Notifications
Clear all

Which Bc Pill Is Most Likely To Help For Quite Severe Acne?

MemberMember
(@eastie)

Posted : 02/11/2012 6:52 am

Ok,my acne IS hormonal.I had my blood tested and androgens are high.Doctor recomended Yasmin but I am not quite sure if this is strong enough for me.Which pill has the strongest anti-androgen action?I was on Yasminelle ,it helped only moderately but it is somehow lighter than Yasmin.Would Dianette be better?

MemberMember
(@thrillpink)

Posted : 02/11/2012 2:24 pm

My doctor always suggested Diane35/Dianette as the best bcp for acne.

MemberMember
(@harleyquinn1801)

Posted : 02/16/2012 11:45 pm

maybe this link will u. I've head that Diane and Yasmin/YAZ are the best for high androgen levels as well as spironolactone whereas Ortho Tri Cyclen is approved for acne.

http://facerealityacneclinic.com/articles/birth_control_pills_acne.php

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 05/03/2012 10:50 am

Diane, Yaz, Ortho Tri Cyclen. I would try spironolactone for 6 months before going on a BCP though. Weight gain is pretty common with those high estrogen birth control pills (like Diane), and Yaz can increase your risk for blood clotting. There are a bunch of lawsuits against Yaz right now for women with no history of blood clots getting pulmonary embolisms. I personally know a 22 year old woman who was hospitalized for a pulmonary embolism with Yaz. That's not normal at age 22...not at all.

MemberMember
(@jennifer88)

Posted : 05/18/2012 1:31 pm

I'm on Yasmin, and it works well for clearing up my skin! But the whole bloot clotting thing freaks me the eff out - YIKES! I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclen before, and another brand too, I'm pretty sure. They all have worked well for me.

MemberMember
(@relmneiko)

Posted : 11/04/2012 11:20 am

I don't know quite so much about which is supposed to be strongest, but Alesse cleared me up by like 90% and I had cystic acne. Unfortunately it also made me depressed, so I had to stop, and now my acne is back even worse, sigh. Currently fighting the urge to give up on Dan's regimen and run back to the Pill.