Notifications
Clear all

Looking Suggestions For Store Alternatives To Dan's Products

MemberMember
(@bjgsam1)

Posted : 01/29/2013 12:33 pm

Hi,

I've been on the regimen for a little more than half a year, and I am want to start looking for good alternatives to Dan's products that I can buy in stores. I used to buy all my products from him (cleanser, b.p, moisturizer, jojoba oil), but I logged on today to place an order and found my shipping was up to $23.30! Before it used to be $13.30 (I live in Canada). That is way too expensive for me. So I've sent an email to Customer Care asking why it's so pricey, but I have a feeling that there is nothing they can do about it. Sooooooooo, I need to start looking for some alternatives that I can buy in stores. And I was hoping that people on the Acne.org message boards would be able to share some great suggestions with me.

I need a cleanser and treatment recommendation. I am currently using the Cetaphil daily moisturizer since I ran out of my Dan's moisturizer, so I think I am good for a moisturizer, but if you guys have any suggestions that would be cool as well.

My skin has moderate acne, and I've learnt to expect that it isn't ever going to be completely clear, and I'm okay with that. What I am looking for is products that will just keep it from going out of control; in other words, very effective products.

I am into more natural products, and I am open to how to homemade products as well.

The product which I really need a suggestion for is the treatment/b.p, because I have no idea what sort of product I can buy that will substitute for a B.P cream. The only thing I could think of is getting a prescription from a doctor for BenzaClin (a 5% B.P cream, which I used to have a prescription for), but it is quite pricey at $60/bottle. Plus it's not as effective as I would like it to be.

Any suggestions you guys have for a cleanser, treatment or moisturizer would be great. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 01/29/2013 1:30 pm

You can get Dans products on amazon as well, Im not sure if shipping is better but its worth a look! I know neutragena has a on the spot bp cream thats 2.5% bp but it only comes in .75 oz bottles in the US. And its 6 bucks! Dans bp and cleanser are really cheap Ive noticed. And for the cleanser Ive seen a lot of peopel around here use Cetaphil Gentle cleanser as a good alternative. Cetaphil products seem good because they are generally very gentle. Good luck in fighting this battle!

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/29/2013 6:33 pm

If you're having success with Dan's products, I would recommend you bite the bullet and order enough product to last you a year. You will save on shipping and still be using a system you trust.

Other than that, I think you'll find Purpose or Simple as close to Dan's as possible. See what Eucerin products you can find for moisturizing and look at the ingredients. For BP, look for a generic brand at your local Target type store.

Again, if Dan's is working for you, is the possibility of breaking out again worth a $10 shipping difference?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 4:02 am

Totally agree! If you can buy in bulk, go for it and save on the shipping free.

I would pay the extra $10 for totally clear skin. I mean I've paid more trying out other products so why switch if Dan's regimen is working for you?