Notifications
Clear all

Cerave Moisturiser Causing Breakout

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 06/16/2015 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I just started using cerave, I saw a lot of recommendations for it. I'm just using the general one not the am or pm. It may have caused me to breakout but could also be a number of other things.

i just started using it full amount straight away morning and night. So changing up that quick might have messed up my skin. I will give it a few weeks I think to see.

What experiences have people had with cerave?

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 06/17/2015 10:42 am

I used cetaphil but it made my skin look too shiny. I heard it clogged pores as well. I was using it for over a year, felt good on skin but still broke out every now and then and that could be why.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 06/17/2015 10:19 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will keep using the cerave and if it doesn't clear up I will go back to cetaphil. It just made my skin look so sweaty ha and shiny.

quote name="Control Panel" post="3484768" timestamp="1434559453"]I've broken out from neither the Cetaphil nor the CeraVe lotion. If one breaks you out, the other will probably also break you out because they both share potentially comedogenic ingredients.

As you've stated, it could've been a number of things. I advise to get completely clear. Once you've done that, add in the CeraVe and use it for about two weeks to see if it breaks you out. Good luck

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/18/2017 7:21 am

The cerave made my skin red I used the foaming facial cleanser and then the pm lotion and it made my face shit