Notifications
Clear all

AVOID Hyaluronic acid from Sodium Hyaluronate

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 11/28/2010 7:50 am

WARNING: sodium hyaluronate, being marketed as an inexpensive hyaluronic acid, is not the naturally occurring compound made by all cells of the body. It has salt attached to every single disaccharide unit. Not only does this increase sodium intake, the HA molecule itself is abnormal. This synthetic hyaluronic acid is typically made through bacterial fermentation, contains molecules too large to absorb, and has not been proven to absorb. This abnormal molecule cannot be relied on to behave in metabolism correctly.

Source: http://www.wellnessresources.com/products/...uronic_acid.php

After looking and looking for the difference between HA sourced from rooster comb and SH I found this...

Explains why the NOW brand I was going to buy sells their products for considerably cheaper.

25at2015 liked
MemberMember
(@q_p)

Posted : 11/28/2010 8:04 am

I think the same problem occurs with topical hyaluronic acid; the bacteria-produced one made my skin flip out. Garden of Wisdom has a fairly cheap animal derived serum: http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item...406/7182148.htm Sucks that animal-sourced is more expensive, but good to know if it makes a difference!

MemberMember
(@25at2015)

Posted : 02/24/2015 4:22 am

this is such a good info... this explains why my serum doesn't work so far....

i've been using a serum that my derm gave me that contains 3 seemingly ultra safe ingredients: aqua, sodium hyaluronate and pantothenic acid (vitamin b5)... but after over a week using it, I still have whiteheads and it seems it's clogging my pores and not hydrating enough...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/24/2015 2:23 pm

i've been using a serum that my derm gave me that contains 3 seemingly ultra safe ingredients: aqua, sodium hyaluronate and pantothenic acid (vitamin b5)... but after over a week using it, I still have whiteheads and it seems it's clogging my pores and not hydrating enough...

I've been using Hyaluranic acid by Vemotix (cheapest on amazon 2 oz forfor $14) for the passed 2 weeks and I personally think it is doing it's job quite well I use it prior to applying Joboba oil or Cetaphil!

MemberMember
(@25at2015)

Posted : 02/24/2015 9:30 pm

I've been using Hyaluranic acid by Vemotix (cheapest on amazon 2 oz forfor $14) for the passed 2 weeks and I personally think it is doing it's job quite well I use it prior to applying Joboba oil or Cetaphil!

did you use "Hyaluronic acid" or "Sodium hyaluronate"

we were talking about the later, which is the derivative of the former. According to the arcticle, sodium hyaluronate is a much more inferior ingredient compared to hyaluronic acid. I have been using Sodium Hyaluronate for the past week and haven't seen any improvement.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/24/2015 9:43 pm

did you use "Hyaluronic acid" or "Sodium hyaluronate"

we were talking about the later, which is the derivative of the former. According to the arcticle, sodium hyaluronate is a much more inferior ingredient compared to hyaluronic acid. I have been using Sodium Hyaluronate for the past week and haven't seen any improvement.

I read it wrong. Sorry