Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoid Cream To Help Scaring?

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:25 pm

I was told Tretinoid Cream helps the apperance of some scars as well as minimize the look of pores.

I have sensitive skin and some rosacea. Do you think if my dermatologist subscribes a mild cream for my type of skin along with sun screen it would help the apperance of my skin?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:14 pm

I was told Tretinoid Cream helps the apperance of some scars as well as minimize the look of pores.

I have sensitive skin and some rosacea. Do you think if my dermatologist subscribes a mild cream for my type of skin along with sun screen it would help the apperance of my skin?

have your dermatologist give you a script for Tazorac. Really helps with scars and redness from acne and it treats rosacea too, so win win!

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 11/13/2012 9:03 am

have your dermatologist give you a script for Tazorac. Really helps with scars and redness from acne and it treats rosacea too, so win win!

Thank you!!! I will!!! :)

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 11/15/2012 1:27 pm

Will it help with pock marcks pitted scars by smoothing them out?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/15/2012 2:52 pm

Will it help with pock marcks pitted scars by smoothing them out?

It may help them to a certain extent but depending on how deep they are they may not improve much. The dermatologist would be able to tell you if plastic surgery would be required to get rid of them or not.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/16/2012 3:12 am

Personally I am sceptical of any creams that claim that they can reduce scars and pores. Pores size is determined by our genes so improving normal pores can only be done with mechanical actions like peels, lasers, derms and skin needling. Pores that look a little worse for wear due to environmental damage, acne and diet etc can be helped by creams to some extent but I doubt you'd ever revert to the state you were in before the damage using creams alone.

With scarring, creams can certainly help the body build collagen but I'd say it'd take a long time and your scars would have to be quite mild to begin with to see much improvement if that is your only treatment.

I hope you can prove me wrong though. Would be nice to hear of success stories from people who haven't had to undertake invasive treatments.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 11/16/2012 12:54 pm

no way retin a makes even the slightest improvement in scars. Its still worth using as an adjunct therapy for other procedures and for anti aging.

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 11/18/2012 12:45 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will use the Retin A as a means of keeping my skin up to par. So what do you suggest I do with my scars? I hate seeing pits. They are not that bad but the drive me crazy. At least with creams they can help the colors over time.

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 11/18/2012 12:58 pm

I used retin-a and it did help with some color issues from scars but made my skin very thin and prone to scarring. Be very careful and use little as possible (mistake I made)

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 11/18/2012 1:08 pm

I used retin-a and it did help with some color issues from scars but made my skin very thin and prone to scarring. Be very careful and use little as possible (mistake I made)

It made your skin prone to scarring? I never heard that before. Yes, little is the only way to use it.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/20/2012 3:02 am

Retin-A is tricky. It thickens the inner layers of our skin but it also thins the very top layer, causing more dryness and, for me, breakouts. It shouldn't make your skin more prone to scarring though, although I believe you if you say it has. What were the signs that made you aware, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a very strong A based product which I only use once every three days. I mix it with an antioxidant cream to help stop the A from irritating my skin. The first night after using the A cream I use an exfoliating scrub to help keep dead skin cells away and to fight blackheads. I love my scrub... I have cancelled all my microdermabrasion treatments since using it.

Thanks for the replies. I will use the Retin A as a means of keeping my skin up to par. So what do you suggest I do with my scars? I hate seeing pits. They are not that bad but the drive me crazy. At least with creams they can help the colors over time.

What kind of scars are you dealing with? There are so many treatment options out there that it can be hard to know where to start. First thing is knowing what kind of treatments are available for the type of scarring that you have. You said that you have pits. Are you referring to ice-pick scarring?