Notifications
Clear all

My path to clear skin

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/01/2016 12:24 pm

Hey...it could absolutely be your razor causing razor bumps or folliculitis! My friend used the same face scrubber for like two years.
I suggest getting g decent disposable razors after 2-3 uses. And get ones with the strips and 2 or 3 razor blades.
Id stop shaving for at least s week if you can. Try aloe or maybe apply warm washrags a few times per day. I also think you should see a doctor in case you have a secondary infection or a fungal infection.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 06/01/2016 8:47 pm

Thanks snarky! I really appreciate your support.

i'm almost praying that it's the shaver and that it will start to get better. Unfortunately for work i have to shave every day! :( which definately doesn't help. However, my days off are wednesday and thursday, so I haven't shaved yesterday or today. I can see a lot of little bumps and irritation under my stubble which is disheartening, and there's just so much redness.

however I now have a new clean head and blades on my razor so it's pretty much like new. I'm hoping that after a week or two of shaving with it it will really help my skin!

i can't shave traditionally with a blade at all, it always always gives me irritation and shaving bumps. When I first started using this electric it was amazing! So i'm hoping I can go back to that and that I haven't already done enough damage.

I don't know what else could have caused all of this in all honesty. Either way it's like a lot of my skin is just bumpy and red, it almost looks like I have a huge red scratch mark down my right cheek ... I just dont think it will go. It's part of my face forever now :( /vent

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 06/01/2016 10:37 pm

Today is day number 10 of low dose accutane, which means I have taken three 20mg pills in total.

I can;t stop crying... my skin is just such a mess. I dared to take a look at the back of my neck and my back with a mirror today and god.. it's so so awful. Everywhere is covered, absolutely covered, in this red, inflamed closed comedones. I just feel so defeated and lost. i can't carry on feeling this sad... it'll killme. I already feel so sick and exhausted every day.

It's getting hot here in japan and I'm stuck wearing only black shirts, because any colour or white makes my facial redness stand out, and I can't wear any vests because the acne all over my body is so apparant.

I don't know how my boyfriend can possibly love me... How can he look at me and not just feel sick? I don't understand it... I look at myself and just see this monster. I don't want to live anymore, I realy don't, but I have no choice.

Why can't I just be someone else?

Sometimes I go to sleep and just pray I don't wake up, pray I don't have to see this. Other times I dream about a new miraculous surgery where they rip off all your skin and just replace it with this porcelein skin.

I get anxiety getting out of bed, knowing I have to look at myself in the mirror. Knowing that I have to try and muster the energy to just leave the house.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/02/2016 1:26 pm

14 hours ago, Lore91 said:

Today is day number 10 of low dose accutane, which means I have taken three 20mg pills in total.

I can;t stop crying... my skin is just such a mess. I dared to take a look at the back of my neck and my back with a mirror today and god.. it's so so awful. Everywhere is covered, absolutely covered, in this red, inflamed closed comedones. I just feel so defeated and lost. i can't carry on feeling this sad... it'll killme. I already feel so sick and exhausted every day.

It's getting hot here in japan and I'm stuck wearing only black shirts, because any colour or white makes my facial redness stand out, and I can't wear any vests because the acne all over my body is so apparant.

I don't know how my boyfriend can possibly love me... How can he look at me and not just feel sick? I don't understand it... I look at myself and just see this monster. I don't want to live anymore, I realy don't, but I have no choice.

Why can't I just be someone else?

Sometimes I go to sleep and just pray I don't wake up, pray I don't have to see this. Other times I dream about a new miraculous surgery where they rip off all your skin and just replace it with this porcelein skin.

I get anxiety getting out of bed, knowing I have to look at myself in the mirror. Knowing that I have to try and muster the energy to just leave the house.

hey I know how it is to be suicidal. Please keep your doctor informed. I'll bet within a few weeks you will see definite improvement.
When someone loves you they see your beauty and not your imperfections. My boyfriend doesn't care about my acne either. I used to think he was lying but I believe him .

well if nothing else I hope you can find a diversion to keep your mind off acne. Turn off the lights, watch some movies or shows, maybe take a cool bath. I really hope you feel better. Maybe you should ask for some Meds for depression or anxiety? Let us know how you're doing.

Lore91 liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 06/04/2016 5:03 am

Thanks so much, Snarky, for your support. It truly is appreciated.

Today I was on skype with my mum and just broke down... I feel so awful. I put her through so much, but she's the only person I can talk too. I love her endlessly and I honestly think that without her in my life I would have killed myself a long time ago.

I've decided that I'm going to go home. I can't live with this. My acne is so inhibiting that I honestly feel that if I stay here I will end up suicidal. I love this country. Japan is a place I've wanted to live in for the entirety of my life - I've always been obsessed with their culture... but I just can't live like this. What I'm living isn't a life. I'm too embarrassed by how hideous I look to leave the apartment, let alone explore this country.

The tops of my thighs have come up in these massive, massive red spots. My left thigh has two, but my right one is COVERED. It's like these five red spots on my thigh, and it's entirely surrounded by red, inflamed closed comedones.

My back is...well... fully acne-fied. It's covered entirely. Every pore is clogged and bumpy and red. It spreads across my shoulders and up to the back of my neck and across the top of my arms.

My face is continously getting worse.

I literally have acne everywhere. EVERYwhere. I go to bed every night praying that I don't wake up. I wake up filled with anxiety to get out of bed and look in the mirror. This isn't a life.

The hard thing is... when I come home, I'm still going to have all of this horrendous acne. I've done accutane. I've done everything I can physically do. This IS my life now.

I feel like I'm just better off dead.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/04/2016 6:54 pm

13 hours ago, Lore91 said:

Thanks so much, Snarky, for your support. It truly is appreciated.

Today I was on skype with my mum and just broke down... I feel so awful. I put her through so much, but she's the only person I can talk too. I love her endlessly and I honestly think that without her in my life I would have killed myself a long time ago.

I've decided that I'm going to go home. I can't live with this. My acne is so inhibiting that I honestly feel that if I stay here I will end up suicidal. I love this country. Japan is a place I've wanted to live in for the entirety of my life - I've always been obsessed with their culture... but I just can't live like this. What I'm living isn't a life. I'm too embarrassed by how hideous I look to leave the apartment, let alone explore this country.

The tops of my thighs have come up in these massive, massive red spots. My left thigh has two, but my right one is COVERED. It's like these five red spots on my thigh, and it's entirely surrounded by red, inflamed closed comedones.

My back is...well... fully acne-fied. It's covered entirely. Every pore is clogged and bumpy and red. It spreads across my shoulders and up to the back of my neck and across the top of my arms.

My face is continously getting worse.

I literally have acne everywhere. EVERYwhere. I go to bed every night praying that I don't wake up. I wake up filled with anxiety to get out of bed and look in the mirror. This isn't a life.

The hard thing is... when I come home, I'm still going to have all of this horrendous acne. I've done accutane. I've done everything I can physically do. This IS my life now.

I feel like I'm just better off dead.

Hey,
Iwasn't sure its acne if its on your thighs but I think one can get acne anywhere. Have you looked into turmeric or maybe fish oils? For you it sounds like a big case of inflammation. At this point I'd suggest trying to overhaul your diet. I'm not telling you what to do just making suggetions.

I understand not being able to face your job...I went to school for make up and hair but I felt like, why would anybody want ME to do their make up when I look like crap. My acne isn't severe but to me it keeps me from doing a lot. And I developed rashes and asthma to the chemicals. Right now I'm not even employed either. My no! Is a great help too, if it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't be here either.

Keep looking for the bright side and don't give up. One way or another you will find a solution. Its hard to remember that when you feel like complete shit but you're much more than your affliction. Look at it this way...would you judge a person for being diabetic or unable to walk or deaf or autistic? Acne is a physical disease not a reflection of you as a person.
Try to keep something on the horizon that you look forward to! Its important. You can always post on hete every person knows to some degree what you're feeling. I hope you feel better soon!