Notifications
Clear all

My Log~ Tazorac, Clindamycin Phosphate, And Minocycline

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/14/2015 8:17 pm

I decided to start this log so I can come back to it when I feel like giving up on this new journey!

Per my derm's instructions, I was with dove sensitive soap in the morning, followed by a swipe with a clindamycin phosphate pad.

Before bed I wash again with the dove, followed by thin layer of tazorac.

Today is day #5.

I started to notice some peeling yesterday. It's VERY frustrating that I can't put makeup on because all it does is make the peeling more obvious. My acne seems to be getting smoother yet I'm noticing more red spots, at least they're not raised though.

I'm noticing that all of my skin is very dry. Maybe from the minocycline? My lips are also very chapped.

I am using the tazorac every other night. Also, I'm using a olay moisturizer.

Here are my pictures from the night before I started these meds.

post-450167-0-78436600-1423963048.jpg

post-450167-0-36091800-1423963052.jpg

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/15/2015 8:06 pm

So today is day #6. I've noticed that I have a few pus filled bumps on my face which is new for me. Typically my acne was not like that. I'm having a HARD time resisting the urge to mess with said bumps.

The peeling is pretty bad today, especially around my acne. My lips are the WORST! I've kept them covered in chap stick all day. I am SO not ready to go back to work in the morning with all of this peeling.

After washing my face tonight and applying the tazorac, I am feeling alright. I put a ton a vaseline on my lips to help the dryness.

Here are my pictures on night #6.

post-450167-0-50311900-1424054966.jpg

post-450167-0-69677200-1424054969.jpg

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/16/2015 9:44 pm

Today went pretty well. I woke up with no new acne, yay! My face has been peeling, especially my nose! My lips are feeling much better today.

Tonight is the night that I skip tazorac. I'm nervous that I will wake up with a major purge but I know I need to continue every other night for at least another week.

This journey is aggravating but I'm determined to stick with the program.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/17/2015 9:45 pm

Today is my official start into week #2 of this journey.

I woke up this morning and my skin looked better than it has since I started this. My acne is still there but it appears to be getting smoother. No peeling today either! Yay! I'm cautiously optimistic because, as we all know, I could wake up in the morning with a ton of new acne.

Last night was my off night for the tazorac so I applied it tonight, I am feeling a bit of irritation on my left cheek. My lips are back to normal! yay! I've been applying vaseline to them at night to help with the dryness.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/18/2015 8:40 pm

Today has NOT been a good day for me. I've been stressed to the max and my skin is most of my problem. I know if I don't find a way to manage my stress, I wil; never have better skin.

I woke up with a few new acne spots. I'm feeling very discouraged. I have cried a lot today because I'm sick of my skin, just sick of it.

My lips are feeling a little chapped today but nothing major. My left cheek acne has spread into my left temple. My right cheek still looks a little better but it is SO rough and bumpy. My hands are incredibly dry. I don't know if that is from the antibiotic or what is going on with them.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/19/2015 8:30 pm

Today was MUCH better than yesterday. I woke up to somewhat clearer skin, although after washing my face just now, I've decided it looks worse than I thought.

I guess the biggest difference in today and yesterday was that I didn't spend my whole day consumed with thoughts of how my skin looked. I braved through the day, not worried about what other people thought of me.

I noticed just now, that I had a small pus filled bump under my eye. Of course, I messed with it. Now it feels swollen and gross.

I will apply my tazorac tonight with hopes that I don't see much purging in the morning.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/21/2015 5:01 pm

My skin has been alright these past two days. Thankfully, I've had no new breakouts! Yay!

My skin has gone from dry and peeling to very oily. I hope the oil doesn't cause more breakouts.

Yesterday, I started using my tazorac every night. Hopefully my skin is used to it.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/22/2015 7:40 pm

Woke up this morning to no new acne! Yay! My skin is still rough and bumpy but I am noticing that it is getting smoother, especially around my jaw line on the right side. I haven't had smooth skin there in forever!

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/23/2015 7:14 pm

Woke up with no new acne again! Yay! However, as the day progressed, I noticed that I was getting an inflamed bump on my forehead. Of course, I picked at it! Ugh.

I am noticing that my upper lip is really red. Maybe I shouldn't apply the tazorac on it? I don't know. I'm also noticing a little peeling. I guess my skin is adapting to using the tazorac every night.

So far, I'm pleased with the progress that my skin is making. I just wish it was faster!

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/24/2015 9:13 pm

Woke up with a few new spots on my left cheek, right beside my nose. Ugh. After washing my face tonight, I am feeling like my skin looks much worse than it has in the past few days. Today is officially day #1 of week three. I've heard that the third week is the worst. I'm ready for what may come!

My acne is still red but is feeling smoother in spots. Yay! I can't wait to have smooth skin.

I've attached pictures from tonight. I will try to remember to post pictures every tuesday.

post-450167-0-69652400-1424830385.jpg

post-450167-0-93255900-1424830388.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/25/2015 6:00 pm

Good Luck on your journey. The thing with retinoids is that you can't judge your face on a day by day basis as from one hour to the next, things can change for the better or often times, the worse. Prepare in your head a 3-4 month purging period so that you don't get emotioally wound up when you start to break out more. I am in week 9 of differin and in the middle of a purge so you are not alone. The dryness and flakiness has eased up a bit so it does get better.

Keep on posting.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/25/2015 7:38 pm

Thanks for your reply! :) I try to post daily so on the bad days I can look back on here and remember the good days! That way I don't give up!

I woke up today with a few new spots, especially on my left cheek. Oh well. They will go away. I have noticed a few inflamed spots which is not my normal. I assume I'm purging again.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/28/2015 5:02 pm

My skin is kind of iffy today. It's not horrible looking but it feels bad, really itchy. Probably because I've been too lazy to apply moisturizer today.

I have noticed that when I get inflamed spots that they heal A LOT faster than before I started this treatment.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/01/2015 10:10 pm

Today was a good skin day. I did make the mistake of putting my makeup on in the car. I HATE the way my skin looks in the sunlight, you can really see all of the acne. I did notice that makeup was easier to put on though.

My red marks are still everywhere but overall my skin is getting smoother. I am feeling a spot with inflammation starting on my forehead again. Hopefully it will go away soon.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/02/2015 9:45 pm

Today was an alright skin day. I am noticing that my spots are drying up. My face feels much dryer than it has been feeling. I guess I'm still getting used to the tazorac, I've read that it's a twelve week process. The inflamed spot on my forhead from yesterday is flat today but very dry.

I did notice that when I used my acne pad this morning, my face felt like it was on fire. I guess it's from the alcohol in the pad. Lotion seems to calm the burn though.

I go back to the dermatologist next week. I can't wait to see what she thinks of my progress.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/03/2015 9:21 pm

I just finished my nightly face washing. I'm feeling very down and out tonight. Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and beautiful where I live. This means that I will have to go outside on the playground with my coworkers. They all have fantastic skin and then there's me. I hate the way my skin looks in the sunlight. All of the makeup in the world can't cover up the bumpiness you see in the sunlight.

I ordered bare minerals last week and it came today. I've read reviews that it broke people out but I've used it in the past and never had any trouble. I hope it will cover better than my typical makeup.

My skin is very red and dry tonight. The spots are drying up but at the same time new spots are forming. It could be much worse. I know. Here's to hoping that tomorrow is better day.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/05/2015 9:45 pm

Today has been a good skin day. I watched lots of youtube videos on how to do the bare minerals, it covered pretty well today. I knew I like it when I got to work and my coworker said, "wow, that cream has really cleared your skin up." Yay!!! Of course, it's not clear, it was just the makeup but I'll take it.

I've just washed my face. It's not feeling as tight and dry as it has these past few nights. The spots are still drying up. The large bumpy patch on my right cheek is 75% smooth now, I'm so glad.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/07/2015 9:30 pm

Just washed my makeup off for the day. I'm thinking of the better days when I only needed a few dots a concealer and not a whole face of makeup. I miss that!

My skin is improving. I spent a lot of time in the sun today, I feel a little burnt but hopefully I'm not. My acne is still drying, still a new spot forming here and there. I go to the dermatologist very soon! I can't wait to see if she can see the improvement.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/10/2015 6:33 pm

Went to the dermatologist today. Can I just say how ridiculous it is that I had to pay sooo much money for that lady just to look at my face and say, " It looks better, keep doing what you're doing." Ugh!!!

My face is clearing up though. Yay!

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/11/2015 7:22 pm

My skin is looking better by the hour it seems. I do have a new spot between my eyes but it feels like it's healing as fast as it popped up there. I used the tazorac gel last night. It made my face itch for a while.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/12/2015 6:56 pm

Today was not a good day. My skin is broke out more, I know it's an up and down process. I was at work and lady just stopped and said, "What is that on your face?!?!" I shot her a look and she said, "Is it acne?" Well yeah it is. She claims that she thought I had poison oak. I was soooo embarrassed.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/17/2015 9:36 pm

My skin is still about the same. It seems like there is a new spot every morning but they're small and usually gone by night time. I am noticing that I have a lot of pigmentation on my cheeks. I hope this will go away over time.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/24/2015 8:34 pm

Today is the first day of week 6. My skin is SLOWLY healing. I have spots on every part of my face but they are not bad, mostly just red and flat. I have had a red spot on my nose since Sunday. It's sore but thankfully it's also flat. I have noticed that any blackheads I had are coming out on their own. My chin has never been so smooth and blackhead free! Yeah! My skin is red and burning tonight. I was in the sun a lot today so I guess that is why.

I am pleased with my progress so far. Makeup covers a lot better than it used to. I am also in love with my bare minerals, I'm amazed at how well it covers my redness.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/25/2015 8:15 pm

Today was a mixed skin day. My left cheek is almost completely clear. My chin is very broke out though and right cheek looks worse. I guess this is another purge. I will not get discouraged.

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 03/26/2015 7:55 pm

So left cheek is almost 100% clear today, all I have is a small patch of acne on the apple of that cheek. Right cheek is about the same. My chin is clearing a little from yesterday. Forehead looks a little worse and my temples are broke out. I used a different makeup primer today so I don't know if that is why my forehead is worse of if I'm still purging.