Notifications
Clear all

Foods That Mess Me Up

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 06/24/2015 7:05 pm

Grapes --- Cause ugly pimples along line of cheek that goes into front center

Cow Milk --- hideous front of cheek acne often near nose or on line of nose

Almond Milk (with cereal) --- With cereal, causes ugly acne and zits on outer forehead area

Eggo Buttermilk Waffles --- Painful cystic acne on upper lip and mustache area

Quinoa --- Suspected of forehead inflammation

Cookies with Milk --- Caused huge ugly cyst on cheek that lasted a long time.

Butter --- Causes awful, ugly acne in a few places. Most recent was between forehead and temple just outside of hairline, so ugly to look at!

Cornbread --- Odd inflamed forehead areas that look like bug bites

Corn Tortillas (Hard) --- Suspected ugly right side of mid-chin acne

Greasy - over seasoned fries (wit ketchup n cheese) --- inflammed mosquito bite lookin cheek pimple

Papa John's Brownie Tray --- pimples on temples, cystic acne on side cheek bone area, chin and chin line acne, small pimples near corner pf left eye confirmed (after 4 peices- less than half a tray): 3 Big pimples along chin line, zits and pimples on front cheeks and side cheeks (could get bigger)All acne stayed the next day: Yes even the big chin line ones. And of course the zits and pimples from front to side of cheeks. And fustratedforehead pimples.

Northern Beans --- Inflammed pimples on lower left cheek

Green Apples --- Big Cheek acne, Can turn to cysts popping

Solid - unmelted Cheese --- bubbling forehead acne

melted, melty, gooey cheese --- the more melted, the less the affect. Usually nothing noticable

Too much wheat --- Constipation, and potential cysts usually first in the temple area, but has spread to forehead and near-chin areas

Pimple Watch

Canned Peaches and Pears Probably causes temple acne

Jam Toast --- Possibly very small aggravated pimples lower center forehead area

Chocolate Chip Teddy Grahams Possible lower front cheek areas and one on forehead near temple

ALSO Check foods that trigger Candida!!!!!

Candida Killers

Ginger

Apple Cider Vinegar

Oil of Oregano

Foods that are good to me

Meals

Pinto, Black, Kidney beans

Carrots

Oats (as sauce only)

Sweet Potatoes

Green Lentils

Garbanzo Beans?

Chili Beans?

Onion (small amounts) ?

Snacks

Dates

Blueberries

Oats (small amounts)

Peanut Butter + Sugar free jam + Sara Lee honey wheat bread (a favorite)

Jam Toast

Peanut Butter n Green Lentils

(blackberry my fav jam)

Lettuce?

Pears?

Spices: Careful as they cause inflammation.

Gotta Watch:

Onions should be cooked thoroughly. The more cooked onions are, the less stress they cause on digestive system.

Foods I can get away with (without breaking out)

- If I eat enough of these foods, I will eventually breakout. And these aren't good for my digestion, anyway, so they just shouldn't be eaten if I want to heal and

Din Dinn

Enchilladas (bean version)

Snacks

Poptarts

Vegan

Despite eating peanut butter and jam sandwiches, since ditching the butter and cheese bean tacos, my fungus has been dying off. (first day results, after sleeping shirt off)

I feel so much better. There is often a short period of withdrawel, but after that I'm on top of the world! No more digestive issues. No more sick feelings in my stomach. No heart burn, no bloating, not immense pains in my gut, nothing. My poop always comes out nice everyday, whereas before I wouldn't be able to poop but once every 3 days, and even then, it was super hard to get it out. I could get very little out, and it would often get stuck halfway out and half of it would have to fall off while the other have is still stuck in there for the rest of the day.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 06/29/2015 2:45 pm

Canned Pears and Peaches

Today I ate a plastic cup of organic peaches and pears, then I noticed a medium sized disgusting looking pimple on my left temple. I remember I was eating canned peaches and pears around the time I got a pimple oen my temple, and suspected the poptarts.

Also, earlier this year, I was eating cabbage, and got cysts on my temple. I still think it was the cabbage. But it's possible it was the bag of pears I was eating, though not probable cuz I ate those for a long time and should have noticed.

I eat canned beans everyday with no problems, so I think its either an ingredient of canned peaches and pears, or something bad happens with the glycemic index of em while contained like that.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/05/2015 12:03 am

https://www.navs-online.org/nutrition/healthissues/foodsensitive.php For Leaky Gut people

food area

Ezekial Bread PB & J

Potato Salad

Scalloped potatoes w/ black beans

red penne pasta w/ black beans

Peanut Butter with only sea salt

Sugar Free Jelly

special buns stuff from trader joes or that other place in Harbor Lakes

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/07/2015 9:34 am

Hey buddy, good luck with your diet adjustments. If I may, I would recommend ditching canned foods altogether. I know it's convenient to eat canned foods, but they contain more preservatives, and many people react to the preservatives in canned foods rather than the foods themselves. Even if some canned foods are ok, I would encourage you to try and ditch the cans altogether.

Also, if you don't want to get too paranoid about what you eat, I would recommend a few supplements to prevent big flare ups for when you do eat something that bothers you. I personally have been taking SOD enzymes to minimize my histamine reactions to foods, and I can relax a bit with my diet. Digestive enzymes can also work, especially if you suspect lactose intolerance or gluten sensitivity.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/08/2015 7:27 pm

Hey buddy, good luck with your diet adjustments. If I may, I would recommend ditching canned foods altogether. I know it's convenient to eat canned foods, but they contain more preservatives, and many people react to the preservatives in canned foods rather than the foods themselves. Even if some canned foods are ok, I would encourage you to try and ditch the cans altogether.

Also, if you don't want to get too paranoid about what you eat, I would recommend a few supplements to prevent big flare ups for when you do eat something that bothers you. I personally have been taking SOD enzymes to minimize my histamine reactions to foods, and I can relax a bit with my diet. Digestive enzymes can also work, especially if you suspect lactose intolerance or gluten sensitivity.

Thanks for the advice. I thought about ditching cans. Are organic canned items any better? I'll probably get frozen fruits and veggies from now on to replace the cans. And I'm not too big on supplements. I've considered b12 since my base diet is vegan.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/11/2015 11:52 pm

I find if I cheat on bad refined artificial sugary foods, that I may go through a full day of withdrawal where I have much less energy and very strong cravings. This day has occurred after up to a day of abstinence. So basically it's often day 2 that it happens on. After this day of withdrawal, it's often much easier to avoid these awful foods.

Also, a week of good foods does a lot of healing of the leaky gut.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/13/2015 7:43 am

Thanks for the advice. I thought about ditching cans. Are organic canned items any better? I'll probably get frozen fruits and veggies from now on to replace the cans. And I'm not too big on supplements. I've considered b12 since my base diet is vegan.

Canned items are canned items, no matter what's in them...the BHP and other things that cans contain (& give off) is worrysome. There are of course cans that are more consumer-friendly, and it's usually stated on a label so that you can at least pick "healthier" cans.

Frozen foods also have preservatives to stay frozen. Why not just eat fresh fruits and veggies? I know it's less convenient, but if you can replace some of the frozen & canned foods in your diet, that might make a huge difference. I must say, though, that when I didn't have much time to cook, I used to thrive on microwaveable sweet potatoes...I actually looked healthier and I think they helped my leaky gut/ histamine issues a lot.

I'm not that big on supplements either, but if you find the right ones from trustworthy brands then they can make you (& us in general) less paranoid about what you eat & less fearful of having a few cheat items in your diet.

For B12, though, it's difficult to find the right form and right %...I still haven't found a B12 supplement or a multivitamin with B12 that I'm satisfied with.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/15/2015 2:04 am

Canned items are canned items, no matter what's in them...the BHP and other things that cans contain (& give off) is worrysome. There are of course cans that are more consumer-friendly, and it's usually stated on a label so that you can at least pick "healthier" cans.

Frozen foods also have preservatives to stay frozen. Why not just eat fresh fruits and veggies? I know it's less convenient, but if you can replace some of the frozen & canned foods in your diet, that might make a huge difference. I must say, though, that when I didn't have much time to cook, I used to thrive on microwaveable sweet potatoes...I actually looked healthier and I think they helped my leaky gut/ histamine issues a lot.

I'm not that big on supplements either, but if you find the right ones from trustworthy brands then they can make you (& us in general) less paranoid about what you eat & less fearful of having a few cheat items in your diet.

For B12, though, it's difficult to find the right form and right %...I still haven't found a B12 supplement or a multivitamin with B12 that I'm satisfied with.

You're vegan too?!?!

Yeah, I've heard that about cans. Didn't know that about frozen, though. I'll eat as many raw plants as possible. I have a phobia of most plants. I freakout when I'm touched by deformed foods or creepy plants. Especially mushrooms. I was shaking when I grated cauliflower. Yeah I noticed sweat potatoes Helped me a lot, too. They are a superfood.

I heard of this B12 supplement from a trusted, good quality source. When I find it, I'll tell yu what it is if you want to try it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/17/2015 6:45 am

No, I'm not vegan but I used to be vegetarian for about 15 years.

MemberMember
(@mikkurs)

Posted : 07/17/2015 7:04 am

Sorry to butt in, but what brand do you get your SOD enzymes from?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/17/2015 7:17 am

Sorry to butt in, but what brand do you get your SOD enzymes from?

I take Good N' Natural's SOD. Very satisfied so far!

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/22/2015 12:33 am

No, I'm not vegan but I used to be vegetarian for about 15 years.

What's the best B12 supplement in your experience?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ate dipped cookies in milk almost 2 weeks ago, the wound of the cyst is still here today! It's pissing me off. It causes so much anxiety, but I found today when someone sat right on the side that my wound was on, I sort of accepted the fact that it's here and not hidden, and calmed down and got comfortable and I wasn't even anxious anymore!

Great day for me!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/22/2015 4:23 pm

I have yet to find a B12 supplement that doesn't break me out. Solgar has a decent one that also has vitamin C and other stuff (I think also vitamin E), but I think the % of B12 was still too much for me. I read on the low histamine chef's website that duck eggs are an excellent source of B12, but they can be hard to find. I would rather get my B12 from food than supplements.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/11/2015 6:29 pm

Cornbread! Cornbread breaks me out, usually with an odd, large inflamed pimple on my forehead that looks like a bug bite. So weird. It's redish and wavy and inflammed looking.

I have yet to find a B12 supplement that doesn't break me out. Solgar has a decent one that also has vitamin C and other stuff (I think also vitamin E), but I think the % of B12 was still too much for me. I read on the low histamine chef's website that duck eggs are an excellent source of B12, but they can be hard to find. I would rather get my B12 from food than supplements.

Yeauh Yeauh, I prefer all of my nutrients to come from food. I'll consider that source from florida once I finally find it.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/26/2015 9:15 pm

uuuh just ate some homemade greazy-overseasoned fries that caused some cheek acne like someone I know! I also had it wit some ketchup n cheese