Notifications
Clear all

Pescetarian Diet

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 12/05/2012 8:50 pm

I am set on this diet. It's basically vegetarianism that includes eating fish/seafood. I "officially" started on 12/3/12, so two days ago. It's not too difficult, and I was used to eating meat almost 7 days a week. I am also incorporating much more water. I used to drink like 1 glass of water a day and that seems insanely ridiculous now. Now, I'm drinking 80 ounces daily. I separate it into 4 intervals and it's working out great. The only drawback is that I have too use the bathroom-- about 8 times a day, no joke.

Anyway, this thread will be a little log type where i'll try to keep track of it all. Oh, I am also cutting out all dairy products, and I believe that's the hardest part of all this. I love milk and cheese and yogurt! My substitute will be almond milk.

So that's it. It'll be fun/great if anyone decides to join or offer input. I have never tried changing my diet for acne, because let's face it, it takes some will power. I have a pretty hectic life and didn't want to make it more stressful.

Basically, I'll cut these out:

- dairy

- meat

- sugars/processed foods

I'll add these:

- water

- fruits/vegetables

- nuts

- much more seafood

...I still eat rice daily, would anyone say that's bad?

Here's to hoping this works! whistling.gif)

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 2:00 pm

I am set on this diet. It's basically vegetarianism that includes eating fish/seafood. I "officially" started on 12/3/12, so two days ago. It's not too difficult, and I was used to eating meat almost 7 days a week. I am also incorporating much more water. I used to drink like 1 glass of water a day and that seems insanely ridiculous now. Now, I'm drinking 80 ounces daily. I separate it into 4 intervals and it's working out great. The only drawback is that I have too use the bathroom-- about 8 times a day, no joke.

Anyway, this thread will be a little log type where i'll try to keep track of it all. Oh, I am also cutting out all dairy products, and I believe that's the hardest part of all this. I love milk and cheese and yogurt! My substitute will be almond milk.

So that's it. It'll be fun/great if anyone decides to join or offer input. I have never tried changing my diet for acne, because let's face it, it takes some will power. I have a pretty hectic life and didn't want to make it more stressful.

- dairy

- meat

- sugars/processed foods

I'll add these:

- water

- fruits/vegetables

- nuts

- much more seafood

Zinc diet.

it works

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:22 pm

- dairy

- meat

- sugars/processed foods

I'll add these:

- water

- fruits/vegetables

- nuts

- much more seafood

Zinc diet.

it works

I tried zinc a while back and it didn't really work. What does your diet consist of exactly?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/10/2012 2:00 pm

- dairy

- meat

- sugars/processed foods

I'll add these:

- water

- fruits/vegetables

- nuts

- much more seafood

Zinc diet.

it works

I tried zinc a while back and it didn't really work. What does your diet consist of exactly?

for breakfast i eat:

oatmeal or eggs

fruit like a persimmon or strawberries

glass of orange juice

sometimes a glass of almond milk

snack: fruit bar

fruit and grain bar

chips Sun chips or tortilla chips

almonds

lunch: (my lunch changes everyday so i will write the most high glycemic one i can think of:

-2 glasses almond milk

-peice of chicken

-bread (like a hamburger bun i have stopped eating just bread by itself. i only eat it when it is absolutely necessary for me like in a sandwich.)

-banana

-yam

dinner:

-usually consists of turkey meat, chicken meat, once a week salmon

-yam

-vegetable like green beans, brocolli

salad with balasmic vinagrette (salad only consists of mixed lettuce no tomatoes or anything else)

-sometimes white rice

-sometimes pasta

Suplements: zinc 45mg a day

7,000 iu vitamin d3 a day

4,000 mg evening primrose oil a day

4 rounded tablespoons of brewers yeast with 1 glass of v8 fusion.

i have made an effort to remove high sugar carbs and bread but have found it impossible to remove bread. i have had ideas of eating all fruits, nuts, beans, and meat for one week with no man made carbs like bread and seeing what happens. i may do this if my acne continues. i am waiting for vitamin d3 to work. it takes 3 months to clear you. in the studies they did for 76% of people it took 3 months. i have taken d3 for 1 month 10 days. i have tried drinking lots of water in the past but it did nothing for me. i am currently trying to drink apple cider vinegar after every meal. it lowers the insulin response which i think is good either way even if this wont clear my acne. i have read of people clearing their acne by taking cinnamon after every meal. it lowers the insulin blood sugar response. but cinnamon taken long periods of time can be harmful so im trying vinegar because it has same effect. problem is i am not faithful to it because it tastes nasty. i am also doing this oil pulling thing twice a day which is a aryudevic thing to cure acne but im not really sure it works. the guys who told me it worked for him said it took 5 months to be clear.