Notifications
Clear all

Chronic Folliculitis - Water only again...(with pics)

MemberMember
(@donpizdol)

Posted : 03/17/2016 3:44 am

i'm sorry but judging by your photo you are definitely still not cured and your skin is still inflamed. I doubt this approach will be effective.

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/17/2016 10:08 pm

18 hours ago, donpizdol said:

i'm sorry but judging by your photo you are definitely still not cured and your skin is still inflamed. I doubt this approach will be effective.

Wow are you kidding me? Are you looking at my face in person?

You don't have to take my advice, but please don't tell me that my face is inflamed when you have no clue who I am or what my skin looks like right now. Thanks for the constructive post.

And here's an updated pictures. I'll take this inflamed skin any day.

20160317_201001.jpg

MemberMember
(@dk120)

Posted : 03/21/2016 10:49 am

wow, your skin has drastically improved since your first post, are you still using the E45 shampoo on your face?

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/22/2016 9:32 pm

Yep still using it as my nightly face wash. I continue to deal with seb derm around my mouth, but it is only visible if you look extremely extremely close. My "acne" is definitely fungal related.

DK120 liked
MemberMember
(@grumnt)

Posted : 03/28/2016 5:11 pm

Hello!
I'm only here to say thanks to you, because since like 1 month ago I start to breakup in this time of pimples, at the beginning, I say to me: "Oh crap, I break out again into acne :'(" because I had like 1 year or so clean and I just had oily skin and 1 or 2 of these tipe of pimples in my chin on a week so I was super happy, and well, after last month receive a very bad notice about mi exgirlfriend and I totally break out into these little guys (my theory is: that bacteria was there showing time to time 1 little pimple, but when I got super stresses about that girl all my defenses couldn't fight against that bad guy so I break out and with my careless routine of remove them and don't clean well the area the joust spread out :( ), at the beginning I didnt take care of them or when I remove it I wasnt clean, and they joust break out in al my chin area and lately they want to spread to my cheeks, and it was very confusing, I try all that month PB but nothing happened to be honest, I just got my skin dried, so yesterday I quit everything (I spend like 300$ in my old regimen -.-) and well from yesterday to today those pimples reduced a lot! and my skin is not screaming about the irritation, then I found your post and find that your case was exactly the same as me, even we have the same skin texture :P and I have to say, that I notice that all that white pimples were around my beard area, and some of them were on a hair! so I started to do a lot of research and I link your case with mine and say "OMG" I don't have acne at all I just have a form of "bacteria folliculitis" I read all the symptoms of these tipe of folliculitis and well all was there, now I joust buy an mupirocin cream (bactobran) which is used for this cases, I will use it and I will return to tell what happen to those pimples what are making me a very bad month.

Sorry bad english I'm not native for the language :P

PS. btw It get worse when I got shaved with a razor -.- I will switch to my trimmer :P

MemberMember
(@ferny-callejas)

Posted : 06/30/2016 10:16 pm

HeyCanucklehead12 just checking in to see if your folliculitis and SD is in remission. I see you've triedcompounding lotions with MCT oil. Tom Bubsy from therosacea forums has saved so many of our asseshahaha. Anyway, I've been thinking of including Lotrimin Ultra into my routine to clear myself up completely (currently at 90%). I was hoping you could tell me how your skin is doing since your last post here a couple months ago, and what your routine looks like now. Are you still using E45 as a cleanser? What moisturizer do you use? Etc.Thanks!

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 07/15/2016 12:12 am

Hey Ferny,

I actually use Node P as a face wash now, as it has climbazole and piroctone olamine. It's still very gentle but has a bit more anti-fungal ingredients. I've also included a bit of BP into my routine (2.5% acne.org) to help with the folliculitis. I use it only twice a week around my mouth and I haven't had any pustules for months! The seb derm on my face is completely gone and it took roughly 9 months of climbazole use to achieve this.

Regimen:
Morning - wash with water only, no moisturizer
Night - Wash with NodeP, apply benzoyl peroxide Sunday and Wed only, apply Cerave PM nightly

I would definitely try Lotrimin Ultra if you can get your hands on some easily. I used it at the start of my antifungal treatments and it worked to reduce flaking from seb derm.

I have compounded a few batches of MCT climbazole moisturizers, but it was just too time consuming for me. I eventually switched back to Cerave PM.

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@locosurfer)

Posted : 03/12/2018 1:36 pm

Hey @Canucklehead12,

Im glad you found something that works for you. Did the E45/climbazole as a cleanser eliminate the folliculitus for you permanantely? Are you still free of pustules?

Im going through something similar right now, and have been using hibiclens to wash my face. It has improved the severity somewhat (smaller pustules) but they still keep cropping up almost every day. I was contemplating switching to e45 for my cleanser. What do you think?

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/13/2018 8:54 pm

On 3/12/2018 at 11:36 AM, Locosurfer said:

Im glad you found something that works for you. Did the E45/climbazole as a cleanser eliminate the folliculitus for you permanantely? Are you still free of pustules?

Hey @Locosurfer

The E45 didn't eliminate the pustules permanently, but it did help immensely for the seb derm on my face. The pustules overall have diminished, along with my seb derm, as my skin continues to heal.

I would try E45 or Node P if you think the pustules are fungal related. E45 is very gentle and it won't be too harsh on your skin if you use it once a night. I'd say give it a shot for up to 3 weeks to see how your skin reacts.

I don't use any climbazole washes anymore since my facial seb derm has almost completely gone away. I get maybe 3-4 pustules a week, but it's very manageable now.

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@vmcor)

Posted : 09/25/2023 11:06 pm

@canucklehead12 Hi,

I am brand new to this website. Had no idea it existed. I have been dealing with folliculitis on my face and scalp for 11 years now, so many derms, so much trial and error. Still no clue if fungal or bacterial. I am hoping you are still active on this site and can provide an update

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 09/26/2023 10:04 am

Hello,

I haven't been active for a very very long time because I've resolved all of my issues. I maybe get 1 pustule / whitehead once a month, usually after shaving.The biggest thing I found was staying consistent with a gentle regimen and changes to my diet.

For my diet I found that intermittent fasting really really helped with my face. I fast in the morning until around 11am and then I'll have my first bite of food. I usually stop eating around 6pm to let my body digest all the food before bed. Friday and Saturday I'll sometimes cheat and eat whenever, but other than that I'm sticking to intermittent fasting. Typically I'm eating healthy, not much fried foods or sugar.

My face regimen is pretty simple:

• wash face in the morning with water, followed by moisturizer (Cerave)
  • wash face at night with facewash, followed by moisturizer (both Cerave).....that's it!

I was using BP at night at the very start just to keep my face in check, but eventually weened off of BP all together. It took a very very long time (1-2 years) for my face to really heal with these changes, but now I'd say I'm completely free of my issues.

On the rare occasion I do get a white pustule I'll use a purple sharpie to color it in and nobody can really tell as it looks like a normal pimple. After years of dealing with these issues my self-esteem had definitely taken a hit, but has slowly recovered and now I'm at a healthy level. Exercising helps with all that too!

Hope some of this helps and good luck!