Notifications
Clear all

Strange Temporary Indenting With Retin-A

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 12/15/2012 11:42 am

Hello!

I've been using Retin-a cream 0.05% for about 7 weeks now (considering switching to the gel) and had some breakouts along the way.

One thing I noticed while using it (probably cause I was paying more attention to my skin then usual) was that after I got an inflamed pimple after it started to heal I would be left with a red mark, and a slight indent. Now this indenting seemed to be a whole new thing I noticed, I was never one to usually get scars.. but at around week 4 when I noticed it, I tried not to think anything of it. Now around week 7 I got one right on my right cheek pretty well in the center of my face... so I began to really get concerned about it. Naturally I began analyzing my face under all sorts of lighting to really see what was going on.. and to my suprise, I noticed that the indents from eariler weeks were gone.

Now my question to all of you would be, could there be a possibility that's just how my acne heals, and I never noticed it before? Like it would indent slightly in the first stages of healing, then smooth out to no scar? Do any of you guys experience something similar, or notice that these indents at the first stages of healing are normal?

Any questions or comments at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 12/15/2012 11:45 am

I have wondered whether it's related to thinning of the skin that happens on certain medications like a Retin-A. I get the same thing on Minocycline, which also thins the skin. This is just a guess though. I do find it heals fine, which is a relief.

MemberMember
(@noregrets92)

Posted : 12/24/2012 8:22 pm

been there too, It's one of them weird things you can't really find a definate answer to online.