Notifications
Clear all

Want To Use Tca Cross But...

MemberMember
(@jeopardy)

Posted : 10/13/2012 1:11 pm

I am not sure where to start. I'd like to see some instructions and advice on how low I should start out with if I self-treat. I am considering self-treat because, where I live we have the gatekeeper thing where you have to get referred to a dermatologist by your GP. My GP has always taken care of my acne and quite frankly, avoids referring as much as possible (since I'm not a necessary case). So... I'm just wondering how effective self-treating would be, because I hear it's dependent on technique.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/13/2012 3:10 pm

If it's not necessary for you, your scarring must be fairly mild and in that case I certainly wouldn't go the self-treating route with TCA cross if I were you. Seems fairly risky, although I do not have experience of it myself. Are you sure you couldn't get a referral to anyone performing TCA cross in your area?

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 12/11/2012 1:39 pm

http://tcacross.blogspot.com/ <----This site should be helpful in explaining intructions. Also, it's recommended to use at least 65% TCA or higher. You can purchase TCA at makeupartistschoice.com

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 12/11/2012 1:46 pm

If it's not necessary for you, your scarring must be fairly mild and in that case I certainly wouldn't go the self-treating route with TCA cross if I were you. Seems fairly risky, although I do not have experience of it myself. Are you sure you couldn't get a referral to anyone performing TCA cross in your area?

I totally agree with austra. The self-treating with TCA cross is way risky...you most likely end up making your scars look worse...even doctors make mistakes. Please don't do it, but maybe you can start with mild peels. I recommend lactic acid(very low %). I did twice and made my skin better. Do you have icepick scars or enlarged pores? Usually TCA cross is for deep icepick type of scars. But if your scars are not that deep, then don't do it...Best thing for you is to talk to dermatologist and NOT GP. GP usually don't know anything about scar treatment...my GP doesn't. Also you should read other topics about TCA cross on .org. They are very helpful.

Good luck OP smile.png

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 12/11/2012 4:31 pm

Please don't Cross your own scars. It is far too risky.

TCA Cross would be a cosmetic procedure for scar treatment. Most insurance would not cover this with or without a referral to a dermatologist. If you have concerns over your skin, just ask your GP for a referral to a dermatologist and see what the dermatologist recommends. If you're mainly seeking scar treatment, it's possible your dermatologist won't be able to help you if you're hoping to get it paid by insurance. Plus, not all derms treat scars.

MemberMember
(@alonso)

Posted : 12/12/2012 12:28 pm

don't Cross your scars.

don't Cross your scars.

don't Cross your scars.