Notifications
Clear all

Clogged Pores/Caveman Regimen

MemberMember
(@serena95)

Posted : 07/10/2016 2:26 am

Okay just want to come back on here real quickly and say that I put a drop of moisturizer on because those random discoloration or patches or whatever they hell they were were scaring me so I acted on whim. A little annoyed I put moisturizer on my face (havent since may) but idk, whether it'll work or not, we'll see. (or whether it'll ruin my progress, we'll see that too). Im starting to get so frustrated with my skin, I just hate seeing old pics of me with perfect skin at the beginning of this year. :/

MemberMember
(@positivepositivepositive)

Posted : 07/18/2016 7:06 pm

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Serena95 said:

Okay just want to come back on here real quickly and say that I put a drop of moisturizer on because those random discoloration or patches or whatever they hell they were were scaring me so I acted on whim. A little annoyed I put moisturizer on my face (havent since may) but idk, whether it'll work or not, we'll see. (or whether it'll ruin my progress, we'll see that too). Im starting to get so frustrated with my skin, I just hate seeing old pics of me with perfect skin at the beginning of this year. :/

How's everything going? I hope it's good.

Just want to tell you that my acne is only left with hyperpigmentations now, and with a few I called what normal people would get clogged pores.

The most amazing part is , I have been having very poor living style.  By which I mean , I didn't do sports, eats junk food and spicy food very often, sleep at 4 to 6 a.m. , sometimes I woke up at 8a.m. or 2p.m. etc.  But my face just acts really normal lol.

Disclaimer: don't live like me  : / It's so unhealthy and am actually getting a fever at the moment.

Although I'm always encouraging you, but the fact is that I'm that kind of person hide at home just to not letting ppl see me.  Worried to a point that I couldn't sleep well.  To you, honestly I would say it's better to go to school or just go out everyday.  I know it's hard, but the time would go much faster, and without examining yourself or feel sad at home seeing no one.  With no time for you to think too much.

The point is, in the past few weeks, I really ignored my skin, I would examine it a bit, (less than a minute) but not worrying nor trying to think of what can I do. No squeezing or touching my face . 

Hope you're getting better.  

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@serena95)

Posted : 07/26/2016 7:41 pm

On 7/18/2016 at 8:06 PM, PositivePositivePositive said:

Just want to tell you that my acne is only left with hyperpigmentations now, and with a few I called what normal people would get clogged pores.

The most amazing part is , I have been having very poor living style. By which I mean , I didn't do sports, eats junk food and spicy food very often, sleep at 4 to 6 a.m. , sometimes I woke up at 8a.m. or 2p.m. etc. But my face just acts really normal lol.

Disclaimer: don't live like me : / It's so unhealthy and am actually getting a fever at the moment.

Although I'm always encouraging you, but the fact is that I'm that kind of person hide at home just to not letting ppl see me. Worried to a point that I couldn't sleep well. To you, honestly I would say it's better to go to school or just go out everyday. I know it's hard, but the time would go much faster, and without examining yourself or feel sad at home seeing no one. With no time for you to think too much.

The point is, in the past few weeks, I really ignored my skin, I would examine it a bit, (less than a minute) but not worrying nor trying to think of what can I do. No squeezing or touching my face .

Cheers.

Had better days, but it's okay. I've just been doing water only every few days or sometimes every day, depending on how I feel like it. I was doing really well and then things took a turn for the worse with so much stress and honestly my skin looks worse than it ever has. I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if my acne is fungal or if it's something else and it's so incredibly frustrating, I want to cry. I saw my sister and she literally said "what's going on? I've never seen you with acne on your face." Thats when I knew. I knew other people could definitely see my acne and that it was real. I've just been in denial that it's been getting worse and I'm just not sure what to do. It sucks. So much. No one around me has acne anymore and my face is just getting so ugly and it just sucks.

MemberMember
(@positivepositivepositive)

Posted : 07/31/2016 2:59 pm

On 27/07/2016 at 8:41 AM, Serena95 said:
On 19/07/2016 at 8:06 AM, PositivePositivePositive said:

The most amazing part is , I have been having very poor living style. By which I mean , I didn't do sports, eats junk food and spicy food very often, sleep at 4 to 6 a.m. , sometimes I woke up at 8a.m. or 2p.m. etc. But my face just acts really normal lol.

Disclaimer: don't live like me : / It's so unhealthy and am actually getting a fever at the moment.

Although I'm always encouraging you, but the fact is that I'm that kind of person hide at home just to not letting ppl see me. Worried to a point that I couldn't sleep well. To you, honestly I would say it's better to go to school or just go out everyday. I know it's hard, but the time would go much faster, and without examining yourself or feel sad at home seeing no one. With no time for you to think too much.

Cheers.

Had better days, but it's okay. I've just been doing water only every few days or sometimes every day, depending on how I feel like it. I was doing really well and then things took a turn for the worse with so much stress and honestly my skin looks worse than it ever has. I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if my acne is fungal or if it's something else and it's so incredibly frustrating, I want to cry. I saw my sister and she literally said "what's going on? I've never seen you with acne on your face." Thats when I knew. I knew other people could definitely see my acne and that it was real. I've just been in denial that it's been getting worse and I'm just not sure what to do. It sucks. So much. No one around me has acne anymore and my face is just getting so ugly and it just sucks.

Oh Serena... I'm sorry to hear that.

If this approach doesn't work for you, after all it has been two months already. You really should visit a dermatologist to seek for medical help. It is because that you've already proven your will, yet it shows undesirable results. There's no point being nostalgic or confine in one belief, oneself should always be open minded especially in the case of treating diseases.

As I often said, before I head into this water only thing, I've tried tons of products and methods, including visiting dermatologist. But it just doesn't work for me after awhile. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try any other things, in contrast, you should! It is because everyone has their own causes of acne, you just need to figure it out.

I've always been encouraging you to keep on because, even the drug needs quite an amount of time to work, not to mention it's your own body to do the thing. It might become slow. Also, this applies to only when you're in the right direction. That being said, high contemplationshould be avoided.

If you couldn't keep on going regimen anymore, it is totally understandable and reasonable to change your mind, go visit a dermatologist or something, whatever you like, listen to others advices.

Stay strong.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@benroberto)

Posted : 10/01/2016 9:01 am

How did it go Serena? I'm 3 days into the caveman regimen and things are looking upwards, being free'd of that dreaded 20-minute skincare regimen before I was going to sleep just haunted me emotionally and physically. Would love to here if you continued and how everything is going!

MemberMember
(@serena95)

Posted : 01/29/2017 7:13 pm

On 10/1/2016 at 9:01 AM, benroberto said:

How did it go Serena? I'm 3 days into the caveman regimen and things are looking upwards, being free'd of that dreaded 20-minute skincare regimen before I was going to sleep just haunted me emotionally and physically. Would love to here if you continued and how everything is going!

Hey there! Delayed sorry, havent been on this site in ages, but I stopped the "real" caveman regimen long ago. I think it's a great thing for a couple days or week to give your skin a nice healthy break. I just now use face masks a couple times a week and my skin has cleared up quite a bit. A huge thing I noticed that helped was to not look at my skin and not care about it (easier said than done I know) but once I accepted my skin and just let it be, it really started to clear up. Caveman can kind of be harmful if you make a daily log because you just REALLY observe your skin to the nitty gritty which is terrible for mental health in my opinion. I still don't wash my face, and only occasionally moisturize if my skin is feeling super dry. I use the occasional spot treatment but just mostly stick with a face mask a couple times a week and I'm doing pretty good. If you wanna more details, just let me know :) Hope it ended up working for you though! 

On 7/31/2016 at 2:59 PM, PositivePositivePositive said:
Oh Serena... I'm sorry to hear that.

If this approach doesn't work for you, after all it has been two months already.  You really should visit a dermatologist to seek for medical help.  It is because that you've already proven your will, yet it shows undesirable results. There's no point being nostalgic or confine in one belief, oneself should always be open minded especially in the case of treating diseases.

As I often said, before I head into this water only thing, I've tried tons of products and methods, including visiting dermatologist.  But it just doesn't work for me after awhile. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try any other things, in contrast, you should!  It is because everyone has their own causes of acne, you just need to figure it out.

I've always been encouraging you to keep on because, even the drug needs quite an amount of time to work, not to mention it's your own body to do the thing.  It might become slow.  Also, this applies to only when you're in the right direction.  That being said, high contemplation should be avoided.

If you couldn't keep on going regimen anymore, it is totally understandable and reasonable to change your mind, go visit a dermatologist or something, whatever you like, listen to others advices.

Stay strong.

Cheers.

Agreed! sorry again for the delayed responses, but hope everything is going great with your skin :) see the above post for an update on mine!