Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatment advice.

MemberMember
(@operator)

Posted : 06/20/2011 5:03 pm

Please review and suggest what needs to be done. Even though I consider that it's almost useless to go after treatment as most don't give desired effect that people want. I've been fighting acne for a while now and just recently they seemed to have dramatically cut down, and I get one maybe every month or so but the damage has been done and I am left with plenty of scars. it was hard to live with it all the scars in the beginning but now I'm starting to accept the fact that they are there and almost look at them as battle scars.

link 1-

link 2-

P.S

It drives me f'n nuts when people post pictures crying and moaning about there microscopic scars which require a microscope to see properly, some people need to be happy with what they have.

Copy and paste the link above, every time I post it would disappear so I had to put link 1 and 2 next to it.

MemberMember
(@kidrock29520)

Posted : 06/21/2011 10:20 am

I think you need to take your own advice and be happy with what you have. Your scars are nowhere near bad enough to be hindering your life. Odds are, you are the only one that is noticing them.

However, if you are set on getting some type of treatment, a strong chemical peel or laser is the only treatment effective for your scarring.

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 06/21/2011 11:06 am

It looks like you have those small sharp ice-pick scars. Tca cross I think would be the best for your type of scarring.

MemberMember
(@operator)

Posted : 06/21/2011 11:22 am

It looks like you have those small sharp ice-pick scars. Tca cross I think would be the best for your type of scarring.

Thanks for the response:

So far I've been told to try TCA cross, subcision, laser, chemical peel. Which one should I look into first?

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 06/21/2011 11:24 am

I think your scars would be perfect for tca cross

MemberMember
(@trador)

Posted : 06/22/2011 11:23 am

Your scars are really looks like mine. I also have some boxcars.

I am gonna try tca cross and some excisions. after these i wanna try a resurfacing treatment maybe laser or tca peel dunno which one is. i am a white skinned guy and doctors say thats good for all the treatments.

MemberMember
(@operator)

Posted : 06/23/2011 12:57 pm

I will look into TCA treatment but something tells me it's not going to plug up the holes overnight. Also, on the right side of my cheek, it appears that I have lost some volume, I am not sure why that can be, but any way to fix this?

Here is a pic of the scars on my right side, I have very deep pits with some pigmentation (as seen in the photos) what is proven to be effective against pigmentation?

link 1-

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 12/14/2012 6:37 am

Just a heads-up for future readers - my scars are fairly similar to these and three TCA cross treatments didn't change the look of them much at all. I guess some people do get a lot of improvement with cross however, because I wouldn't understand the hype otherwise. But Cross doesn't always help with scarring like this. I'm considering Total FX and possibly some individual needling now.