Alternatives

MemberMember
(@casualkeep)

Posted : 12/19/2013 10:25 am

I live in the UK and don't have a prescription to get BP etc (that level at least). What are the alternatives I could get?

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/21/2013 12:11 am

AHA is just as effective. Prescription for 2.5% bp?

MemberMember
(@diamondlife)

Posted : 12/21/2013 12:54 am

I don't believe that Aha is an alternative for the BP. Aha is more of an exfoliator/lotion type thing. Some people do have success with just using the Aha , but i would try and find or order some BP 2.5%.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/21/2013 9:50 pm

AHA is actually more effective then bp. It stops breakouts, heals existing pimples, helps scarring, restores wrinkles, stops flakes/dry skin and accelerates redness healing.

MemberMember
(@steri)

Posted : 01/11/2014 12:01 pm

Sorry, but I totally agree diamondlife. AHA is not more effective than BP, neither as effective as it, if you have acne. If AHA is just good for you is because you just have some pimples.

What AHA does is to peel but it does not prevent acne.

CasualKeep, as you live in the UK I would tell you to try one of those:

- Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Acne Control Kit (this is a 10% BP foaming 125ml, 2.5& Acid Salycilic Moist 40 ml and 5% Acid Salycilic Spot Treatment 10ml)

- Benzac. This is a BP treatment (like the BP treatment of acne.org) and you can find different % (2,5% is available too).

MemberMember
(@casualkeep)

Posted : 01/13/2014 4:34 pm

Sorry, but I totally agree diamondlife. AHA is not more effective than BP, neither as effective as it, if you have acne. If AHA is just good for you is because you just have some pimples.

What AHA does is to peel but it does not prevent acne.

CasualKeep, as you live in the UK I would tell you to try one of those:

- Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Acne Control Kit (this is a 10% BP foaming 125ml, 2.5& Acid Salycilic Moist 40 ml and 5% Acid Salycilic Spot Treatment 10ml)

- Benzac. This is a BP treatment (like the BP treatment of acne.org) and you can find different % (2,5% is available too).

Thanks. Any idea if you can buy Benzac without a prescription? If so, where? Can't seem to find a decent place. Thanks

MemberMember
(@steri)

Posted : 01/13/2014 5:35 pm

You can buy benzac with no prescription. I always buy it on amazon or ebay.

It depends on the seller but I use to find it cheaper on ebay than on amazon