Notifications
Clear all

Finally Posting A Pic Of My Scars With Question

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/25/2012 11:05 pm

This is my worse side but I have similar scars on the other. I've had chemical peels, some dermarolling and some microdroplet silicone, but only one round to the prominent scars here. I also had one round of artefill. One my questions is if you can notice the squigly vein like lines under the poc scar near my chin. It is a recent develop and I am wondering if it might be melasma from the tiny bit of sun I get (if you don't count the LED light) Or if it could possibly be the silicone causing a reaction there as I did get a little there. I have some similar discoloration on my cheek. I am kind of wishing I had never done the silicone as I didn't receive good improvement and now wondering if i will have complications. Thanks for any comments.

Also many doctor has said I should go for laser, but kind of worried that the fillers I have would react badly. Also worried about more scarring. This is admittedly bad lighting, but it makes me feel horrible to look at this pic! :(

post-5614-0-39283300-1335412956.jpg

post-5614-0-39283300-1335412956.jpg

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/26/2012 3:48 pm

tricia, your scars are similar to mine...they are so annoying...=(...

one of the serious risks of silicon injection is developing granulomas...

you should defiantly check up with your derm about them..but i could barely see them...sometimes a long term use of steroid cream thins your skin and makes veins more visible, too...

i found some links...maybe they are not exactly what you are looking for...but hope give you some ideas...

http://archotol.ama-...t/127/4/418.pdf

http://www.realself....e-injected-skin

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/26/2012 4:01 pm

tricia, your scars are similar to mine...they are so annoying...=(...

one of the serious risks of silicon injection is developing granulomas...

you should defiantly check up with your derm about them..but i barely see them...sometimes a long term use of steroid cream thins your skin and makes veins more visible, too...

i found some links...maybe they are not exactly what you are looking for...but hope give you some ideas...

http://archotol.ama-...t/127/4/418.pdf

http://www.realself....e-injected-skin

thanks for the links! When I took that pic I think I was having a little bit of a reaction from vitamin C serum, it really jacked up my skin. Then I used some cortisone gel with menthol in it for a few days and I think that may have brought out the vein lines under my skin. They are not a bad texture, just weird to have it show up. I realize my face hates menthol now as well, so I am currently only using products with no actives, I think my skin got too sensitive from the dermarolling and stamping. I don't have any granulomas but just wondering if the silicone made me more susceptible to the discoloration. I definitely don't think the silicone was worth it for me. I don't think I'll get laser anytime soon as I think my skin is too senstive for it. I hate the bigger wider scars I have, did you mean to say you could barely see them? They really show up under certain lights, other lights not so much. I really wish there were an easier fix to these skin problems seems like nothing works or just makes is worse sad.png

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/26/2012 5:28 pm

thanks for the links! When I took that pic I think I was having a little bit of a reaction from vitamin C serum, it really jacked up my skin. Then I used some cortisone gel with menthol in it for a few days and I think that may have brought out the vein lines under my skin. They are not a bad texture, just weird to have it show up. I realize my face hates menthol now as well, so I am currently only using products with no actives, I think my skin got too sensitive from the dermarolling and stamping. I don't have any granulomas but just wondering if the silicone made me more susceptible to the discoloration. I definitely don't think the silicone was worth it for me. I don't think I'll get laser anytime soon as I think my skin is too senstive for it. I hate the bigger wider scars I have, did you mean to say you could barely see them? They really show up under certain lights, other lights not so much. I really wish there were an easier fix to these skin problems seems like nothing works or just makes is worse sad.png

yes, i could barely see them. but even my 5 years old nephew has some veins on his face...i can see them under the sunlight, so you should not worry too much =) but it is always better to get some opinion from doctors.

i know, i had ipl and fraxel treatment a few years ago, but nothing worked....it is so annoying because our scars are not so deep...but it feels like nothing is available to fix them...

i was considering the silicon injections, but after you gave me some advice about it, i decided not too...if you remember, you replied to my post before, and it was very helpful.

i totally feel your pain, because i am on the same boat...! if i find something helpful, i defiantly let you know =)

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/26/2012 9:23 pm

yes, i could barely see them. but even my 5 years old nephew has some veins on his face...i can see them under the sunlight, so you should not worry too much =) but it is always better to get some opinion from doctors.

i know, i had ipl and fraxel treatment a few years ago, but nothing worked....it is so annoying because our scars are not so deep...but it feels like nothing is available to fix them...

i was considering the silicon injections, but after you gave me some advice about it, i decided not too...if you remember, you replied to my post before, and it was very helpful.

i totally feel your pain, because i am on the same boat...! if i find something helpful, i defiantly let you know =)

I'm glad I helped you! I think silicone does only work well for the deeper scars. I think dermastamp and light TCA peels can help so I will keep on with that, but not too close together, because you really can overdo it. I think hormones and stress have definitely made me worse too, so I am planning on working out more to relieve stress and just not obsess so much. I would try the intracell RF microneedling or Secret RF microneedling if it comes out anywhere near me. I don't think either are in the US yet.

BTW, two doctors told me my scars are not right for subcision or fat transfer. Just seem like laser is all they want to offer.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/27/2012 2:40 pm

my derm also told me my scars are too shallow for subcision. he thinks some laser treatments will help my scars, but i really don't want any more laser treatments and waste my money...

i have darker skin tone, so i am afraid that tca peel might cause hyperpigmentation scars.

i am still thinking about getting temporary fillers . it's costly, but i feel like there is not much choice to fix my scars...=(

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 04/29/2012 7:24 pm

Did you get fraxel repair or restore done? I'm really not interested in either. I have heard repair can look good for a while and then a year later you look worse. Restore just isn't deep enough to make a difference for most scars. Temporary fillers sound good in theory but getting a good injector who has experience with scars is hard to find. And then it still may not stick around in your face for more than a week. They never stayed in my face, or maybe they just never injected enough. I guess everyone is different so you won't know until you try. Let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 04/29/2012 10:27 pm

I got restore, because my skin color, but didn't do anything! I wasted so much money and wish I didn't..! You are so right about the restore..! I've also done ipl laser treatment, but it did nothing to my indented scars...maybe helped my red scars tiny bit...

About repair, I heard the same thing, it will look good for a while but you will look worse in a long run...

I am trying to find a good experience doctor..hope it will goes well...Keep you updated tricia =) Hope you'll find a good solution for your scars, too!

MemberMember
(@paquita)

Posted : 05/06/2012 8:46 am

I thought from your other posts that your scars were bigger. Mine are probably worse, I have some wrinkles already so a laser would probably would work at least for the wrinkles but I would hate to do more damage to my skin

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 05/06/2012 11:12 am

As bad as that pic makes my overall skin tone and texture look, I don't think it shows good depth perception to the three wider scars on the cheek. I really am only concerned about three, maybe four spots on my left cheek, the rest I can cover with makeup. But those spots used to swell and get red easier, I think the dermarolling and stamping did help with the redness, if not the depth. I just get so mad every morning I have to put makeup on those areas, it is horrible! I know in certain lights it's not going to look horrible, but in others, I just feel deformed. But I think I am going to have to live with it for awhile, because I won't do lasers and no more silicone either. I might do LaViv if I lived closer to doctor who did it and had the money because that seems safe. Maybe recell will help when it is out in US eventually. My scars, though not the deepest, or just not an easy fix. I even tried dermaflage, and I guess they are not deep enough for that either, because it just sticks out on my skin like a sore thumb.

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/02/2013 2:09 am

Hi, there. Search about fat transfer & dermal transplant. It's suited your type of scars.

[Edited link out]

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:14 pm

I don't think that scarring is honestly noticeable to others. We are our own worst critics and if you showed that picture to an average person, they probably wouldn't see anything but very fine, pretty skin with a nice complexion of someone who's in their early 30s or such. I can see why you wouldn't want to risk doing lasers.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/02/2013 11:11 pm

I understand how you feel, I have some parts of my face that seem sunken in and are only noticeable in certain lighting. I haven't tried anything invasive, what I use is a B5 &hyaluronic acid serum, and a very simplified cleansing regiment. Sometimes honey masks help temporarily plump up the skin, and so does liquid foundation. Consuming vitamin C, E, and D could help internally as well, but I never had much luck with these vitamins as topical serums.

As for your melasma, I don't see it! I have it under my eyes and it looks like someone punched me in the face, so trust me you don't have it but it's always good to be cautious.

The LED you mention, is it red light therapy? I have been doing red light treatments whenever I can afford it and they really help with collagen production.