Notifications
Clear all

Frustrated with scarred large pores on nose

MemberMember
(@a_to_z)

Posted : 08/23/2009 2:42 am

Basically the skin around my pores, so the edges of the pores on my nose are scarred because I've picked at it before, but it's getting worse as I grow older and becoming more noticeable and large.

I am using tretinoin .01% right now, but it's still too soon to tell how effective it will be, but I'm doubtful because the I've damaged the skin around it and it appears to be permanent. Understand that they are clean, not clogged. For instance, when I pinch my nostrils as if there's a bad smell, I can see oil oozing out of the pores. It looks like pin-size needles that have punctured deep into the skin of my nose, it's so unsightly and depressing.

Can anyone relate to this? What kind of peel and laser treatment should work? I've looked up Fraxel, but have read mixed reviews. I am might try MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel, but I just don't think it'll do much or might even worsen it, same with the Fraxel?

If these was something that truly works, any price is worth it.

is it also true that the pores/skin on the nose work differently; might heal differently? Sorry for long post.

MemberMember
(@onceperfect)

Posted : 08/23/2009 11:59 pm

i have done the same thing and damaged the pores on my nose by constant picking. Unfortunately they aren't clear and continue to form comedones.

i think its important to remember that everyone has large pores on their nose to some degree. And secondly i heard the retin A is the best thing for it, so you are on the right track....

I have no more advice since i haven't looked into treating it as much

MemberMember
(@a_to_z)

Posted : 08/24/2009 3:47 am

Thanks for responding back. I'll keep up with the retin a gel even though it's making my skin peel and extremely sensitive..

MemberMember
(@rae18)

Posted : 05/15/2013 8:38 pm

hi, how is your nose now? i have the same problem with you.. and i am thinking to do laser treatment though not sure which laser (between fraxel restore, profractional, or lucrotix infini RF) thanksss