Notifications
Clear all

Life after accutane a log for me!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/22/2018 2:16 pm

not sure whats happening skin is pretty bad above upper lip/inner check area on both sides

only place i really seem to break out in this way

oddly the left and right side was clear for the firt 3 months / it did break out but was easily managed

now i have clusters of clogs hmm and they dont seem to heal like much skin normally would - i don't think my skin is dehydrated so i am at a loss really. i wish it would just fuck off

i am used to white heads these are actualy clog sunder the skin which is something strange - diet and routine are all pretty much the same - i really dont want to do another round of tane at this moment in time

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 04/27/2018 11:15 am

Back to epiduo and differin going to see which works the best alternating usage every other day.

I need maintenance therapy to remain clear by the looks of it so might as well start now and fucking get this over and done with!!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/27/2018 7:17 pm

Hey! It's been a while. Hang in there man - acne is a tough beast. I thought by now that i would be able to move on but i'm still here. Topicals seem to have worked on your skin in the past so just stick with it.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/08/2018 1:43 pm

10 days

Using differin - has done some good but i have broke out pretty bad as i have been away and eating,sleep have all been way off.

Starting to use epiduo now under moisturiser as before i used to buffer but in the past when it worked the best/used the longest thats how i did it.

Ah welll trying to stay positive hopefully in the next few days my skin will calm down a little.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/26/2018 1:37 pm

26 days

gave up on differin/epiduo on close to 4 weeks - i just don't think its worth it - differin helps somewhat and so does epiduo but its just way too harsh on my skin really. These treatments both will work but even before i could never shift the redness and i honestly dont want to be using harsh stuff on my skin any more.

made a big change and changed my moisturiser from cetaphil to avene lets see how that works out. It has less ingredients and is supposed to be a simple moisturiser.

I think my acne maybe fungal that is what seems to be making more and more sense.

picked skin and got nasty open sore it seems - sighs i do so much damage to my self

routine

am
cetaphil wash
avene

pm
cetaphil wash
avene
dermalogic overnight clearing gel

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 05/31/2018 12:46 pm

day 30

well looks like aveene is clogging my pores and making my skin super dry i.e not moisturising, right hand side has broken out in tiny little clogs and white heads which is not a good sign.

so going to go back to cetaphil i really shouldn't have changed but i wont be doing again.

put the overnight clearing gel lets see if it is going to help or make it worse due to dry skin and over exfoliating .

The journey continues and i just need to be patient and it will clear to a decent level that i will make sure of as i have had enough now.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/09/2018 1:27 pm

reseting the days and counting down instead so day 19.

Skin is not great right side is still quite clogged to the avene which really fucked me up. I need to use less acne medications and focus on keeping my skin clean and hydrated - i feel i don't really have acne but because i pick and pop and being fair makes it so obvious/

mum was like your skin is usually really clear its red - never a good sign - made me feel shit but i dont think my skin is ever really clear but hey we are own worst enemies.

using cetaphil lotion all over face including nose now don't think it will make much difference.

sides of nose near eyes are always clogged with white pores dont know why really. Maybe cetaphil cream is too thick and clogs the sides

again i will clear my skin to a respectable level but i am going to focus on spot treating rather than slathering on bp or diferrin etc.

am/pm
cetaphl wash
cetaphil lotion
spot treat dermoglica overnight or emergency or clindamycin

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/11/2018 2:30 pm

notes

try for 10 days

am
bp ct
cetaphil wash
cetaphil lotion

pm
cetaphil wash
bha - wait 30minutes
cetaphil lotion

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/10/2019 1:09 pm

funny like clockwork a year later my skin has gone to shit - just got back from hols and picked and tried extracting a few pimples on left side which was completely clear!

skin is a mess right hand side was clogged and used Epiduo cleared up most of it but it never really feels clear

chin has had a few pimples which are scarring massively I don't ever get stuff on my chin other than the odd white head

so all in all back on this site and same old shit really

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/10/2019 10:03 pm

You probably have ongoing acne because you have fungal acne, not ordinary acne. Accutane can possibly cause fungal acne. Moisturisers can cause fungal acne. Antibiotics and birth control pills and some other meds DEFINITELY CAUSE fungal acne.

Fungal acne can be treated by applying topical antifungal cream (which is totally safe) and NEVER using moisturisers or organic oils (as one type of fungus that causes fungal acne feeds on organic oils, and all fungus loves moisture)

Get back to me if you want more specific information about how to control fungal acne.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 06/27/2019 6:57 am

back to the shit again!

tried the following products and I feel they just kinda purged but also irritated my skin causing a mess on the right side.

- Pixi glow tonic

- TO glycolic 7%

Going to try something different now as my skin is a in a bad way.

It feels like the left and right side above my moustache always seem to get clear and then fuck up badly again seems like no where else breaks out the same kinda of way if I do nothing it is never really clear it looks okay but I can always tell it feels congested.

so new plan is to deal with this once and for all as I don't want to come back to this site anymore.

am/pm - cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser

pm - every other day - COSRX BHAs only in area that need

pm - every other day - Epiduo

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/27/2019 6:53 pm

Fadejay

Can I STRONGLY suggest that you do the following.

I beg you to follow the procedures below. Doing so will 99% likely fix your "acne" problem.

You can control the fungal acne by doing the following -

1. Do apply clotrimazole topical antifungal cream to the areas with acne.

1. Do NOT apply moisturisers to the areas with acne. Do NOT apply organic oils to the areas with acne. The fungus at causes fungal acne feeds on organic oils and all fungus loves moisture. Do NOT exfoliate the areas with acne. Exfoliating skin allows the fungus to invade.

3. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo, even if you do not have dandruff.

I can provide more information if you get back to me with answer to these questions -

1. Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. including steroids?

2. Do you have one or more of the following - dandruff, white tongue, toenail fungus, sinus problems, gut problems, unexplained tiredness or brain fog?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

MemberMember
(@regretfraxel)

Posted : 08/17/2019 2:19 am

You should use spa products like Sente or Avene. I would stay away from the drug store products. Just dish out the big bucks and get a face wash, toner and moisturizer from crem de la mar, itll be a $1000 well spent.

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 06/07/2022 11:00 pm

Thank you for this!