Notifications
Clear all

Ok guys...

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 11/27/2008 12:50 pm

thats incredible lamarr. I cant believe you have found a way to improve your scarring to the point of it not even being noticable.

would it be suitable to purchase one of those inexspensive hand held lights from the led man?? I dont even know what these things are other then what I have seen on this site. you put the light on your face everyday for a bit. and its gotta be the red light correct?

thanks man... 🙂

Sure the smaller ones will do the job. You just have to use them on each area for 5 mins per day.

I appreciate the help Lamarr. I will get one asap. 🙂

MemberMember
(@holychicken)

Posted : 11/27/2008 1:44 pm

Larmarr, I googled it and came across this page ( http://heelspurs.com/led.html ) According to it, LED lights do not treat scars and only facilitate wound healing especially in diabetics...

Now, I got too excited yesterday and decided to place my orders and they cost me about $275 USD , I hope I get a refund for the lights...

But, I'm sure needling will definitely help improving the scars, just was not sure about the LED. Anyways, I would love to hear back from you.

-Farmland Real Chicken

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 11/27/2008 1:53 pm

Dude....lol

What do you think needling and dermaroller are? They inflict micro injuries. When you use the LEDs on these injuries you get much better results. Don't just read one study. Some people don't read broadly enough on the subject (e.g. you) no offense.

When the skin is injured a number of substances/chemical signals and processes take place. Essentially the led therapy just makes these processes much more efficient, enabling you to get MUCH better results from scar revision techniques.

If you do the treatments without the lights you will lose out on about 50% more results.

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 11/27/2008 3:44 pm

Does anyone know if this terproline can be purchased in the USA? After a little searching, everything comes up UK.

MemberMember
(@holychicken)

Posted : 11/27/2008 4:30 pm

OMG! OK, I'm gonna reorder these lights, I had no idea...

But obviously, according to you, they are magic lamps, so I will forgo my hard-earned beloved dollars if the results will be 50% better. But honestly, once I get the lights, I'm gonna do it in the bathroom where no one can see...

-Farmland Chicken

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/27/2008 5:04 pm

Lamarr,

I know you have been on and perhaps still are on mepacrine to treat some side effects from past medication, do you think the light therapy has played the biggest part in skin healing rather than the mepacrine (i.e for the red marks left after acne, or general skin healing)?

Also, do you think all three types (red, infrared, yellow) of lights are necessary for the best improvements? They have certain purposes I think, and perhaps for the skin healing yellow is best...

Just wanted your thoughts,

Thanks and good luck with your continued success!

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 11/30/2008 9:04 pm

In terms of results in improving my scarring the mepacrine has played no role in this....

Getting rid of the inflammation and the redness is due to the mepacrine but the people here don't have rosacea to worry about so... I do believe there is a place for all three wavelengths and don't see the point in NOT using all three when you consider the price of the LEDs and then consider how much we pay for scar revision techniques.

MemberMember
(@beautifuldoll)

Posted : 11/30/2008 9:11 pm

http://i34.tinypic.com/v6qfq8.gi f" rel="external nofollow"> http://i3....com/v6qfq8.gi f" target="_blank">http://i3....com/v6qfq8.gi f"/>

clears throat............

Erm, I'm not too sure I understand what this Led man is. And is it only for men?

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 11/30/2008 10:33 pm

The LED man is just a guy who makes affordable and well made LED arrays. I don't like to sound like i am advertising him but i just don't know anywhere else that makes them for such reasonable prices.... You could make them yourself for cheaper but not massively so, would also require quite a bit of time unless you are very skilled with a soldering iron.

I am really looking forward to doing my next dermaroller session. A few more and i think i will just top up once per year!

MemberMember
(@braddd)

Posted : 12/03/2008 6:06 am

These are the needles, they say 5mm but they measure 4mm and i use the stopper. Just make sure your not going the full 4mm and use them at an angle.

Here is a pic of what my skin was like AFTER a few sessions of dermaroller. I don't have any when my skin was at it's worst.

I didn't have proper ice picks but i did have some deep ish boxcars. If you needle them individually you can get up to 80-90% improvement.

The upper scar on my left cheek was actually pretty darm huge. Some of the lines were pretty deep aswell. I have both acne and other scars.

I was pretty ill when the photos were took. thanks to accutane. I really recommend against tane.

ere mate i've gotta say well done...you've made your skin go back to normal again in such a short time !

good on ya mate!

MemberMember
(@jannn)

Posted : 12/03/2008 7:46 am

Okay lamarr, I am just making a directions/summary thingo but when do you actually put the terproline and apply LED therapy.

so far I've got Dermaroll => Bactroban after an hour

do i apply terproline straight away? or do I also use light therapy straight away?

oh and btw, this is safe on asian skin right? I am scared that dermarolling might induce hyperpigmentation if I do it aggresively

cheers man, really appreciate your contributions and help

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 12/03/2008 9:00 am

Jann, do a test patch in a slightly less obvious area. This way you can measure your response. It should be NO problem but i don't want to give any garuntees. My gf has some hypopigmentation on her arm and i am causious of using dermaroller on her as she seems to be susceptible to hyporpigmentation from injuries. We plan on testing a small area first.

You don't need to worry too much about applying things for the first 24 hrs post dermaroller. I apply the terproline twice per day and i use the leds after i have washed my face at night, before i apply the terporline. But i don't think it matters too much.

Just apply bactroben/vasoline for the first 24 hrs.

You need some EMLA and cling film for numbing the skin before hand aswell, alcohol swabs and iodine swabs i also use every time. swab with iodine then with the alcohol swabs to remove the iodine dye. You don't want to tattoo yourself...

MemberMember
(@ninjazx)

Posted : 12/03/2008 11:38 am

What was the timeline of your improvement? I used to needle my scars and it took almost 6 months to see some results. I dont know if it was needling or a combination with tca peels though.

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 12/03/2008 11:57 am

Been needling and dermarolling for about 18 months but using the light therapy in conjunction for about a year.

MemberMember
(@crzyakta)

Posted : 12/03/2008 12:25 pm

lamarr, when did you notice the most positive results (ie was it after the LED treatments, or after the 5 rolling session etc)

Also, how was your scarring before? It doesnt look like it could have been that severe

thanks

MemberMember
(@brad22)

Posted : 12/03/2008 12:56 pm

lamarr, when did you notice the most positive results (ie was it after the LED treatments, or after the 5 rolling session etc)

Also, how was your scarring before? It doesnt look like it could have been that severe

thanks

I'm debating on getting an LED also, I had a fraxel repair treatment 5 weeks ago (just a spot treatment) and getting another one done in Feb.

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 12/03/2008 2:10 pm

thanks

I'm not being funny or anything but i keep repeating myself lol.... I noticed much better improvement after i started the LED therapy. I was having dermaroller done the same and everything else was kept the same.

Now i'm not gonna keep saying just use the LEDs because i don't see why i should convince people, either take my word for it that it gives you MUCH better results than you would get without it, or don't.

I wouldn't be here saying use LEDs unless they actually worked well for me and i was certain of it. It is why i haven't posted about it before, i waited to ensure my results were enhanced due to the LEDs.

For as little as what 200 dollars? i see it as one of the best investments you can make in tackling your acne scarring. Just remember alone they aren't going to do much to your scars, combine them with a decent topical and decent scar revision technique that aims to induce collagen production, then you WILL get some nice results, even if said scar revision technique provided you with little or no results before, with light therapy it can and will.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 12/03/2008 4:24 pm

Lamarr,do you needle each scar to the point where a scad would form?

Could you give me a rough guide to how many times you would needle each scar before dermarolling?

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 12/03/2008 8:32 pm

I needle a small say 1-2mm diameter scar about 20-30 times? just keep gently doing it as many times as you can. The swelling will eventually mean that you can't really make out the scar anyway, so start at the bottom of the scar working up round the borders then work within the borders. Just basically do it as many times as you can. until you have a nice blood clott forming. I don't really scab though no...

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 12/03/2008 8:42 pm

Thanks lamarr

MemberMember
(@franklins-tower)

Posted : 12/03/2008 8:42 pm

I want you ALL to begin using light therapy and dermaroller/needling. You can get yourself a whole "kit" for perhaps 750 dollars and you will get better results than anything else...

Here is a pic of my skin now

What i have been doing for the past year is having dermaroller done every 6-8 weeks and and needling individual scars with 4mm diabetic 33guage needles. I use a 1mm stopper to prevent it penetrating th full 4 mm.

I then use terproline twice per day. My dual 660/880nm array from the LED man and my 96 led yellow array from the LED man. 5 mins with the dual array 3 mins with the yellow.

You will need EMLA for doing dermaroller at home, many people don;t realise ho agressive you need to be and waste their time rolling every day or every week. Every month would be the most i would ever consider if you are rolling properly.

Take your vitamin C aswell...

good luck guys, you can beat your scars just think outside the box. It is no coicidence that i have beaten so many skin issues. I try things that most haven't thought of or try it in an inovative way till i get the results i want.

Will this work for hypertrophic scars?

MemberMember
(@jannn)

Posted : 12/03/2008 8:43 pm

hey lamar,

how did u get 33G diabetic needles?

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 12/03/2008 10:27 pm

I just searched really hard, i provided a link to them the other day, they took me a long time to find because sometimes the lancets are more like the end of a knife which is obviously not suitable.. They are ones used on the end of 'pens' to prick the finger i believe. They measure 4mm (think they claim they are 5mm though) and i insert about 3 mm at all different angles within the scar, paying close attention to the border of the scar.

I may have been wrong in saying 33g, i will check when i go home from uni. These are the ones i have at home....

http://www.glucosemeters4u.com/bd-pen-needle-short5mm31G.htm

MemberMember
(@indigenous)

Posted : 12/03/2008 10:50 pm

Sorry, but what is the termoline or emlo... whatever stuff? Also, I have a blue/red light machine- but you said YELLOW light!? Huh? Did I get the wrong ones?

Well- I applaud you, I do believe WE are the ones that will eventually cure ourselves- since we care the most. I have been needling and applying tca to several small areas and I KNOW they work because I've seen it happen, but there is a limit. One of the scars I just had excised was one I'd improved with needling- but it was obviously never going to come all the way up to the surface.

I believe we have to use several different methods and the tincture of TIME to get skin we are happy with. Good going Lamar- I wish you continued success.

MemberMember
(@crzyakta)

Posted : 12/04/2008 12:36 am

indigenous, the EMLA is just numbing cream to do the rolling with less pain...the terproline is a cream that assists in wound healing and collagen building