Notifications
Clear all

Turmeric/honey Mask Is Amazing.

MemberMember
(@sparxy)

Posted : 05/18/2012 12:48 pm

I am so excited to share this with you all. Recently, my acne problems have got very bad, due to stress and lots of other factors and it's been so depressing.

I'm indian and unfortunately, acne leaves very significant darker marks on my face (hyperpigmentation) and I have to use layers and layers of makeup to cover it all up :(.

Recently my dad made this turmeric/honey mask for me...I've been using it every other night for 3 weeks now. My marks have softened by half, I kid you not! I can tell because I don't have to apply so much foundation.

It's basically 5 tablespoons of honey and half a teaspoon of turmeric (try not to use too much). Honey is anti-inflammatory and really good for moisturising your skin, and the turmeric is anti-bacterial, anti-septic and anti-inflammatory, as well as enhancing skin cell turnover. Since I've been using this, I have had NO cystic acne (and the one I had on my cheek went down in 5 days) and my marks have significantly reduced. It can leave a yellow stain (especially if you have fairer skin) and so to remove this just use WARM water to remove the mask, and if there is still some staining use some olive oil and it'll come right off :).

Leave the mask on for about 20 minutes and just relax, I would recommend lying down perhaps....the honey sometimes does drip off your face (not nice :P).

Other than this.....I have been using NO beauty products. I made such a bad mistake of using cleaners and toners and moisturisers to balance out my skin. I don't think you need them, your skin does a pretty good job of looking after itself, have a look at the skin on the rest of your body and think about what you do to that?!? I would highly recommend you try this when your skin is at its clearest and you have some time to relax. Stop using all of your products for a week, simply wash your face with warm water and a very gentle face wash in the morning. Only moisturise if you need to. In the evenings apply the mask and wash it off with warm water. Don't use anything else for a week and see what your skin is like at the end of it.

Often the more products you use, the worse your skin gets, so you need more to balance it all out. I've found this has definitely made me acne AND my hyperpigmentation scars so much worse! Let your skin go back to doing what it does best. Oil is NOT bad, so don't try and get rid of all of it :).

I really hope this helps you as much as it's helped me.....if you have any more questions, hit me up :) I can also tell you all of the products I've used (its a list as long as my arm) and none of them have worked.

MemberMember
(@twin2)

Posted : 05/23/2012 7:37 pm

WOW! Thanks for sharing. I'm Asian and my mom used to plant tumeric roots when I was younger. Well, I had a huge scar on my right cheek from a fall and my mom mashed some tumeric roots and would place it on my scar every night for about 3-4 months, it faded the scar and was no longer raised. Good stuff!

MemberMember
(@nikesha)

Posted : 07/20/2012 7:28 pm

What form was the saffron used in? e.g powder, grated root

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/20/2012 9:41 pm

I agree, this mask is great. I'm half Indian and prone to discoloration/hyperpigmentation. I've used this mask twice and notice a subtle difference in my skin. It also makes your skin so soft. Will definitely continue to use.

MemberMember
(@okiedokie123)

Posted : 08/25/2012 6:39 pm

Hmm, so it's safe to use it everyday? I might try this out. I have deep hyperpigmentation as well.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/25/2012 9:20 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Simply-Organic-Certified-2-38-Ounce-Containers/dp/B000KNDAZO/

^^ Is this a good one to purchase?? ^^

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 09/08/2015 9:42 am

On 8/26/2012 at 8:20 AM, clambak3 said:

buy any turmeric powder check if it says 100% .. u can get it in any grocery store (if u have those where u live)