reduced by 20-30%, and I thought of doing a peel on it.. And then after a while, it seemed less visible and I decided to just leave it alone.. Well just about 2 weeks ago, I got a couple of pimples right in the area of that scar, which I kind of popped and scratched at. I applied iodine and some cream and the thing scabbed and when it fell off, the scar is 90% gone.. maybe 95%.... It's like it had disappeared.. just a bit of redness... go figure

For that scar and some of the others I also used a topical which I made up and you can try it... Take some vitamin c powder - 2 teaspoons, add emu oil, add ginseng extract (i made myself by leaving ground ginseng in alcohol), add aloe vera juice/extract, add ground horsetail. It sounds crazy but all of these things have good stuff in them.. I found this topical to work for pimples and scars both, and it really diminished the redness on my spots/scars.

I have a feeling this will be my last post on the board. Good luck, and I think the best thing you can do is keep busy and leave your pimples alone.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/08/2012 6:23 am

Thanks for sharing your success story! I'm really happy that you've beaten your scars, it gives us all some hope. xx

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 12/09/2012 2:54 am

thanks for this! as a suffer of new scars, that are 2-6 months old that I got during accutane I look, in my opinion, terrible. shallow scarring all over with some 2-3 scars that are really big (>5mmdiameter) just like yours. I hope after I wait a year of healing, positive thinking, and retin A...and then 2 years of maybe needling, laser, and subcision i can reach the point just like you where I am happy with my skin.

Thanks for the booster :)

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 12/10/2012 3:31 am

how did you get your glycolic acid treatment? was it from a doctor?

thanks for coming back here and relaying your info. you made my night.