Posted : 06/09/2012 8:12 am

Recell is doing their clinical trials in US. Try enrolling in it

are you talking about these trials...?

http://clinicaltrial...lts?term=recell

yes

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 06/09/2012 5:27 pm

Those trials are for burn patients not acne scarring.

MemberMember
(@flyer17)

Posted : 06/22/2012 9:25 pm

I don't have a ton of scarring, but I do have a few noticeable indented spots that really bother me, particularly on my forehead. If I could see even a small improvement on those spots, I'd be really happy.

After doing a lot of reading and research and trying a few creams that didn't work, I think subcision seems like something I'd like to give a shot. Can anyone tell me how I might go about finding a dermatologist that does subcision? I have a dermatologist, but I'm pretty sure that he does not do such procedures, though I will ask him at my next appointment. If he doesn't have any recommendations, what would my next step be to find someone who can help me? I live in Ohio, by the way.

MemberMember
(@datura)

Posted : 10/14/2012 12:32 pm

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there are no recommendations for a good doctor who performs subcision in the NY area. I mean, you'd think with the glut of medical professionals here, there would be some good names, but it seems like all of the recommendations come elsewhere. I've heard way too many bad things about Dr. Rapaport. I'm not keen on going to him. If anyone knows of anyone good and experienced in subcision in the ny area I would love to know. All the doctors I've consulted seem to only want to do laser or silicone injections.

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 10/14/2012 2:45 pm

I've heard way too many bad things about Dr. Rapaport. I'm not keen on going to him.

What bad things did you hear about Dr. Rapaport?

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/15/2012 10:45 am

Hi there. I just want to say that you should check out Dr. Yang in NYC. He does subcision. You can even do a virtual consultation rather than travelling. He is just wonderful to speak with. He will spend as much time talking with you as you need. It was the best consultation I've had. I'm still deciding what to do, but if I still can't find anyone near where I live then I will travel to see him.

MemberMember
(@njnightrider)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:56 pm

Hey michi31 are you talking about Dr George Yang, and did you go through with the subcision?

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:36 pm

Yes I am. No I have not gone through with it, so unfortunatey I can't speak to results except for the before and afters he showed me. I started breaking out again, so I'm going on a new med for that. And after that I just have to get over my nervousness and find a time to travel (it's 2.5 hours from me). I wish more doctors would offer virtual consultations, and mostly I wish more doctors would be as honest and communicative as he is. The two other consultations I had really sucked.

MemberMember
(@njnightrider)

Posted : 10/15/2012 4:06 pm

Ahhh Gotcha since reading your post I searched him and found a lot of positive reviews, the only thing i didn't like is that according to some reviews he charges for the consultation. Im looking to get subcision as well as other treatments and also have started a supplement regimen that John s. Recommended to me, did you discuss prices for the subcisions and such things? If that's something you don't feel comfortable sharing send me a message, thanks a lot

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 10/15/2012 6:16 pm

Charging for consultations is ALWAYS a bad sign.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/18/2012 11:29 am

Do any of you guys think subcision will help me? I have a fairly new scar, I got it in June. I've dermarolled it twice since then, with a months time between each session.

It's not so deep, I think the dermaroller has helped. It's probably less than the thickness of printer paper... so its a shallow scar. But what bothers me is the fact that its kinda large and on my forehead, which is a spectacle all on its own. The scar is about the width of a black bean, and when I raise my eyebrows. You can see the slight edges, and my forehead wrinkles differently, and unevenly around it... like a dent. It still turns red when I massage it, I know its a scar, I know it could be worse... but I want to hear that there's something I can do. Or is it still healing from dermarolling?

I wish I wasn't so impatient, I wish I never picked at my skin. I'm just thinking that because its shallow that it should be easier to treat.

Sorry to bother, its literally killing me. I refuse to raise my eyebrows -__-

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:17 am

bump

MemberMember
(@hopej1245)

Posted : 12/29/2012 9:39 pm

I'm thinking subcision is the treatment I'm going to go with. Hope I can get good results like you guys!

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/03/2013 11:25 pm

what info did you find out ...do all derms do subsicions?

MemberMember
(@maldition)

Posted : 01/05/2013 5:06 am

subsicions isnst best

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/07/2013 2:13 am

subsicions isnst best

Maldition, again you post without backing up your wild claims. Subcision is the best treatment for some scars, particularly rolling or tethered scars. You have over 600 posts yet I have not seen one that has any real information that will help the rest of us understand scars and their treatments.

what info did you find out ...do all derms do subsicions?

Rob, not all derms do subcision so you might have to go on a bit of a hunt to find the right professional to perform the treatment for you. I guess like all treatments it's best to get out there and research the heck out of all the treatment professionals and treatment options you find. Have you seen this article at all? Since another member shared the link in another post I've been plugging it. It's a fantastic starting point to researching acne scars and many treatment types. Worth a read! http://www.scribd.com/doc/37108855/Acne-and-Scars

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/07/2013 3:43 pm

ive seen enough results from subcisions to know it is the best ...and will do this when i get enough money ...a question maybe you know is it ok to use 0.1% retin a on my face?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 01/07/2013 7:21 pm

ive seen enough results from subcisions to know it is the best ...and will do this when i get enough money ...a question maybe you know is it ok to use 0.1% retin a on my face?

Rob:

I use 0.1% prescription strength Retin-A every evening on my face and I've been doing so for at least four years.

Three weeks after starting to use it, I noticed a subtle change in my complexion. It did not improve my scarring at all, but it make my skin healthier looking.

It's known for building collagen and I dermaroll every six weeks and apply Retin-A and a topical cream that contains Ester C, DMAE, and Alpha Lipoic Acid. The needles of the dermaroller open up your skin and allow for deeper penetration.

If you look at my thread, you'll see that I am a BIG fan of subcision. It's great for rolling scars and some box car scars.

Best wishes you to on your journey.

Matt

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/07/2013 11:33 pm

ah cool thats what i wanted to know owndoc made it sound like a pretty harsh chemical peel ..i'm glad u responded i wanted your info thanks! ...i'm gonna get her needling kit for now and use the single needles for awhile ...its like dermarolling is affected all my skin when i really need to get down in the craters lol

yeah ur thread is amazing do u think subsicion would work on rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 01/08/2013 1:56 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22672279

''CONCLUSION:

Subcision is a safe, easy to perform, well-tolerated, and valuable surgical technique for treatment of rolling acne scars.''

All patients were satisfied(out of 40!)