Notifications
Clear all

To Anyone Who's Scars Vanished,

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/25/2012 8:14 pm

Whether through time, or treatments...

I have read around on forums and a few people said some of their more superficial/light pitted scars went away with time, some with treatment, and there have been others that have had more serious scaring pumped up and vanish.

I'm wondering, when people say vanish, are they really that unnoticble? Is the texture and color similar to normal skin?

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/25/2012 8:35 pm

i'm wondering about the same thing.....

i still have this red dark marks... a lot of them....and depending on how the light hits my face, i can see that there are scars......

do continous facials + chemical peels help lighten scars or will it make it worse?

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 11/25/2012 9:09 pm

Depending on the person, scars do fade with time. It did for my father, he had fairly deep acne scars that faded over the course of ten years. Obviously, this does not happen for everyone.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/25/2012 9:38 pm

Yeah. They do fade. Mine are very superficial. Hopefully they don't get worse, or deeper... it wouldn't make sense if they did.

And as for peels and exfoliating, I haven't done peels to say. I usually exfoliate with baking soda, very gently. Can't say it helps or hurts.

Depending on the person, scars do fade with time. It did for my father, he had fairly deep acne scars that faded over the course of ten years. Obviously, this does not happen for everyone.

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 11/25/2012 9:56 pm

Yeah. They do fade. Mine are very superficial. Hopefully they don't get worse, or deeper... it wouldn't make sense if they did.

And as for peels and exfoliating, I haven't done peels to say. I usually exfoliate with baking soda, very gently. Can't say it helps or hurts.

And when you say fade, what do you mean? I'm so confused when people say they can go away with time. The one that I have that is about a half year old drives me nuts. It looks level, but I still see edges. So by fade, do you mean level out like mine, or vanish completely?

Sorry if I'm being... anal, hahaha. I just don't get what people mean because so many say they never go away, and that I do not understand when others say they've vanished with time/treatments.

Almost vanished completely. Some of the shapes are still there, especially for his icepicks, but they are only noticeable on close inspection.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:19 pm

i think it's hard but still possible, depend on person and ability of healing,On the contrary,I got new scars without any acne , it's spontaneous scarring, and that's so bad , i make the best for my face and still get scars from nothing!!

MemberMember
(@sportsguy23)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:29 pm

pursuit, can you tell me more about your sponatneous scarring? were u ever on accutane? do you use retinoids or tazorac?? let me know plus let me know if you want to chat some time i am 26 years old and a guy

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/26/2012 5:53 pm

One of my nine-year old scars seemed to vanish completely about a year ago, but it has since resurfaced. I dunno if I was just oblivious to it at the time or if it really was almost gone at the time, hard to say. It has improved though. Then again, some other scars that are just as old haven't changed much at all, and my more recent scars have not improved. I'm talking about improvement after the scars have gone through the initial healing phase, which can take about a year. A lot depends on the type of the scar, my ice-picks haven't changed much.

If only I knew they would fade away to almost invisible in 10-20 years, I wouldn't consider any treatments.