Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross In Montreal / My Tca Cross Journey

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/07/2011 8:56 am

the baywood clinic in toronto does TCA crosss. just google it i called them and asked. they do charge a fee for consultation. am i the only one that thinks a consultation fee is fucking ridiculous?

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/07/2011 10:28 am

the baywood clinic in toronto does TCA crosss. just google it i called them and asked. they do charge a fee for consultation. am i the only one that thinks a consultation fee is fucking ridiculous?

Thank you! Will google it! I'm totally agree about the consultation fee!

MemberMember
(@thx)

Posted : 07/08/2011 2:26 am

Dr. Billick at the Jewish General in Montreal does TCA cross. He's a bit of a robot and won't give you much time, but he does it.

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/10/2011 12:47 pm

Dr. Billick at the Jewish General in Montreal does TCA cross. He's a bit of a robot and won't give you much time, but he does it.

THX! O! Thank you very much for the tips! Did hi made TCA Cross for you?

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/13/2011 10:33 pm

I'm from Montreal, and i'm trying to find the doc over here to make TCA and also i'm interesting in trying scar scalpel excision. I was told that Dr. Khanna provide this services. But i didn't visit him yet.

Did you visit ant derm/surgeon in Montreal?

Also, seems that Doctor Chen Lee makes tca cross

Hey brolia!

Nice to see a fellow Montrealer, on here. More evidence that's I'm not exagerating when I say that it's almost impossible to find a derm/surgeon who knows of, let alone performs, TCA CROSS, in/around Montreal. Don't bother Googling one in our city - I been Googling one for years. If there is a derm/surgeon who performs this treatment, they're not listed on the web.

Are you asking me if Dr. Khanna performs TCA CROSS or scar scalpel exision or both? I know of Dr. Khanna and this doctor performs many treatments, but not the CROSS. As for Dr. Chen Lee, I remember going on the website and only seeing peels, as far as scar treatments go.

I find that to be very peculiar, because, like I said, when I contacted them about the CROSS method recently, they told me that they don't perform that treatment any longer and to see Dr. Bargman (since he used to work there). They need to get their shit straight. I'm not even going to bother with them anymore, just for that lol.

*rubs eyes* Am I dreaming?! Really?!

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/15/2011 12:44 pm

I've been waiting years to say this: Consultation for the TCA CROSS method BOOKED with Dr. Billick. :) Thanks, THX (lol)!

His secretary sounded super sweet, profesional and well informed on the CROSS method. Telling me about a few dos and don'ts pre-CROSS, that I had already read about on the web. I'm so thrilled! And I owe it all to this website!

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/16/2011 10:30 pm

I've been waiting years to say this: Consultation for the TCA CROSS method BOOKED with Dr. Billick. 🙂 Thanks, THX (lol)!

His secretary sounded super sweet, profesional and well informed on the CROSS method. Telling me about a few dos and don'ts pre-CROSS, that I had already read about on the web. I'm so thrilled! And I owe it all to this website!

Hey! Well, i contacted with Kahanna's reseption, so that was a mistake that he performs Tca cross, he does not. But, Dr. Lee and another one in same clinic (Cardobora or smth like that) they both do TCA cross and also punch excision.

When you are having your consultation with Dr. Billick?

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/17/2011 1:30 pm

Hey! Well, i contacted with Kahanna's reseption, so that was a mistake that he performs Tca cross, he does not.

Yeah, like I told you: I know he performs many scar treatments, but TCA CROSS is definitely not one of them.

But, Dr. Lee and another one in same clinic (Cardobora or smth like that) they both do TCA cross and also punch excision.

That's great! We managed to find not one, not two, but three derms/surgeons who perform the TCA CROSS method, in Montreal! Where is their clinic located? And did you book an appointment, already?

In a week. So excited! 😀

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/17/2011 7:05 pm

Hey! Well, i contacted with Kahanna's reseption, so that was a mistake that he performs Tca cross, he does not.

Yeah, like I told you: I know he performs many scar treatments, but TCA CROSS is definitely not one of them.

But, Dr. Lee and another one in same clinic (Cardobora or smth like that) they both do TCA cross and also punch excision.

That's great! We managed to find not one, not two, but three derms/surgeons who perform the TCA CROSS method, in Montreal! Where is their clinic located? And did you book an appointment, already?

In a week. So excited! 😀

Ha-ha))) Well i wish you good luck! And also will try to get appointment! But the scars is my second problem, i still need to clear my skin. Please write after the consultation your impressions! And good luck!

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/17/2011 10:31 pm

Ha-ha))) Well i wish you good luck! And also will try to get appointment! But the scars is my second problem, i still need to clear my skin. Please write after the consultation your impressions! And good luck!

Will do. 🙂

But, like I asked: Where is their clinic situated? And have you booked an appointment, yet?

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/18/2011 12:53 pm

Will do. 🙂

But, like I asked: Where is their clinic situated? And have you booked an appointment, yet?

I already was on consultation here AestheticaMD

4055 Ste-Catherine Street West, Suite 100

Montreal, Quebec, H3Z1J8

514-932-7667

i was talking about punch excision for my scars. But for now i prefer to treat the skin first, because i still have acne problems so i want to make the appointment with a good derm, i was thinking about Dr. Odette Fournier-Blake or Dr. Billick i didn't choose yet. So i'm interested in your feedback about Dr. Billick) If you will have some minute left on the consultation, can pleas ask him if he makes needling? with derma rollers or derma stamps or smth like that?)

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/18/2011 8:11 pm

I already was on consultation here AestheticaMD

4055 Ste-Catherine Street West, Suite 100

Montreal, Quebec, H3Z1J8

514-932-7667

i was talking about punch excision for my scars. But for now i prefer to treat the skin first, because i still have acne problems so i want to make the appointment with a good derm, i was thinking about Dr. Odette Fournier-Blake or Dr. Billick i didn't choose yet. So i'm interested in your feedback about Dr. Billick) If you will have some minute left on the consultation, can pleas ask him if he makes needling? with derma rollers or derma stamps or smth like that?)

Sure. Actually, my consultation will be with his assistant; she is the one who performs the CROSS treatment. I can't even put into words how sweet and patient she is. Not only did she pass my test, when I asked her a few questions about the TCA CROSS method over the phone (how many are needed, time between each one, etc.), but she also performs the CROSS on herself. Very reassuring.

She was honest about how derms/surgeons don't get involved with the CROSS because it isn't as lucrative as the other scar treatments, its results, gave me a ballpark figure on the price, told me that she starts off with 100% TCA because she believes in attacking scars full throttle and took the time to listen to what I had to say and ask me questions - all this over the phone! This deserves to be mentioned: I got a call back from her the very same day I left a message on the department's voicemail. And when she fell on my voicemail, she said she was going to try me back tomorrow. And she did. Very, very rare, coming from a Dermatology clinic; especially while operating on a summer schedule. I am extremely impressed. 🙂

I'm definitely going to be placing myself in Dr. Billick and his assistant's hands; something about the dermatology department in a well known and respected hospital, puts my mind at ease and makes me feel comfortable. His reviews on RateMyMD are very good, also! Not to mention, their bed manner, professionalism and knowledge of the CROSS seems to be spot-on. My FREE consultation is next Monday (she offered me tomorrow, but it conflicts with my schedule) and I'm pretty stoked!

My mild icepick scarring + the TCA CROSS method + the right person performing it = I got a good feeling about this. 🙂 I can't thank our member THX enough!

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/21/2011 12:15 pm

SamWitwicky, Hey! I'm very happy for you that you finally found good hands to take care of you) I't been a while since you started to look for the doc! I thought you will go first to Dr. Billick to consult if he agree that TCA will be the best for you, but if you go directly to do it, then i guess you already tool a decision yourself! Can only wish you good luck and best results!) Don't forget to take good pictures BEFORE for the history and for our forum!) And will wait for your update!

And BTW, why the consultation is free???

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/21/2011 8:15 pm

Because, in the province of Quebec, consultations are covered by Medicare. 🙂

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/23/2011 6:25 pm

Because, in the province of Quebec, consultations are covered by Medicare. 🙂

O! That's sounds good!) Well i'm crossing my fingers for you on Monday! Keep us updated.

As for i decided to through derma roller before TCA cross, because my scars are too deep.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/24/2011 11:38 am

Thank you! And of course, I will. Goodluck with dermarolling.

By the way, are you in Montreal (or its surroundings), also?

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/25/2011 4:20 pm

Had my free consultation, today; it couldn't have went any better. :)

The wait wasn't long and Rene (Dr. Billick's assistant) is just as sweet and caring in person, as she is on the phone. I was thoroughly impressed with her professionalism, bed side manner and overall great attitude. She's a straight shooter, who listens to what you have to say and isn't out to profit on your scars - only improve them. Physical evidence of this, is how she treated one of my scars, no charge, just to give me an idea of how it will look, after a CROSS. She also was willing to get started on all my scars, right away, but respected the fact that I wanted to only test one, today. She wants to do the pores on my nose, also. :)

Although summer is a bad season to get scar treatments, she wants to get started as soon as possible and deeply cares about my convenience, goals and work schedule. She was in no rush, polite and a great listener. She, too, had a lot of scarring, but now her skin is practically FLAWLESS. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread: she performs CROSS on her own face - that's all the "before and after" material, I need lol.

She agreed that I am a perfect candidate for the TCA CROSS method and went on to add that my scarring isn't that bad; which, can only make things easier. As for my CROSSED scar, it wasn't painful, it only took a few seconds and then turned white. The white went away, about an hour, or so, later. It's barely noticeable. It's like having a white head for a while and then redness due to it popping. :P That's the best way I can explain it.

Can't wait for next Tuesday! :D

MemberMember
(@reeja)

Posted : 07/26/2011 1:27 am

Good luck! Update us on your progress.

Maybe I will go visit Dr. Billick's office: we have no decent dermatologists in Ottawa.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/26/2011 12:44 pm

Good luck! Update us on your progress.

Maybe I will go visit Dr. Billick's office: we have no decent dermatologists in Ottawa.

Thank you! And I will, that's a promise. I won't just disappear, like some people. This site has given me so much, it's the least I could do. 🙂

The CROSSED scar began, for lack of better word, tightening, yesterday, shortly after the "white" had disappeared. Today, it is tighter, has raised and improved! It's one that has always bothered me, due to its location. I must mention, however, that the scar's dimensions were smaller than the one's of an eraser on a pencil (hence why I chose it as the test bunny), but after one CROSS and one day - pretty impressive. It hasn't scabbed (yet); it's just a tad red (which was expected).

As I predicted, it looks like my scars will be responding well, to the CROSS method. Looking forward to have my whole face done, next Tuesday. I'd say I have about 15 icepicks scars, which are mostly on my cheeks (and some enlarged pores on my nose). They're all mild and not deep. Hopefully, they all respond as well as this one. Should be interesting.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/27/2011 12:30 pm

*pic removed due to dumb upload limit on this board*

I'm usually against taking pictures for this sort of stuff, because they rarely do the the significance of the scar(s) justice, but I wanted to take a photo of the treated scar, to give you guys an idea of what a newly CROSSED one looks like and in order to for me to do so decently, I have to show the side of my face that it is on (left side).

That being said, the red circle surrounds the CROSSED scar and the black circles surround my other icepick scars. Please forgive the quality (pic was taken with my iPhone 4) and the slight redness (I had just woken up).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/28/2011 4:03 pm

good luck mate.

I'm usually against taking pictures for this sort of stuff, because they rarely do the the significance of the scar(s) justice, but I wanted to take a photo of the treated scar, to give you guys an idea of what a newly CROSSED one looks like and in order to for me to do so decently, I have to show the side of my face that it is on (left side).

That being said, the red circle surrounds the CROSSED scar and the black circles surround my other icepick scars. Please forgive the quality (pic was taken with my iPhone 4) and the slight redness (I had just woken up).

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/28/2011 6:20 pm

good luck mate.

Thank you. 🙂

BTW, did your scars mainly come from cystic acne, or even regular pimples

thanks

It's always been cystic/inflammatory acne; I wish I had regular pimples lol.

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/28/2011 9:29 pm

SamWitwicky Hey!!!! So goooood that it works for you! I was on a small vacation and was so exited to come and check out how was you consultation! That's so great you keep posting here, but to be hones i don't see scarring on your picture at all))) It's improved so fast?? Did you take the picture before the procedure to compare? How much cost the treatment? And as you said she told you that summer is not the best time, but you decide to go through anyway?

But if the nurse rally cares about you, that is the most important i guess) What is her name btw, just to make a note)))? And how many sessions you will need to improve scars as much as possible?

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 07/28/2011 10:33 pm

SamWitwicky Hey!!!! So goooood that it works for you! I was on a small vacation and was so exited to come and check out how was you consultation!

Welcome back. 🙂

That's so great you keep posting here, but to be hones i don't see scarring on your picture at all)))

Really? I know it's mild and that the picture was taken with my iPhone, but you can clearly see the icepick scars I circled in black lol.

It's improved so fast?? Did you take the picture before the procedure to compare?

Like I mentioned earlier, I only had one scar CROSSED (the one that is circled in red) as a test. The rest are the original scars.

How much cost the treatment?

Depends on how much scarring one has. She gave me a ballpark figure: Anywhere between 100 and 200 dollars a session (where all the scars are CROSSED). Since I don't have many scars, she figured it would be closer to 100 dollars. I'll let you know on Tuesday, after my first session.

And as you said she told you that summer is not the best time, but you decide to go through anyway?

As-long as you stay out of the sun, it's not a problem. I had a fun summer, thus far - time to get to business. I figure I can get 2 sessions done, before it comes to an end. I've waited long enough.

But if the nurse rally cares about you, that is the most important i guess) What is her name btw, just to make a note)))?

Hehe, I mentioned this, also. You should really read my posts better. 😛 Her name is Rene.

And how many sessions you will need to improve scars as much as possible?

The Korean study states that it takes up to 6 sessions for one's scars to fully benefit from the TCA CROSS method. I believe it can also be administered more than that, up until the scars cease to respond. Don't forget, the scars continue to heal, for months after they have been CROSSED. For now, 6 times is my goal - I'll see where I'm at, afterward. My test scar is 3 days into its first treatment and I already see improvement.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 08/02/2011 8:58 pm

I had my first TCA CROSS, today; happened about 6 hours ago.

Rene (who was very impressed with the results of the test-scar) CROSSED scars even I didn't know I had - like the tiny ones I have behind my ears! Another reason why I highly recommend going to see a professional, instead of treating yourself - they have a better vantage point and therefore spot everything. She also CROSSED my enlarged pores! She was extremely thorough.

The entire thing took about 20 minutes. First, Rene scrubbed my entire face; it was painless. So was the CROSSING. It only felt a little itchy, while she was applying the TCA. Other than that, cakewalk. When she was done, I was very irritated around the areas she treated and the scars had all frosted. It does look a little bad, but it lasts less than an hour. By the time I gathered my things, paid the bill and got in my car, the redness and frost were practically all gone. Within the hour, my face had gone back to normal; the CROSSED scars were a little red, but already looked tighter and improved. A little after that, you couldn't even tell I had any kind of scar reparation done.

Rene even brought in Dr. Billick to meet me and take a look, even though he's booked until January! I thought that was pretty cool. smile.gif

But, I did not forget about you guys! Snapped a pic while I was stuck in traffic, about an hour after the procedure, just to give y'all an idea of how one would look an hour after a CROSS and to reassure the ones who worry, that it's no big deal.

*picture removed due to dumb upload limit on this board*

Whatever redness you see, is a CROSSED scar. I have about 7, on my left side. Once again, excuse the quality, since it was taken with my iPhone 4.

Edit: Almost forgot (I know some of you will want to know), the procedure only cost me a hundred dollars. Feel free to ask me anything. smile.gif