Notifications
Clear all

Mixto Sx Co2 Fractional Laser Surgery Diary: Asian With Ice Pick Acne Scars On Cheeks/temples.

MemberMember
(@outkast93)

Posted : 08/31/2015 7:46 pm

I think you got great results, you've inspired me to go see Dr. Rahimi! However I would like to know how often did you have to go to his office besides the actual cosmetic procedures?

MemberMember
(@slee3)

Posted : 11/04/2018 9:20 pm

Hi All, its 11/4/18... its been a while since I have been on these boards. I am back on here because I plan to get some additional treatment for my acne scarring. In my honest opinion, I do not believe Laser is the way to go for deep acne scars, which is what I have. I have done some further research and found Dr. Peter Rullan in Chula Vista, California, who performs TCA cross, subcision, etc. I believe this may be the better option for my skin. I'll keep you guys updated. I posted some new pictures of where I am at currently today.

I think the photos I took from before did not really capture the severity of my acne scars. To be quite honest, I would say the improvement of my skin has been only 30% after the three mixto treatments. 

Sorry I have been so busy with my career, I kind of got "over" my acne scars and decided not to think about it too much. But after doing some research recently I feel that going with TCA cross/ subcision / fillers may really improve my skin.

See attached below on where I currently stand. IMG-0490.thumb.png.9bf2d1f6b58941d6acce1dbc92dca3ef.pngIMG-0489.thumb.JPG.ca2a8f54551652f0c4f563a305d6080d.JPGIMG-0488.thumb.JPG.bde560e71e02de6bb7e23560acab06aa.JPG

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 11/05/2018 5:27 am

On 2-3-2014 at 1:39 AM, slee3 said:

Sorry guys, ive been kind of bad answering your questions. been kind of busy and lazy too... but here we go...

Overall, 65% improvement after 4 mixto laser sesstion. about 75% improvement on the left side (the one with the shallower scars), about 55 % improvement on the right side. Also, i do believe % improvement is really hard to gauge.....its more of a subjective response.

It has strictly only been laser, except the first session, where he performed some subscicion in some locations.

exactly, milder scars are mostly diminished, imperceptible to an observer, in essence, all the shallow scars are gone! unforutantely, the deeper scars are still there but less noticeable, not as sharp, but still noticeable.

After reading this, i don't get it. Have your scars returned then?

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 04/22/2024 2:49 pm

Hey! I think you did a great job thoroughly explaining your mixto laser experience. However, I am a little confused as your last update gauged your improvement as much less than other prior assessments.. I dont have acne scars (but I went through my own skin nightmare) but I think it would be beneficial to others if you would update and tell us how you are doing now and if you ever got TCA cross/subcision?! I hope you are well!

This post was modified 6 days ago by Yola4