Notifications
Clear all

2017's plans to get clear skin

MemberMember
(@wannaclear)

Posted : 12/30/2016 4:10 am

It is almost new year. 2017.
I am almost 24 years old in 2 days.
I have my new year resolutions, and the first resolution is to eat healthy.

In these past few weeks, my acne is at it's worst.
I will make an acne-to clear skin progress every day. I will post the photos of my face every week.

I feel very depressed now. :(
My neck feel so sore.
I don't like to see my face on the mirror.
It's very frustrating and I am stressed.

I should have some plans and get meditations and good treatments soon.

AcnePro1 liked
MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 01/01/2017 2:35 pm

Hey!

I just want to shoot you some questions to be able to better help you, if you so wish of course!

What is your current skin care regimen like?
Do you have acne on other parts of your body?
Have you tried to go dairy free?

Whatever treatment you choose, i recommend you to stick to scientifically proven methods. Acne.org has a good selection of options right here. Because of the severity of you acne, I think you should mainly be looking at the acne.org regimen or make an appointment with a dermatologist to discuss a possible accutane course. 

Take Care! |:;D

MemberMember
(@wannaclear)

Posted : 01/09/2017 7:47 pm

On 1/1/2017 at 11:37 PM, AcnePro1 said:

Hi WannaClear!

Keep your head up - acne can be reduced and eliminated - and making your diet healthier is a good start.

Have you ever tried using natural, essential oils to help treat and prevent acne? More specifically, Tea Tree essential oil has been proven to reduce and, ultimately, eliminate acne breakouts.

Many artisans of natural soap infuse essential oil blends into bar soap that can be used on your face to help treat acne.

Best of luck to you for a skin-healthy 2017!

On 1/2/2017 at 1:35 AM, Howlingmad said:

Hey!

I just want to shoot you some questions to be able to better help you, if you so wish of course!

What is your current skin care regimen like?
Do you have acne on other parts of your body?
Have you tried to go dairy free?

Whatever treatment you choose, i recommend you to stick to scientifically proven methods. Acne.org has a good selection of options right here. Because of the severity of you acne, I think you should mainly be looking at the acne.org regimen or make an appointment with a dermatologist to discuss a possible accutane course. 

Take Care! |:;D

@AcnePro1 : Yes, I am trying to eat healthy. I haven't tried any essential oil before, I used natural things, like white egg.
thank you for your advice. :)

@Howlingmad : thank you for your advices.
1. Skin care : I wash my face every 2 times in a day with facial wash. I clean my face at least once a day with facial milk cleanser.
2. No, just on my face.
3. Yes, but sometime I still cheat here on there.

I am afraid using accutane. :(

Here is my progress :
My acne is better than the last week. I need to keep positive to get clearer skin. 

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/09/2017 8:48 pm

I am going to start drinking Kombucha and then brew it at home. Probiotics and vitamin d is the way to go to get clear skin.

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 01/11/2017 5:15 am

On 1/10/2017 at 1:47 AM, WannaClear said:

1. Skin care : I wash my face every 2 times in a day with facial wash. I clean my face at least once a day with facial milk cleanser.
2. No, just on my face.
3. Yes, but sometime I still cheat here on there.

I am afraid using accutane. :(

Hey! 

Going to throw some suggestions your way, point by point.

1. If you only use a facial wash as a skin care routine, you are going to have a bad time! Primarily an acne skin care routine should contain a cleansing step, a treatment step and as last a moisturizing step.

A cleanser will not get rid of all the excess oil, but also much needed moisture that your skin barrier needs to function properly. If you do nothing to restore the function of the skin barrier external bacteria will have an easier time settling on or in skin. 

The treatment step should contain a product that is effective against the root causes of acne. I personally use the Benzoyl Peroxide of acne.org. It works like a charm! It really did wonders for my skin. Other products you could use are listed here.

After following the description of the treatment product, you should always end up moisturizing your skin. I personally used to think for YEARS that my skin did not need any more moisturizer, and the dryer my skin was, the better off i would be. Don't be like me! 
Having dry skin does not help prevent any forms of acne. Your sebum glads might actually start to pump out more oil to try and remedy the dryness. 

2. All the more reason to look into getting a proper skin care regimen going! Also try and change your pillow case regularly. I personally change mine every other day. 

I also never dared to touch accutane, instead tried to get my acne under control using home remedies for a decade! Nothing ever had a lasting effect. The thing that DID work was the acne.org regimen. I would strongly urge you to give it a try!

Whatever treatment you choose, be sure that it is scientifically proven to work, and not some ''treatment'' a blogging girl is babbling about.