Notifications
Clear all

Gonna get a eMatrix, aka Sublative Rejuvenation soon

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 05/14/2011 5:56 am

Did you guys the ones who had eMatrix experience any breakouts after your treatments? I'm currently on antibiotics but I have a feeling I'll breakout after the eMatrix session :/ that last time I broke out was end of Feb been clear for two months now (thanks to doxycycline) except for the occasional pimple/whitehead. The doc I consulted reassured me that I ll be fine. I also have some healing PIH lesions and she said its safe to perform eMatrix on them.

But then I read some of the posts here and someone mentioned eMatrix caused additional scarring ..that's really discouraging. I asked my doc about the scabs she said they'll never cause additional scarring when they fall off. I'm only going to get it done on the sides of my cheeks/cheekbones and temples where I have chicken pox scarring....

Guys I'm not a fan of mineral powder, can I use my Estee lauder matte oil free pressed powder? It has talc in it!

MemberMember
(@roothlus)

Posted : 05/15/2011 4:30 pm

Just had 1st session of ematrix yesterday. It was actually my first treatment of any kind. Hoping for the best but we'll see. The procedure itself was exactly as described by others on this forum. I didnt need any numbing cream and thought the pain was tolerable. I was given the B treatment. Wish me luck.

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 05/18/2011 7:46 am

I finally had my first eMatrix treatment session. It was an amazing experience my doc is truly amazing I think she used a level B then she switched to level C for the deeper 3-4 icepicks on my right cheek. Not sure what setting it was on. Anyhooooo it was PAINLESS I swear to god I loved it lol the entire session took around 15 mins. She did 2-3 passes on my scar areas (not my whole face). Oh they applied a numbing gel/cream before the procedure then applied alcohol. After that my face was swollen red .. It was tomato red but then it cooled down now it looks like I have blusher on or something...it's burning a bit. My doc told me to wash my face before going to bed after 7-9 hours. And I got a sick leave for two days.

I don't think I'll notice improvement from the first session but she said I'll notice a teeny weeny bit difference and that my skin texture will get way better a week from now. She gave me a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, bepanthen cream. My second session is after 4 weeks, can hardly wait !!!

MemberMember
(@daniel-p)

Posted : 06/15/2011 7:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I will probably never check this board again :(

Having said that, I just wanted to share my own experience.. I am a little bit silly...or apathetic about everything I do you could say. I went ahead and got the eMatrix treatment for my mild scars, didn't bother reading about different treatments, didn't bother waiting or asking around -- basically just ask the nice lady at American Laser which would be appropriate for me, then I signed the check and got it done the next day (similar to how i handle many things on my tight schedule these days).

Well, I guess I should first describe my scaring issue. My scars are very mild, in fact I am actually almost content with my face. I didn't have much issue with depth like many people (best of luck to anyone who has this), my issue is mostly redness. The redness faded somewhat over time and I got good treatment for my acne in almost reasonable time (if I would have gotten it a little sooner, I probably wouldn't have any scars, but eh... i'm okay with how things turned out so far). My face has a good bit of redness, and some very, very light depth in one or two places. If I got rid of all my redness today, my face probably would look as smooth (probably smoother) than your average normal adult. My big problem is just that - redness.

Anyway, first day at treatment today. Unlike my face, I did have a few larger acne scars on my back. So I decided to get my back and face done simultaneously (approx. $1500/back & $1000/face - per treatment, I purchased 3 treatments each - about $6k - they were running a promotion this month for a buy-one-get-one, so I purchased them all up front and saved about $3k [spent $3,400 total]. I also got a free bottle of cleanser with the deal, [like I really give a damn after giving them that much money]).

Anyway, the lady was really nice (really cool actually ^^). I got my entire back lasered and I have raised squares literally all over my back (probably several hundred). It hurt for about 2 hours - there's not much other I can say about it yet, because it has huge squares and I can't see anything yet.

As for my face, I got the same treament (have no idea how high it was set, she told me to pay attention this time to the recovery so we can raise it next time). Within 40 minutes after doing my face, I could see some results to the tightness of my face. It was really red at first, but not blown up like some of the pictures the lady showed me, my back is much more blown up ("probably because I'm only 17 and I have young skin" - paraphrasing what the lady said). After about 2 hours, most of the redness from the treatment was gone. Now I'm at about 4 hours, some of the redness is fading more and I see grids on my face, but not raised grids like my back.

As per results, I am undoubtably too soon to tell.. But significantly, I do notice a tightness in my face (probably enough to smooth out my little depths). Very surprisingly (and almost saddening), I do not notice much of a fade at all in my damn redness from before. It actually seeps through the redness the laser left behind -- very disappointing, but maybe it's just too soon because the ladies seemed confident it would go away. Do I think the redness will go away after my three treatments? - I hope so, but I don't know.. It may have faded in the lighter areas already, but I cannot tell yet. If I ever come on here again, I'll be glad to update everyone.

Um.. Key points:

- pain isn't that bad, but the anticipation of the laser can get to you

- after pain definitely isn't that bad, i have my entire back + face and i feel fine, aside from maybe sunburned

- i never had any other treatments like this for scaring. i have been on acutane in the past (3+ years ago)

- this stuff isn't cheap, but not outrageously movie-star expensive either. three years ago, i'd never imagine i would have spare funds like i do now to blow on cosmetic stuff like this (the money i made off my business has changed many things in my life and made me less angry as a person, if it can take away my scars too, i will be a changed man)

I'm sure there are a bunch of key points I missed.. Sorry to anyone who wanted to hear anything (if anyone).

Final thought: I really hope I am going to make my redness disappear, my skin was plenty tight. If it doesn't go away, I would feel it was a complete waste of funds.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/15/2011 7:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I will probably never check this board again :(

Having said that, I just wanted to share my own experience.. I am a little bit silly...or apathetic about everything I do you could say. I went ahead and got the eMatrix treatment for my mild scars, didn't bother reading about different treatments, didn't bother waiting or asking around -- basically just ask the nice lady at American Laser which would be appropriate for me, then I signed the check and got it done the next day (similar to how i handle many things on my tight schedule these days).

Well, I guess I should first describe my scaring issue. My scars are very mild, in fact I am actually almost content with my face. I didn't have much issue with depth like many people (best of luck to anyone who has this), my issue is mostly redness. The redness faded somewhat over time and I got good treatment for my acne in almost reasonable time (if I would have gotten it a little sooner, I probably wouldn't have any scars, but eh... i'm okay with how things turned out so far). My face has a good bit of redness, and some very, very light depth in one or two places. If I got rid of all my redness today, my face probably would look as smooth (probably smoother) than your average normal adult. My big problem is just that - redness.

Anyway, first day at treatment today. Unlike my face, I did have a few larger acne scars on my back. So I decided to get my back and face done simultaneously (approx. $1500/back & $1000/face - per treatment, I purchased 3 treatments each - about $6k - they were running a promotion this month for a buy-one-get-one, so I purchased them all up front and saved about $3k [spent $3,400 total]. I also got a free bottle of cleanser with the deal, [like I really give a damn after giving them that much money]).

Anyway, the lady was really nice (really cool actually ^^). I got my entire back lasered and I have raised squares literally all over my back (probably several hundred). It hurt for about 2 hours - there's not much other I can say about it yet, because it has huge squares and I can't see anything yet.

As for my face, I got the same treament (have no idea how high it was set, she told me to pay attention this time to the recovery so we can raise it next time). Within 40 minutes after doing my face, I could see some results to the tightness of my face. It was really red at first, but not blown up like some of the pictures the lady showed me, my back is much more blown up ("probably because I'm only 17 and I have young skin" - paraphrasing what the lady said). After about 2 hours, most of the redness from the treatment was gone. Now I'm at about 4 hours, some of the redness is fading more and I see grids on my face, but not raised grids like my back.

As per results, I am undoubtably too soon to tell.. But significantly, I do notice a tightness in my face (probably enough to smooth out my little depths). Very surprisingly (and almost saddening), I do not notice much of a fade at all in my damn redness from before. It actually seeps through the redness the laser left behind -- very disappointing, but maybe it's just too soon because the ladies seemed confident it would go away. Do I think the redness will go away after my three treatments? - I hope so, but I don't know.. It may have faded in the lighter areas already, but I cannot tell yet. If I ever come on here again, I'll be glad to update everyone.

Um.. Key points:

- pain isn't that bad, but the anticipation of the laser can get to you

- after pain definitely isn't that bad, i have my entire back + face and i feel fine, aside from maybe sunburned

- i never had any other treatments like this for scaring. i have been on acutane in the past (3+ years ago)

- this stuff isn't cheap, but not outrageously movie-star expensive either. three years ago, i'd never imagine i would have spare funds like i do now to blow on cosmetic stuff like this (the money i made off my business has changed many things in my life and made me less angry as a person, if it can take away my scars too, i will be a changed man)

I'm sure there are a bunch of key points I missed.. Sorry to anyone who wanted to hear anything (if anyone).

Final thought: I really hope I am going to make my redness disappear, my skin was plenty tight. If it doesn't go away, I would feel it was a complete waste of funds.

nice to c u tried this procedure. u would have saved a shitload of money if u just had done v - beam. v beam is a laser only meant for redness//pigmentation problems. good luck to ur healing and please update ur results as we are all learning from this !

MemberMember
(@89solodolo)

Posted : 09/07/2011 6:52 pm

Hey everyone,

I started getting my e-matrix done at the very end of June. So far i have had 3 treatments spread out 4 weeks apart, with 2 more left. I still look the same. Im stressing out here and sometimes get deeply depressed because i feel like i spent a ton of money on nothing and that i may be stuck this way forever . Should i chill out and wait longer for the collagen to react? whats your opinion? Thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 09/07/2011 6:59 pm

its effectiveness depends on the depth of ur scars and the settings that ur doctor used..usually collagen takes 1-4 months to grow so it can still get better...

MemberMember
(@89solodolo)

Posted : 09/08/2011 11:05 pm

its effectiveness depends on the depth of ur scars and the settings that ur doctor used..usually collagen takes 1-4 months to grow so it can still get better...

yeah, i hope so. Thanks brother.

MemberMember
(@ematrix)

Posted : 09/27/2011 7:39 pm

hey guys, I want to worn you all for this types om laser/radiofreqvense. I know how you feel about your skin, but please dont stress in to this kind om treatments. I have done 4 treatments, last one 4 months ago. I can se a litte diffrent in the red color om the skin, but overall my skin has thinned out bad... every time I get a pimple it living me with a new scar. It wasent like that before, I could handle a pimple. I think it because of the fat that I lost on my cheeks. Why dont look in to punch excision or subsiuon if you have bad acne scars? those treatments will not destroy your hole skin only the parts ho being treated, I regret this treatment day and night.... I just want you to know about my experience. take cear

MemberMember
(@valerie21)

Posted : 12/27/2011 1:55 am

ematrix, that's terrible! I've heard about fat lost in practically every light-based treatments (lasers, IR, IPL, etc). Maybe any type of treatment that burns tissue will cause fat loss.

sassy74, I did not see significant differences between your before and after picture. You don't have deep scars to begin with. For 8 treatments, considering the time and money, there doesn't seem to be a drastic enough difference. That's just my opinion. The pictures might not be clear enough, and only taken at one angle. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

chanelwy, how did ematrix work out for you? I read this whole thread from start to finish and chanelwy just disappeared.

The reviews are mixed. It's very hard to decide if this is the right treatment for scars.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 12/27/2011 11:33 am

Always cut to the chase and go to an unbiased source such as NIH for real information.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921736/

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 12/27/2011 4:55 pm

how do i resize the pictures. i cant see the results, when i open its zoomed in

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 01/26/2012 2:37 am

Hello all, here to update again. Thank you Steve for your good wishes.

I postponed my 2nd treatment b/c i went away for vacation for a week. I did the 2nd treatment last week. I asked about the depth of penetration into the skin, and they told me for Matrix RF it's 2400 (whatever the unit for this is. I forgot..lol), and for fraxel, its 1500. So it reaches deeper than fraxel.

2nd treatment - started from the most aggressive level, the rest was pretty much the same as the 1st treatment. Not too much pain, not bad at all. scabs were formed on day 2, started falling off on day 4, mostly gone by day 7.

I think the overall tone of my skin has improved. My complexion is brighter. For scars, i haven't really seen any great improvement yet. But my mom says it's working, that my scars are shallower. I guess i should still wait a few weeks to see actually results. I am still very hopeful. At least, it didn't get worse, and my overall tone is much better.

By the way, hydroquinone serum gave me breakouts. So they switched me to phyto+(from SkinCeuticals) for prepping, and that worked fine for me.

Feel free to ask questions guys. I'll update again in a month or so. Hopefully i'll see great results...tongue.gif

Good luck everybody, and Happy New Year.

why did u need to use hydroquinone to prep?

MemberMember
(@imhermit)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:04 am

• if any original posters are still frequenting this website - please provide an update. Did the scars improve six months after the last of your 4-6 treatments? Did the scars come back after a year or two?
MemberMember
(@carolcarol)

Posted : 09/11/2013 10:50 am

i have had to have 4 sublative treatments to notice any difference, i dont know whether that's normal or not, but in terms of results i'm quite happy (of course i would've liked it if the results would've been achieved sooner!) it wasnt painful and the staff at the clinic i went to *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.* were amazing!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/11/2013 10:07 pm

i have had to have 4 sublative treatments to notice any difference, i dont know whether that's normal or not, but in terms of results i'm quite happy (of course i would've liked it if the results would've been achieved sooner!) it wasnt painful and the staff at the clinic i went to *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.* were amazing!

what type of scarring did you have treated?

as long as you recieved improvement i think it was worth it in my eyes regardless how many amounts of treatments you have to go through

MemberMember
(@ematrix)

Posted : 03/26/2014 3:21 pm

DONT DO EMATRIX FOR ACNE SCARING IT DOESNT HELP!!! PLEASE DONT DO THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! MAYBE EMATRIX IS WORKING FOR OTHER PROBLEMS, BUT NOT SCARRING!

I HAVE DONE 4 TREAMTENS AND IT ENDED WITH DERPRISSON AND PIGMENT LOSS....TODAY IM FINE, THANK GOOD!

BEST WICHES FROM SWEDEN!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/29/2014 1:21 pm

Hi everyone!

I've only started to go through and read this post today, wish I had followed it sooner. I'm from the UK

So I got my first Sublative rejuvenation treatment done on Saturday 27th Sept 14. I applied the numbing cream for 20 minutes as opposed to the 30 as I was worried about it entering the milk supply as I am currently breastfeeding (my dermatologist said its a safe procedure to carry out whilst nursing for anyone wondering). My dermatologist was the one performing the treatment it went well, though quite painful but I felt this was worth it, as I'm going about treating my skin the right way by doing it professionally unlike all the DIY disasters I've experienced in the past performing TCA peels at home and Glycolic peels etc. So prior to my appointment I had a consultation and was told my issue was ice pick scars which are the most difficult to get rid of therefore was advised to go for three treatments. Although I don't break out anymore and haven't done so for five odd years my teenage acne left me with scarring and a lot of holes on my face which I'm tired of filling in like a plastering job with primer.

Anyway back on track.. the treatment lasted twenty minutes. I noticed she went over areas she already zapped a few times more and I'm not going to lie it did hurt bad. Maybe I should of put the numbing cream on for the correct amount of time I was telling myself during the treatment. After the treatment was over the Dr. then applied a thick cream with high spf onto my skin which she dabbed on and gave me a mirror to massage the rest in. My initial reaction to what I was looking at in the mirror was "what have I done to my face again?" it was super red and I was scared and thought to myself how can the downtime of recovery be only a few days as the Dr. dermatologist stated in the consultation. I then was given a ice pack sat there for ten minutes and went home.

It is now day 3. It looks like a train has been over my face a few times, the tracks are quite scabby and dark. My skin feels itchy and tight. I wasn't told this happened after the treatment, could anyone advise me how long it lasts until the face face is free from the tracks? Its my sons birthday on Saturday, wish I had known this happens so I booked it two weeks prior.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@eyeswide)

Posted : 07/01/2015 2:38 am

DONT DO EMATRIX FOR ACNE SCARING IT DOESNT HELP!!! PLEASE DONT DO THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! MAYBE EMATRIX IS WORKING FOR OTHER PROBLEMS, BUT NOT SCARRING!

I HAVE DONE 4 TREAMTENS AND IT ENDED WITH DERPRISSON AND PIGMENT LOSS....TODAY IM FINE, THANK GOOD!

BEST WICHES FROM SWEDEN!

Dear "ematrix",

Over the last months I've had 3 Matrix RF treatments done and in a month im heading for the after picture. Of course I've had my reservations to this treatment as to any treatment, but ended up accepting it. Now, would you be so kind to explain a bit more about your bad experience with the treatment? You say that today you are fine - but you still have pigment loss, right??

So far I do notice a slight improvement in the scarring, but im also aware that it takes months for the final result to show since the natural collagen production is working to heal the burns from the treatment.

I haven't been worried about pigment loss - since nobody presented that idea to me. What I worry about is that the skin might initially look better, but what about in a year or 2? Does the skin actually loose its elasticity and age faster due to this treatment? We are supposed to stay away from the sun, use a factor 50 and a hat during the treatment period - but what after a year or two? A friend of mine said that I had to treat my skin as baby skin for the next couple of years after such treatment.

MemberMember
(@eyeswide)

Posted : 07/01/2015 2:43 am

ANYONE HAD MATRIX RF TREATMENTS OVER A YEAR AGO??

Hi, since I've recently had 3 Matrix RF treatments for scars im curious to hear experiences on how the skin is a year or more years after such treatments? Elasticity, sensitivity to sun, scars... It seems very difficult to find any post treatment reviews made a good amount of time after the treatment.

Thank you so much.