Notifications
Clear all

Update - After having fillers (Surgiderm)

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/23/2010 1:14 am

Thanks again everyone, it means so much coming from people who KNOW how it feels to live with these scars. Dont get me wrong, my boyfriend is wonderfu, but he has always just said I look fine etc etc, I think only people who hvae suffered themselves can truly understand how it feels to have these scars. My derm summed it up well. She said the problem is,when other people look at us, its just a thing they may notice, but when I look in the mirror, its all I see.

My skin still looks pretty terrible on a pic taken with an SLR (ie high def) because the texture isnt great and my skin is still unlevel from missed bits or raised bumps, but for ‚£250 and one treatment, I cant complain. I will be back to see my doctor at the end of the month, I look forward to hearing what she has to say. I know she wants me to have laser for the texture, Laser Genesis or Pearl Laser if the TCA, Carboxytherapy and dermarolling don't work, but I dont want laser yet, my skin still doesnt heal as well as it did after taking 'Tane Im lookig forward to starting dermarolling though. :)

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/23/2010 1:21 am

Hi April,

Thank you for taking great photos and sharing your experience. This is one one the best afters I have see. Great improvements. Your skin looks awesome. I like the idea of this filler! Please keep us updated in the future.

Thanks Jackiey :) I highly recommend it. Particularly as its fine to dermaroll etc afterwards. Usually dermarolling after filler will just break down the filler quicker, but this stuff is pretty tough and is injected deeper, so home dermarolling can be done without much compromise on the filler. The different types of Surgiderm and designed to be injected into different levels of the dermis depending on what they are being used to treat. :)

Also £250 for a 1ml syringe is pretty good, It did nearly all my scars.

MemberMember
(@lameleah)

Posted : 11/23/2010 7:52 am

April, I'm happy for your great result, not only do I see that the rolling scars are nearly gone, but also I think the skin texure has improved a lot! esp the pitted scars and enlarged pores :) Please keep us updated. Hope you can do the dermarolling asap as long as your skin has healed nicely. Happy healing!

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/25/2010 4:39 am

Hi everyone.

Well its been 2 weeks now so I wanted to share some pics taken with make up.

A couple of the scars have shown back through, I guess due to the last of the swelling going, but I'd say Im looking at 60-70% improvement from one syringe. If I took the bumps into account I guess I'd say it would be more like 30% as the texture stull looks bad because of the bumps I guess. But that doesn bother me, I prefer bumps to craters, I'd say all in all I've gotten 60% improvement without makeup, and it looks 70-80% better with make up. I still have a few craters though, and with them being next to the bumps, well the effect isnt great. But hopefully it remedy once the bumps fade a bit more, and I get the remainig craters treated.

I use Estee Lauder Double wear foundation ( a tiny bit) Estee Lauder Max cover concealer on my red marks, and a blusher by benefit. With that my skin looks approx 80% improved. I think I need another treatment because bits were missed due to swelling, but I'm happy for my first treatment :)

Pics below: Taken with SLR to show every pore, natural light and sunlight. Large and scarred pores dont bother me. I dont want perfection, I just dont want craters :)

post-139158-1290677458_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677780_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677860_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677527_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677702_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677458_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677527_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677702_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677780_thumb.jpg

post-139158-1290677860_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@claire_35)

Posted : 11/25/2010 4:51 am

Your skin looks great April awesome results.

MemberMember
(@sassy74)

Posted : 11/25/2010 10:08 am

I think you look lovely! I like how you are smiling in each picture :) You must have a very positive attitude! Good for you. Your skin tone looks so nice and I honestly don't really see any "bumps" or "craters". Thank you so much for continuing to document your progress. You're being so very helpful to many who surgiderm may be a possibility for. When do you go back to your Dermatologist? Will she reinject any of the spots that she missed at your next visit?

Best of luck and continued success on your healing journey!

God bless

MemberMember
(@uhopihopyahoo-com)

Posted : 11/25/2010 10:30 am

Wow! U look amazing!! Congrats to you! Thanks for sharing

Your experience as I might give this a shot!

MemberMember
(@hellohellohello)

Posted : 11/25/2010 10:48 am

Wow, what an awesome result. You look beautiful!

Accutane also scarred one of my daughter's cheeks quite badly, the other not so bad but still scarred. Would you mind sharing who the doctor is that did your fillers? She did an amazing job.

Thanks so much. :)

(Never mind, I see that you're from South Africa! A little far to go for fillers. But thanks so much for sharing your pictures, it gives me hope.)

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/25/2010 1:04 pm

Thanks so much for the lovely comments everyone :)

Sassy74, I'm hoping to see my doc again on Monday. I sent some pics to the clinic today to show the scars that have been missed, so I will see what they say about it. There are bumps and indents still but as with all scarring it depends on the lighting. It certainly looks better than it did though, and although in the wrong light the bumps look like a breakout, well I'd still rather that than what I had before. :)

It's been a really rough year and I've been obsessed by these scars and so depressed over them. I still have a way to go but any improvement for me is a positive after enduring them for a year and not being able to do Anything about them til now (after Accutane.) Personally I'd rather get this done once a year or even twice a year if needed, than risk a laser. I'm just terrified of the effects they can have later down the line. And I always said the one thing I couldn't handle would be my skin ending up worse.

Hellohellohello, Im so sorry to hear about daughter's scarring. Same with me, one cheek is much worse than the other. My Dr is Maureen Allem, you can google her. Or perhaps google Surgiderm as I know they have a few websites, and there may be links to registerd doctors on there. I know it is registered in the UK as well as here. Im from the Uk and it took me a lot of searching to find a good doctor, especially as I live on a game reserve and am 3hrs from the nearest town let alone city :) The right doctor is the key I believe, as much as the product is.

Thanks again everyone, and thanks for the lovely PM's. Im happy to help anyone and give as much info as I can, we are all fighting the same battle! :)

I will update after seeing my derm again on Monday. I know she wants me to have Laser Genesis, Carboxytherapy and Skin Needling at the clinic, but I'm saying no the first two I think. Read too many horror stories on all lasers, and haven't heard much about Carboxytherapy either.

Derma rolling I'm keen for though, and I'm hoping doing it at home will help too (with a smaller needled roller.) I don't mind if it breaks my filler down a bit, better to pay for it to be replaced a little more often and work towards a more longer term solution.

My doctor is quite renowned here in SA for her knowledge on aesthetic proceedures, and my consultation was excellent. I had TWO expert doctors there, it was information overload in a sense but wow I got clued up quickly!

The only negatives I can think of are the missed scars, the few that subcised and returned to how they were, which was narror thin scars, so awkward anyway. The lumps too I guess, but the positives outweigh the negatives and for ‚£250, I'm happy.

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 11/26/2010 2:29 am

April how much did it cost you for one syringe?

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/26/2010 4:42 am

April how much did it cost you for one syringe?

Hi Buddy, it cost me R2800, which is about £250. That included the free consultation, and a follow up consultation, so the whole thing was £250. :)

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 11/26/2010 6:08 am

what currency is R? lol i don't operate in pounds either...

I'm guessing you paid 555 aussie bucks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/26/2010 6:16 am

wow your skins improvement is amazing! Did you have anything done on your nose for those scarred pores?

i am very happy for you

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 11/26/2010 6:18 am

ps it's so cute that youre smiling so much in these after photos

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/26/2010 1:17 pm

what currency is R? lol i don't operate in pounds either...

I'm guessing you paid 555 aussie bucks!

LOL R is Rand, (South African currency)...In Aus money it works out to $406 according to the online currency converter :)

MemberMember
(@april-2)

Posted : 11/26/2010 1:18 pm

wow your skins improvement is amazing! Did you have anything done on your nose for those scarred pores?

i am very happy for you

Thank you :)

No I have had nothing done except the filler. I have started with Retin A on my nose though about a week ago because blackheads were starting to return, it has sorted them out already though. :)

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/26/2010 1:24 pm

I also definitely approve of the smiles in the second set of photos. :) (Not to mention the improvement)

MemberMember
(@raymando)

Posted : 12/04/2010 9:47 am

Hey April

Hope you're well.

I think we're all really thankful to you for sharing your experiences, and I'm sure goodness will follow you as a result.

I've actually got a similar problem to what you had, albeit mine is a lot worse. I haven't yet tried fillers, and it seems as though you got great results.

That said, I know from experience that the first few days/weeks following many scar treatments can be a little miseading mainly because of the swelling, as you also talked about.

I think we'd all be ever so thankful if you could let us know how the filler is lasting over its life- even if the updates are infrequent.

I'd be really interested to see how quickly/slowly the filler disappears, as I'm seriously considering the treatment.

Also, have you experienced any adverse side-effects following the treatment? Were you left with any visble marks at point of the injections? Any hyperpimentation? Sometimes the non-cosmetic side effects can also be just as bad- eg constant irritation or strain?

Finally, I thought I should also say, you have SERIOUSLY beautiful features- with or without the acne scarring! Your boyfriend is a lucky guy.

Take care

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 01/11/2011 2:10 am

Hi April

Its been a little while and I wondered how your skin has improved since then. Would love to hear your updates and photos would be cool too:)

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 06/18/2011 8:37 pm

Yeah, how's it all going now??

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 05/28/2013 6:14 pm

Wow if I could have improvement like this I would absolutely pay for it every few months to avoid lasers.