Notifications
Clear all

Just Trying To Find My Way.....a Holistic Approach To Acne

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/30/2012 7:08 pm

fish oil could break you out

just a note..

At this rate Arqa- anything could be breaking me out....lol.

Walking, talking, breathing, smelling fried foods, looking at baked goods. Not to be an ass but everything at this point is speculation. And BTW, i break out with or without fish oil so.......

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/31/2012 7:55 pm

So i had my second visit with NRT and got my report (based on the tests they did the last time). According to them, the areas in need of improvement in my body are:

Thyroid

Kidney

Adrenal

They told me that i have parasites AND fungus (ugh!)

i was given 4 supplements:

VRM 3 (parasites)

ACP

LACT ENZ

GA ADRENAL (for adrenal support)

I will be on a 12 week program where i see them once a week to 'evaluate' how my body is healing. Not sure if and when this will translate into skin improvement. They said my digestion was great...and it is so hoping this means that they do know what they are talking about. I plan to follow through this program at least for 12 weeks as my skin is really at rock bottom.

My face hurts, is swollen with several inflamed and tender FIRE ENGINE RED BUMPS. I was so embarrassed to leave my house today and i feel more swelling happening for tomorrow. Overall, excited to start this new regimen but feeling low about my skin.

MemberMember
(@4fours)

Posted : 06/01/2012 5:18 pm

Wow! Thanks for updating. Did they say what kind of fungus? How can they tell if you have parasites? That's crazy!!

Thyroid and adrenal support seriously helped me, not as much with my skin, but with my energy and mood. I hope it helps your skin too though, I know low thyroid function can make acne worse.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/01/2012 6:17 pm

Wow! Thanks for updating. Did they say what kind of fungus? How can they tell if you have parasites? That's crazy!!

Thyroid and adrenal support seriously helped me, not as much with my skin, but with my energy and mood. I hope it helps your skin too though, I know low thyroid function can make acne worse.

No problem. If my struggles can help someone else look into another possible cause of their acne, then i'm all for updating.

They didn't tell me what type of fungus and i don't think they would know that as this was a non invasive procedure so......

I can't even explain to you how they know that i have parasites/fungus. The whole 'testing' thing is so difficult to wrap my mind around. They did it again when i went back yesterday and this 'indicated' to them the individualized dosages needed for MY body. In any event, i was not surprised that adrenal showed up because stress is my middle name. I am seriously hoping that these supplements can help me as i am in such a bad state of mind with my depression and acne. I go back once every week for the next 6 weeks for them to monitor my progress (i do like the hand holding part-this will keep me motivated to keep on keeping on.....hopefully). After that they will reevaluate me to see if i have made improvements.

Thanks for reading and i promise to update as frequently as i can.

It will probably be weekly as i will update what happens during these sessions.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 06/02/2012 3:05 pm

I know, I'm so scared I won't be able to commit to this diet but I really need to try. So what CAN I eat? Vegetables, chicken and fish are the only meats I eat, low sugar fruits?, what else idk I'm so bad at this stuff lol and I'm definitely going to the dermatologist sometime next month. smile.png

I know, I'm so scared I won't be able to commit to this diet but I really need to try. So what CAN I eat? Vegetables, chicken and fish are the only meats I eat, low sugar fruits?, what else idk I'm so bad at this stuff lol and I'm definitely going to the dermatologist sometime next month. smile.png

I know how difficult it can be:

For Protein:

fish (esp Salmon)

Chicken

Beans

eggs

Low sugar fruits :

berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples)

Grains:

quinoa

brown rice

gluten free oats

quinoa flakes (kinda like cream of wheat)

dairy:

coconut or almond milk

daiya cheese (fake cheese)

vegetables:

sweet potato (go easy on regular potatoes)

any and all vegetables (leafy greens - kale, spinach, lettuce)

So you can see you have PLENTY to eat!

Keep me posted.....excited to hear how this works for you. Let me know how the derm visits go

Oh I can eat eggs? I thought that was a no-no but I do need my protein and it's so easy to make. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this list. I'll be using it as my bible for the next while and I will definitely keep you posted! Haha you're the best

Eating eggs would only be an issue if you were intolerant to it. I am very excited to hear how this works for you!

Well the allergist said I'm allergic to eggs but when I got the test I was like pshhh they don't do anything to me (I was like 11).. I cut out eggs and sugars for the most part. I don't consume dairy, just almond milk. I eat a crap ton of veggies and low sugar fruits, not really much else. I feel like I'm off to a good start for now. No fatty, fried foods or sugar ESPECIALLY.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/02/2012 4:01 pm

I know how difficult it can be:

For Protein:

fish (esp Salmon)

Chicken

Beans

eggs

Low sugar fruits :

berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples)

Grains:

quinoa

brown rice

gluten free oats

quinoa flakes (kinda like cream of wheat)

dairy:

coconut or almond milk

daiya cheese (fake cheese)

vegetables:

sweet potato (go easy on regular potatoes)

any and all vegetables (leafy greens - kale, spinach, lettuce)

So you can see you have PLENTY to eat!

Keep me posted.....excited to hear how this works for you. Let me know how the derm visits go

Oh I can eat eggs? I thought that was a no-no but I do need my protein and it's so easy to make. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this list. I'll be using it as my bible for the next while and I will definitely keep you posted! Haha you're the best

Eating eggs would only be an issue if you were intolerant to it. I am very excited to hear how this works for you!

Well the allergist said I'm allergic to eggs but when I got the test I was like pshhh they don't do anything to me (I was like 11).. I cut out eggs and sugars for the most part. I don't consume dairy, just almond milk. I eat a crap ton of veggies and low sugar fruits, not really much else. I feel like I'm off to a good start for now. No fatty, fried foods or sugar ESPECIALLY.

Well cut out eggs and see if it makes a difference. I just bought some today and i will be including it back into my diet as cutting it out has not influences my acne for better or worse. Did you do a more recent test? Your allergies/intolerances can change over time.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 06/02/2012 4:11 pm

Yeah I did.. it wasn't an intolerance thing with my stomach or anything it's a straight up allergy. I always ignored it up til now but I never really eat eggs all too often. Maybe the occasional cake or something once in a blue moon, I don't even really enjoy eggs lol.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/23/2012 7:01 am

This holistic approach is a sloooooow process. I am almost a month into my Paleo type diet and i feel meh. My holistic doctor recommended it so i'll probably stick with it another month. My acne is still about the same - sometimes it is healing and looks better and other times it gets worse. It literally changes from day to day. Still breaking out everyday though so i know that i still have imbalances in my body that i cant seem to target.

I've been on my regimen of supplements for about 3-4 weeks and i think its still too early to tell if they are working on my imbalances. I have paid for 3 months with my holistic doctor so if in that time i don't see an improvement, it's on to the next thing. I have also ordered a herbal supplement called Herpanacine so i will be incorporating that into my supplemental routine. The reviews out there seem to be generally positive so it is worth a shot.

I have been toying with the idea of going to see a holistic dermatologist who is actually licensed to practice dermatology but treats skin conditions as naturally as possible with herbs, supplements, natural skin care etc. I am holding off on going for 2 reasons:

1) i am already in a program and i want to give it a bit more time to see if it will work (and i am already paid in full with them)

2) He is mega expensive and the attitude i got from him left a bad taste in my mouth - almost God like, as if he was positive he could help my acne. I am VERY weary of any individual that says with 100% certainty that they can cure anything.

I return to visit my derm on Thursday so we'll what she suggests. Atralin has cleared my forehead and made my skin without acne feel smooth but it has not prevented anything. The Acanya makes me dry, red and while it dries up pimples, i am still getting new acne daily. Not sure what she'll suggest but i will not be doing a higher strength of retin A

Will definitely keep everyone posted

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/30/2012 4:48 pm

Finally received my Herpanacine and started today. I will take 4 per day, 2 in the am and 2 in the pm. The ingredients list looks good so we'll see if it helps my acne. I plan at the end of the summer to switch to an all natural regimen (chemical free) with the help of the holistic derm i found online. Not putting stock in anything though as i have been disappointed before. But if at the end of the summer the supplements have not made my acne/skin better, i will consider it a bust and give the holistic derm a call.

BTW: i fired dermatologist # 5 and will not be returning to her. They all seem to care about taking your money and not about you as a person. It is so sad that these people are allowed to practice medicine at all with their bedside manner.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/06/2012 5:24 pm

So i know i have been 'wanting' to go natural with my regimen but wanting to do something and actually doing something are two different things. In any event, after I get back from my vacation next week, i will be stopping the Acanya and taking a leap of faith with:

African Black Soap (the one that looks like dung) and Unrefined Shea Butter.

I'm anxious to ditch my cleanser first so I will start with the black soap first and continue to use my regular moisturizer so i know if i start breaking out, what exactly is causing it. I am a little scared of the what if's as i've heard great things about ABS as well as horror stories.

What prompted my move was the fact that i hate Acanya and how it makes me red and i am still breaking out and it stings and itches and it has BP and a topical ANTIBIOTIC which really goes against what i am trying to do internally. I am following the dietary recommendations of my holistic doctor, taking all her supplements, working out, calming the hell down, etc, etc, etc so the only thing left to do is change my skin care routine. Many people on this site have recommended some great suggestions like:

OCM

Water Only

Manaku Honey

Tea Tree Oil

Do Nothing Method

But ABS seems like a good place to transition from so hopefully my skin won't freak out too much. I am still breaking out everyday so we'll see how my face deals with changing regimens, the heat/humidity, no BP.

I may also pick up a tea tree oil for any larger than life pimples that form (definitely prone to those). If my face does not improve or GASP, takes a turn for the worst, i will call up the holistic derm sooner than later.

I know i will get my acne under control the natural way, it's just a matter of finding the right regimen for me. Any support that can be offered would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/16/2012 5:30 pm

I am back from my vacay and ready to change my regimen again. I have tried the conventional route and i have figured out that most derms just don't have a clue.

I was planning on using African Black Soap but the one i had ordered has coconut oil in it so i don't want to risk using it and exasberating my acne further. So in the mean time, i will stick with my non medicated (and chemically laden) facial cleanser (purpose or aveno), tone with ACV and once it gets here, moisturize with 100% pure aloe.

I am finding it EXTREMELY difficult to heal my acne on my own so i will contacting the holistic dermatologist tomorrow and setting up an appointment. It takes too much out of me to continuously search for my HG. I am becoming obsessed with my skin and my life is suffering as a result. Hoping for the best!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/17/2012 8:34 am

ACV day # 2

So i tones with Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Ration 4 parts water to 1 part vinegar) all over my face and had no stinging, redness or any obvious irritation. This morning i noticed a few new large (inflamed) and small bumps popping up so this could possible be:

a) purging from the ACV

b) my skin withdrawing from topicals

c) both

I will continue using it twice a day as well as drinking 1tbs per day to test this theory that ACV can improve acne. When i first started breaking out, i did try baking soda on my skin but that did nada so i am VERY skeptical about home remedies but at this point i have nothing to lose.

Will update again soon

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita21)

Posted : 07/19/2012 9:42 am

I am back from my vacay and ready to change my regimen again. I have tried the conventional route and i have figured out that most derms just don't have a clue.

I was planning on using African Black Soap but the one i had ordered has coconut oil in it so i don't want to risk using it and exasberating my acne further. So in the mean time, i will stick with my non medicated (and chemically laden) facial cleanser (purpose or aveno), tone with ACV and once it gets here, moisturize with 100% pure aloe.

I am finding it EXTREMELY difficult to heal my acne on my own so i will contacting the holistic dermatologist tomorrow and setting up an appointment. It takes too much out of me to continuously search for my HG. I am becoming obsessed with my skin and my life is suffering as a result. Hoping for the best!

Heyy, I hope your visit with the holistic derm goes well(: Have you ever read the acne blog "High on health"? It has some good tips for skin care and health for acne.... I heard about manuka honey there, and I think (crosses fingers) its been helping my skin. I also find calamine lotion works well when I'm like MAD broken out. haha which for me was a few moths ago. It sucked everything out of my skin, so at first it looked worse, but within a few days it looked a hell of a lot better. De la cruz sulfur ointment from walgreens is also a good spot treatment... it only has two ingredients and its really potent stuff. Zinc oxide cream is great at reducing irritation and redness, and just making your skin smooth. I LOVE aloe vera gel for the reducing redness thing as well, hahah. Betadine is also amazing for zits, and clove oil is WAY more powerful than TTO and works a million times better, imo wub.png Just it is so powerful it can burn your skin, so I usually add it to a moisturizer or something.

I think its sooo important to treat acne from the inside, but also hit it from the outside somehow. god, skincare can be so complex tho angry.png but anyway, I hope your treatment goes well, and please keep us updated!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/19/2012 9:56 am

Heyy, I hope your visit with the holistic derm goes well(: Have you ever read the acne blog "High on health"? It has some good tips for skin care and health for acne.... I heard about manuka honey there, and I think (crosses fingers) its been helping my skin. I also find calamine lotion works well when I'm like MAD broken out. haha which for me was a few moths ago. It sucked everything out of my skin, so at first it looked worse, but within a few days it looked a hell of a lot better. De la cruz sulfur ointment from walgreens is also a good spot treatment... it only has two ingredients and its really potent stuff. Zinc oxide cream is great at reducing irritation and redness, and just making your skin smooth. I LOVE aloe vera gel for the reducing redness thing as well, hahah. Betadine is also amazing for zits, and clove oil is WAY more powerful than TTO and works a million times better, imo wub.png Just it is so powerful it can burn your skin, so I usually add it to a moisturizer or something.

I think its sooo important to treat acne from the inside, but also hit it from the outside somehow. god, skincare can be so complex tho angry.png but anyway, I hope your treatment goes well, and please keep us updated!!

Thanks for the response! I thought i was the only one on here....lol.

I am hoping for the best too as it has been a rough year with acne. I am off my topicals and my skin doesn't feel like crap so i am happy about that. I have added ACV as a toner to replace my Acanya but eventually i want to do away with my chemical laden face wash AND moisturizer. My aloe plant came yesterday but i am not going to start using it till after derm visit as i just added in ACV and i want to see how my skin behaves first. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will be writing them down to possibly try in the future. I am starting to believe like you that natural is the road less traveled but the one that has more long term results.

I will absolutely keep updating as hopefully the advice given to me can help someone else, minus the cost teehee.gif .

How is your acne and how are you treating it both internally and externally?

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita21)

Posted : 07/19/2012 7:59 pm

I am hoping for the best too as it has been a rough year with acne. I am off my topicals and my skin doesn't feel like crap so i am happy about that. I have added ACV as a toner to replace my Acanya but eventually i want to do away with my chemical laden face wash AND moisturizer. My aloe plant came yesterday but i am not going to start using it till after derm visit as i just added in ACV and i want to see how my skin behaves first. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will be writing them down to possibly try in the future. I am starting to believe like you that natural is the road less traveled but the one that has more long term results.

I will absolutely keep updating as hopefully the advice given to me can help someone else, minus the cost teehee.gif .

ACV is amazing! I used it a few months ago twice a day and it got rid of all my acne... but then it started coming back a few weeks later when i slacked, and i haven't picked it up since confused.gif Maybe I should try it again, haha. How is it working for you? I hear it helps get rid of red marks?

Ah, my skin is doing amazing!! i updated my log and talked about some added supplements but I'll just copy the basics down here...

Probiotic -- on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and last thing at night

Digestive formula (with enzymes and probiotics) -- after each meal

Liver support pill -- after breakfast and dinner

Multivitamin -- 2 after breakfast and 2 after dinner

Fish oil -- after each meal

Iron -- after breakfast

An adrenal and hormone support pill (it also has b-vitamins, plus zinc) -- after breakfast and mid afternoon

Zinc (22 mg, but the adrenal/hormone support pill has 6 mg so it makes 28 mg total) -- last thing at night

Alkalinizing minerals -- 1 tsp last thing at night with water

Not really sure which supplement is causing such a great change, but now my skin is about 98% clear.... people are commenting on how great it looks, which has NEVER happened before in my life blush.png I'm shocked thb, because I never knew the natural route really would work for me. But yeah. I'm really happy(:

How is your acne doing -- any good changes? I really hope the natural route works for all of us!!

I saw on your signature that you're doing the paleo diet... is that working for you? I'm doing some research on it and it looks really good -- is it the diet your naturopath suggested? My naturopath keeps going on and on about the benefits of the blood type diet, so that's the one I'm doing, hahah. Victoria's secret model Miranda kerr, who has the most beautiful skin ever, says she follows that diet, so that was a HUGE incentive for me to follow through with it, loll(; I hope everything is going well!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/20/2012 7:12 am

ACV is amazing! I used it a few months ago twice a day and it got rid of all my acne... but then it started coming back a few weeks later when i slacked, and i haven't picked it up since confused.gif Maybe I should try it again, haha. How is it working for you? I hear it helps get rid of red marks?

Ah, my skin is doing amazing!! i updated my log and talked about some added supplements but I'll just copy the basics down here...

Probiotic -- on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and last thing at night

Digestive formula (with enzymes and probiotics) -- after each meal

Liver support pill -- after breakfast and dinner

Multivitamin -- 2 after breakfast and 2 after dinner

Fish oil -- after each meal

Iron -- after breakfast

An adrenal and hormone support pill (it also has b-vitamins, plus zinc) -- after breakfast and mid afternoon

Zinc (22 mg, but the adrenal/hormone support pill has 6 mg so it makes 28 mg total) -- last thing at night

Alkalinizing minerals -- 1 tsp last thing at night with water

Not really sure which supplement is causing such a great change, but now my skin is about 98% clear.... people are commenting on how great it looks, which has NEVER happened before in my life blush.png I'm shocked thb, because I never knew the natural route really would work for me. But yeah. I'm really happy(:

How is your acne doing -- any good changes? I really hope the natural route works for all of us!!

I saw on your signature that you're doing the paleo diet... is that working for you? I'm doing some research on it and it looks really good -- is it the diet your naturopath suggested? My naturopath keeps going on and on about the benefits of the blood type diet, so that's the one I'm doing, hahah. Victoria's secret model Miranda kerr, who has the most beautiful skin ever, says she follows that diet, so that was a HUGE incentive for me to follow through with it, loll(; I hope everything is going well!!

My acne is ok - still breaking out so only time will tell. The good news is that my dryness from Acanya is going away and my skin without acne is smoother. So far, i like ACV - it's simple to use and doesn't irritate my skin. Your diet sounds stellar so let me know how it working out for you. Just out of curiosity, how 'bad' was your acne/what type of acne do you have. My acne is mild/moderate (at times) and EXTREMELY persistent. My worst areas are the chin and mouth. Any before and after pictures?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/21/2012 7:26 am

ACV Start of Week 2:

POSITIVES:

• complexion is soooo much better since getting off Acanya
  • clogged pores on cheeks seemed to have improved
  • skin is softer
  • smaller bumps are not coming up as often

NEGATIVES:

• still breaking out, especially on chin/mouth area
  • bumps that i do get are usually larger and under the skin with no head

OVERALL FEELING:

I like ACV and still do not regret the decision to drop my topicals. I'm not sure if my acne is going away any faster but my overall skin looks and feels better. As of today, i have 3 large undergrounders on my chin and a few smaller bumps on my chin/mouth area. And while i am not happy about it, i never expected ACV to stop my breakouts (as acne is mostly internal vs external).

I see the holistic derm on Thursday so i will update then about my visit. I am also hoping to add Aloe Vera into my regimen towards the end of next week if the derm doesn't have something else in mind.

Regarding drinking ACV, i haven't had a problem with the taste or smell. I drink it mixed in with water and sometimes it does burn going down but not unbearable.

I am also continuing with my diet and exercise.

Hopefully something will give

BTW, washed my face tonight with 1:1 apple cider vinegar/spring water mix. Seeing is this can be a replacement for my facial cleanser. Will see how it works out in the coming days. Tried to get away with no moisturizer but face felt tight so put some neutrogena on.

Tomorrows my birthday so gonna enjoy my last night as a 28 year old inspite of acne. I have so many FABULOUS things going for me and i get to spend my special day with 2very good friends of mine! What else can a girl want cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 07/22/2012 3:27 pm

ACV Start of Week 2:

POSITIVES:

• skin is softer

NEGATIVES:

OVERALL FEELING:

I like ACV and still do not regret the decision to drop my topicals. I'm not sure if my acne is going away any faster but my overall skin looks and feels better. As of today, i have 3 large undergrounders on my chin and a few smaller bumps on my chin/mouth area. And while i am not happy about it, i never expected ACV to stop my breakouts (as acne is mostly internal vs external).

I see the holistic derm on Thursday so i will update then about my visit. I am also hoping to add Aloe Vera into my regimen towards the end of next week if the derm doesn't have something else in mind.

Regarding drinking ACV, i haven't had a problem with the taste or smell. I drink it mixed in with water and sometimes it does burn going down but not unbearable.

BTW, washed my face tonight with 1:1 apple cider vinegar/spring water mix. Seeing is this can be a replacement for my facial cleanser. Will see how it works out in the coming days. Tried to get away with no moisturizer but face felt tight so put some neutrogena on.

Tomorrows my birthday so gonna enjoy my last night as a 28 year old inspite of acne. I have so many FABULOUS things going for me and i get to spend my special day with 2very good friends of mine! What else can a girl want cheer.gif

Awwh well happy birthdayyy :)

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE apple cider vinegar. But switching to Bragg's Organic ACV made a dramatic difference than the Heinz stuff I probably never should have been using haha.

Also, ACV and spring water as a facial wash? I don't know if that's very helpful. I would say use baking soda and tone with ACV afterwards or just use a sensitive wash like Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser. I have used SOOOO many face washes and I promise you will love this stuff. I originally tried it because it was on Dan's list of acceptable face washes.

And man do I love me some aloe too. I do like to use a moisturizer in conjunction with it because it doesn't do too great of a job in that area and leaves your skin feeling a little tight and with some good moisturizer it reduces that weird feeling. And makes makeup application a lot easier.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/22/2012 7:33 pm

ACV Start of Week 2:

POSITIVES:

• skin is softer

NEGATIVES:

OVERALL FEELING:

Awwh well happy birthdayyy smile.png

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE apple cider vinegar. But switching to Bragg's Organic ACV made a dramatic difference than the Heinz stuff I probably never should have been using haha.

Also, ACV and spring water as a facial wash? I don't know if that's very helpful. I would say use baking soda and tone with ACV afterwards or just use a sensitive wash like Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser. I have used SOOOO many face washes and I promise you will love this stuff. I originally tried it because it was on Dan's list of acceptable face washes.

And man do I love me some aloe too. I do like to use a moisturizer in conjunction with it because it doesn't do too great of a job in that area and leaves your skin feeling a little tight and with some good moisturizer it reduces that weird feeling. And makes makeup application a lot easier.

Thanks Clam. It was an awesome day!

Baking Soda i heard does not have the right PH for skin. I needed something to replace my soap that was PH balanced and ACV seems to be ok. As long as it kills germs and gets rid of sweat, i should be good.

I am liking the toner and the smell doesn't bother me as much anymore. Complexion is so much better but can't tell a consistent difference with my acne.

I see my holistic derm Thursday so hoping he can provide with a regimen/supplement regimen :-)

How is natural working for you so far?

How's your acne?

You should definitely start a log - i would love to read what you are doing.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/26/2012 3:41 pm

UPDATE:

Regime change AGAIN.

Just came back from the holistic derm and everything that is discussed on the holistic boards was discussed with me. I have to admit though that i was thoroughly disappointed with his skin care suggestions. Guess i was expecting it to be more .....natural

He did give me a cleanser and a moisturizer that is organic and the ingredients don't look bad at all.

As for supplements, i am taking several as he says i have issues with

Yeast (kinda surprised)

Liver issues

Digestion issues

Adrenal issues

They also gave me stuff to address my depression, an anti inflammatory supplement and something for blood sugar issues. i will post the new regimen in my signature soon.

As for diet, he told me to stop eating apples and berries (except for strawberries) as well as sweet potato though he said white potatoes in moderation would be better. He also said i can add back in brown rice and quinoa. I actually don't mind the paleo way of eating but it would be nice to occasionally switch it up with the grains i mentioned.

He warned me that there could be a detox reaction, especially when i add in the supplement that addresses the yeast. Hoping it doesn't happen.

I will see him in 5 weeks so we'll see how things work out :-)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/27/2012 1:11 pm

Day # 1 of new regimen

Face has many bumps around my mouth/chin area, some inflamed, some not. I have a huge inflamed one that is really irking me right now. I tried the oil control moisturizer after toning and i can tell that we won't be getting along. My face feels tight and dry (something not good for acne). I feel so frustrated! Another product that may end up in the garbage bin. I guess i'll see how face holds up over the weekend. If the dryness feeling persists, i will definitely stop using it. I have some tea tree oil but i don't want to add anything new to my regimen as of yet.

Ahhhhhhhh.....just want to scream right now!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/31/2012 11:38 am

Day # 5

I have the ITCHIES! My skin and face itches like mad. It started Sunday after i took one of the supplements that the derm gave me (Farklempt Boich) for digestive support. It's such as uncomfortable feeling. Also, i am breaking out in inflamed acne on my cheeks, an area i was doing so well in eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif.

I'm trying not to hot the panic button and email the derm, at least not yet. Also. my bowel movements have not been great since Sunday. I hate starting with a new regimen - it sucks. I'm gonna stick with it though cause i paid a crap load of money to see this guy/buy supplements so.......

Why does this have to be so hard? Topically ACV has not been the miracle i've been looking for. I like it a lot and it is much better than Acanya (that's for sure) but it hasn't really minimized my acne at all. Still searching for a moisturizer as Neutrogena makes me feel and look greasy. Looking forward to trying aloe vera in the next few days.

Thanks for reading

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 08/02/2012 7:12 am

Get off the meds ASAP.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/02/2012 7:40 pm

Get off the meds ASAP.

I stopped that particular supplement and itchiness went away. I could become a pharmacist with all my unused drugs.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/03/2012 8:32 am

Week 1 Down! 1 Week since i started a new supplemental regimen. I haven't integrated all the supplements yet as per the derms request, i am to introduce each new supplement every 2 days. Took some pictures of my acne today. It's been months since i did that and at some point i'll post it to track my progress or lack there of. Status of my skin is as such:

• several inflamed bumps on chin
  • several under the skin bumps (visibly raised)
  • small red bumps appearing on jawline/cheek area
  • several small bumps on lip area
  • many clogged pores on cheeks

Acne has progressively gotten worse since stopping Acanya. The strange thing is that while i am annoyed, i don't feel sad or depressed or anxious about it. I look at it with the attitude 'it is what it is'. Maybe because i have embraced the idea that it will get worse before it gets better theory. Trying to not have expectations because i have been let down plenty in the past. Still fine tuning the topical aspect of things. Was going to try aloe vera but upon spot testing, got a reaction so.........