Notifications
Clear all

can deep acne scars go away naturally?

MemberMember
(@tallbeauty)

Posted : 06/03/2008 1:47 am

i have to say im almost in tears reading some of your posts ive had acne since iwas 15 and it always left really light scars till last October wheni broke out really bad and now im left with really bad scaring some raised some deep some flat and red and my face looks like i still have bad acne even tho i only have a couple of really small pimples that are not bad at all ive noticed the red ones are going away really nicely but that raised ones are taking a really long time some i poke needles an them and make them bleed and then ice them after and they go down alot from that and then i sleep with a bandaid on them and that seems to be working not that i think anyone should so this( please dont) the deep ones i leave alone and they seem to be going away slowly with time i use polysporin heal fast at night a thin layer in my scar areas and it seems to be helping ALOT also i find spraying with warm then cold a few times during my shower helps too. im scared to get any treatments because i think it will make it worse to tell you the truth

MemberMember
(@aminix)

Posted : 06/03/2008 4:32 am

i am 21 and i have a lot of hyperpigmentation that JUST started to show up from picking my face a couple of months ago. my acne was completely stress related too. when i went to the dermatologist, she said that scars take sometimes years to heal and i almost started to cry in her office. however, she did suggest chemical peels so i'm going to try that. i just dont get how something that has been there no longer than a couple of months is going to take so long to go away. hopefully for all of us there is a way that these scars can go away faster.

Dont do chemical peels!! Please!! You will just get more scars. Trust me, thats how I got al my scars. When u keep taking away layers and layers of skin from your face, your skin looses its ability to heal itself and that why a pimples sticks around so much longer than it used to and thats also why u are left with a scar when before you would break out and you wouldnt have anything after it was gone. I wish I had known all of this before and I probably woudnt have scars now.

Really even these peels will cause more scarring?

http://www.skincultureusa.com/catalog/index.php

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/03/2008 11:30 am

im scared to get any treatments because i think it will make it worse to tell you the truth

MemberMember
(@incognit0)

Posted : 06/03/2008 3:04 pm

i'm scared shitless of scars. i can't tell if i have any since the zits aren't that old, but i'm scared SHITLESS that they'll be there forever.
MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/03/2008 3:27 pm

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/03/2008 3:30 pm

[ink:

So wat do u think?

Speak on it.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/03/2008 3:34 pm

[ink:

So wat do u think?

Speak on it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/27/2008 5:28 pm

I totally understand what you guys are going through. I had acne on my face for a number of years now, I'm 21 right now. For some reason or another, my acne became very severe this past summer. I guess my dermatologist at the point didn't think it severely enough, so the proper medications weren't given to me. So now, I have the acne pretty much under control, but i have a lot of scars on my cheeks. My dermatologist now says the scars are permanent. When I heard that my heart sank and I was devastated. The only thing that would help my scars is to have laser treatments for my type of scars.

I'm starting accutane next month to make sure there's no more acne. But I will have to wait a year or so after that before I could have the surgery done. I've never considered myself vain and would have definitely not have surgery done for cosmetic purposes, but like someone said in an earlier post, scars are not just a cosmetic thing, it's really a dehabilitating problem.

The scars are on my mind 24/7, and I don't ever want to leave the house unless I have to, (i.e., work, church). I hate it so much, it gets me so down. *sigh* It's nice to know I'm not alone.

MemberMember
(@myskin_2008)

Posted : 09/27/2008 8:44 pm

Chemical peel is no no to your scars..it make your skin more sensitive, too.

To put hash chemical to your skin makes your pores larger...

MemberMember
(@hatethyself)

Posted : 09/30/2008 11:44 am

NO! use Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice. Mederma works wonders too.

lol mederma

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 09/30/2008 12:08 pm

now..if something like scarless healing comes about..that might help your scarring...otherwise you might as well get used to your acne scars for life!

MemberMember
(@dreamweaver66)

Posted : 10/04/2008 8:20 pm

In reply to the Chemical Peels.

I used SA for a few years (which I know is way less harsh than Chemical Peels) and my scarring got terribly worse and is permanent.

You are taking off layers of the skin and revealing what is underneath and damaged due to past acne.

I wish I would have never used SA (BHA). It sucks....real bad.

Now I am stuck (at age 43) with mild/occasional moderate acne and cannot have any treatments done for scarring since I still have acne. When I was in my 20's-mid 30's you could hardly tell I had scarring. Yes, it was apparent, but I at least could deal with it, now I can't.

MemberMember
(@natashaaaa)

Posted : 10/25/2008 7:41 pm

Do mild scars completely disapear after a few years? =/

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/17/2012 5:45 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/19/2012 6:48 pm

Bump

I wondered where this came from. Deep scars will only become worse as you age.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/20/2012 12:38 am

Bump

I wondered where this came from. Deep scars will only become worse as you age.

Mine are either shallow, or really superficial... and new. There's really no telling sometimes.