Notifications
Clear all

How Long Will It Take!?

MemberMember
(@fedoua-med)

Posted : 07/28/2012 5:29 pm

hey u guys i've a problem that's been bothering me for a while i've been using the regemin for almost 2 months and so far i'm happy with the results the thing is every time a zit goes away it leaves these red dots or marks and i'm just wondering how long will it take for them to go away?? and is there any thing i can do to make them disappear faster????(excuse my english)

thanks

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 07/28/2012 7:16 pm

Benzyol Peroxide does that for some people, like a side effect. I used BP for 3 years and I've had my marks for 6+ years. Use with caution.

You may find some use in Manuka honey, or Tumeric for those marks.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 07/28/2012 9:41 pm

try some emu oil for the red marks.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/28/2012 11:32 pm

I used Epiduo (which has BP in it) and took Monodox 2x a day. I also exfoliated almost everyday. My marks faded significantly by 6 months...they're not COMPLETELY gone but they are virtually invisible unless you inspect my skin now.

Basically it depends on the person. Some people's skin heals faster than others.

MemberMember
(@jtyng)

Posted : 07/30/2012 4:51 pm

I used Epiduo (which has BP in it) and took Monodox 2x a day. I also exfoliated almost everyday. My marks faded significantly by 6 months...they're not COMPLETELY gone but they are virtually invisible unless you inspect my skin now.

Basically it depends on the person. Some people's skin heals faster than others.

What did you use to exfoliate?

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/30/2012 8:03 pm

Well back while I was in school and my hyperpigmentation was bad, I used Neutrogena Blackhead Scrub because it was all I had. Now I use the Olay Pro-X Cleansing System and it works really well.

MemberMember
(@fedoua-med)

Posted : 07/31/2012 5:33 am

so basically exfoliation is good for these marks????i was too afraid of irritation i guess i'll give it a try and see how my skin is gonna react to that thanks guys

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/31/2012 10:52 am

Benzoyl peroxide made my red marks last longer.

MemberMember
(@hellolovve)

Posted : 07/31/2012 1:40 pm

Yeah, I noticed BP was good for drying out the acne, but the marks would last for years! So frustrating. Now I use the Olay Pro-X Brush for exfoliation (love it!) I don't recommend this for everyone because it can be dangerous, but if the marks ever get really bad you can do a TCA peel. I was really happy with the results when I did it.

MemberMember
(@mwilso)

Posted : 08/01/2012 8:10 am

Yeah, I noticed BP was good for drying out the acne, but the marks would last for years! So frustrating. Now I use the Olay Pro-X Brush for exfoliation (love it!) I don't recommend this for everyone because it can be dangerous, but if the marks ever get really bad you can do a TCA peel. I was really happy with the results when I did it.

I use tretinoin cream and vitamin c serum for redmarks, but I have been super pleased with TCA peels in the past. I think using 15% (1-2 layer) spot treating has been the best for dark spots. I agree that they're not for everyone and can be dangerous too.

MemberMember
(@nishant-nirala)

Posted : 10/02/2012 10:42 am

A month to a year , depending on your body and health

MemberMember
(@kanadian)

Posted : 12/16/2012 4:13 am

People say it can take years for red marks to go away, but I think it really depends on your type of acne. I find that if I get primarily whiteheads, the red marks they leave behind seem to fade faster in comparison to "deeper" spots such as cysts. I also find that on some areas of your face, red marks seem to heal faster. For example, for whatever reason, if I get a spot above my lip area, the mark seems to be gone in almost a week. But thats just me.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 12/16/2012 4:48 am

Differin + AHA 8-12% daily will FADE your marks within 6 months.

Also you may want to add some bio/emu/jojoba oil to your regular moist.