Notifications
Clear all

Scarred Pores from Accutane - WITH PICTURES!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/24/2010 2:13 pm

oil king, that "Wavyness" underneath your eyes, is very similar to what i have. Did you ever have pimples there? I never had pimples there yet i still have that. Maybe it is genetics?

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/24/2010 5:26 pm

oil king, that "Wavyness" underneath your eyes, is very similar to what i have. Did you ever have pimples there? I never had pimples there yet i still have that. Maybe it is genetics?

On which picture?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/25/2010 2:12 am

On which picture?

/

this picture.

Also, do you happen to have enlarged pores on the tip fo your nose?

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/25/2010 11:51 am

Ohhh well right below my eye I got stitches because I got hit with a hockey stick, and I've never had pimples there if that is where your referring to.

I luckily have pretty small pores on my nose, its just my cheeks that are effected.

MemberMember
(@ssc)

Posted : 11/26/2010 12:33 pm

Oil king, I cant believe some of these replies, especially "mebe" who should get a life and stop bullying you - is he/she going to tell people off for wearing make-up cos it's superficial! Why don't we all just walk around with custard spots all over us, not wash, not brush our hair.

Sorry, rant over.

You have scars plain and simple to see. It is understandable you want to get rid of them. Research good and hard and be happy with your choice, and you are going the right way about it by asking lots of questions.

I have similar scars to you, as well as rolling scars. I had no idea that some of them were called scarred pores. my dermatollogist is very good and didn't describe them as that.

Anyway, I've just started a course of dermaroller - had my first session a few days ago. it will take a while to see results but I will keep you posted. I know it works well on wrinkles and rolling scars but only time will tell if it works on my other scarring.

i have done so much research and still don't know if I have chosen the best option, but its a pretty safe option with a good success rate so I figured even if I still have a few scars at the end of it, at least that's a huge improvement.

You go for it oil king

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 11/27/2010 2:13 pm

I'm surprised to see some of the replies. Just because other people have it worse than you, they want to basically complain about you complaining. My skin is definitely worse than this, but I can understand wanting perfect - or "normal" skin. I definitely see enlarged /scarred pores there and even though it's pretty mild, it's obviously an issue for you. I don't know but, I've gotten some scarred pores from using Retin-A. Therefore I wouldn't recommend it, but everyone is different. If you wanted to use a retinoid, I'd reach for Tazorac instead. Accutane's main ingredient is Vitamin A if I'm correct.. and so is Retin-A's. If you want to go more mild than Tazorac, I'd say Differin. If you don't want to use a retinoid then perhaps a few chemical peels (glycolid acid or TCA) will help. I bought my TCA peels off a legit site - makeupartistschoice.com. Good luck :)

THANKYOU, it's quite upsetting to come to these boards for information and be situated in a whos-skins-worse contest.

I know. I have so much sympathy for you considering what you have to go through.

MemberMember
(@viscidity)

Posted : 12/21/2010 4:48 pm

My scars look the same as yours. I have been using Retin-A Micro and jojoba oil for about 4 months and I think some of my pores are starting to close up. I'm going to switch my jojoba oil for silkia camellia oil and epidermx. I have read many amazing results on silkia camellia oil and epidermx for indented scars/pores.

MemberMember
(@o_adam_o)

Posted : 12/21/2010 5:52 pm

really i hope you just see that you skin looks amazing, i could only dream of mine looking so good, go live your life yo... its really not worth any stress at all.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 12/21/2010 7:54 pm

My scars look the same as yours. I have been using Retin-A Micro and jojoba oil for about 4 months and I think some of my pores are starting to close up. I'm going to switch my jojoba oil for silkia camellia oil and epidermx. I have read many amazing results on silkia camellia oil and epidermx for indented scars/pores.

I think the whole Silkia Camellia Oil & Epidermx (I have the II one) thing is a hoax. I know there's a lot of 'testimonals' and some waterlily chick raving about it on messsage boards (probably just advertising it), but it did very teeny tiny to nothing for my skin or for real people I've spoken to about it. I have plenty left if you want to buy it cheaper off from me. The oil basically plumps your skin up a little, like any good moisturizer would do, except I had to stop using it because it clogged up nearly every one of my pores. The Epidermx II is like any other exfoliator except it has natural ingredients and smells like coconut. I'm trying to help you out 'cause you shouldn't waste your money like I did, but hey, to each their own.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/01/2011 5:28 am

How long have most of your guys pores have been enlarged or scarred for?

MemberMember
(@rae18)

Posted : 05/11/2013 3:42 am

@Oil King, did you do anything for your scarred pores? i have the same problem and this really stressed me out. i have those even on my nose, makes my nose looks like evil old with :'( i am thinking to do radiofrequency treatment, do you think it will be effective for this kind of condition?

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:20 pm

Try Dermarolling?