Notifications
Clear all

After 20 Years Of Searching, My Acne Is Totally Cured. Important Read.

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/31/2012 12:36 am

can i purchase this ready to drink?

I have seen water kefir in the store ready made, but in my experience it didn't really do anything. In my experience the water kefir you make for yourself is one hundred times more powerful.

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/08/2012 6:01 am

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmAX2PnRCY0

Can u use coconut?

Its hard to find a clear recipe as everyone does it different

Also how long or how many times can I use the grains for before they are no good anymore?

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 06/10/2012 2:32 pm

Can u use coconut?

Its hard to find a clear recipe as everyone does it different

Also how long or how many times can I use the grains for before they are no good anymore?

Coconut water can be used, but it's not high in minerals and it's REALLY expensive over time.

Here is the 24 hour recipe I use and it's very basic for a single person and I recommend 1/2 gallon mason jar:

1. limit to one cup of grains. The grains will multiply so either eat the extra or throw it out. In the beginning definitely EAT the extra grains... that will speed up the process of healing you. After the first week or two you wouldn't need to eat the extra grains if you didn't want to. The grains are just flavorless polysaccharide made by the friendly bacteria, kind of like rice.

2. For one cup of grains add about 20 oz of water (so you'll end up drinking about 16 oz when finished) about 3-5 tablespoons organic sugar (depending on the strength your particular culture)

3. Important: then also add 1 tablespoon of high mineral sugar. I use blackstrap molasses and it makes it grow like crazy! not to mention... it also adds good minerals to your kefir that you will aso be drinking it.

So your adding 4-6 tablespoons of sugar (3-5 organic cane sugar, and 1 mollasses)

4. Let it brew for about 24 hours with a coffee filter and rubber band on the top so it can breath. You can taste test to see where you are. If you let it go to 100% it will turn into vinegar and harm the culture and it may never recover and you would just need to order some new from ebay. I'd say it's best to drink it when it's about 65% fermented... it's just slightly sweet at that point but not too vinegary.

5. For the last two hours (or so) of fermentation you can seal off the jar with a lid and then it will make it an effervescent drink like champagne due to pressure build-up which adds a nice touch.

6. I just pour it right out of my 1/2 gallon jar into a glass and drink it and then start over again.

7. If you need to slow down the process just put the jar in the fridge. You could fill it with water and some sugar and leave for a week and it would probably be totally fine and return to normal outside the fridge. I've heard the freezer works too for longer trips but never tried it. Just know you can always spend $10 and get a new batch on ebay.

Keep in mind this is medicine to heal you. It tastes pretty good when done right, but the point is not to taste good, the point is to deliver tons of awesome probiotic to your gut.

Good luck!

AND A NOTE TO EVERYONE ABOUT DAIRY: Dairy is the worst culprit I have ever found for my acne. You must cut it out for about a month before you can see results due to long lasting hormone cascades. If you keep eating a bunch of dairy then you are just shooting yourself in the foot. Go on water kefir, cut out dairy and your acne will heal. Then after a couple months you can start testing your boundaries with how much dairy you can eat. I find I can eat little bits of dairy for flavor, but I still cannot eat a whole block of cheese and expect to remain clear EVEN on water kefir probiotics. If you suffer from acne then cut out the diary and do it for months at least.

AND A NOTE TO EVERYONE ABOUT CARBS: I used to associate carbs with acne, like dairy, but now after water kefir I've noticed, like lieko said, that I can also eat a lot of carbs and no longer notice any problem. so I feel water kefir completely heals your ability to handle carbohydrates, but it does NOT necessarily heal your ability to handle dairy.

Thanks for listening and good luck.

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 06/10/2012 9:44 pm

Hey aquapurity.

Did you use a starter culture with dehydrated grains or did someone share theirs with you?

Also, what was your acne like and where was is? Severe, moderate, light?

My acne is on my face and back and I wondered if is powerful enough for that. I don't think I have any problem with dairy, so I'm not sure how this might affect me.

Thanks.

If you have acne and you say that you don't have any problem with dairy, then I would say you probably have a problem with dairy. I found that dairy will cause breakouts for weeks, maybe even a month, after you consume it. If you cut out dairy for a month and you drink water kefir daily for a month I bet your acne will disappear. After that, keep drinking the kefir and start testing a little bit to see what kind of dairy you can handle.

Don't buy dehydrated kefir grains if you don't have to. Buy regular grains from ebay there are a number of sellers. Read the rest of the thread for more information.

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 06/11/2012 2:14 pm

Is there a reason dehydrated grains aren't as good at the stuff that's already active? I really want to start this but I want to do it right.

I don't think you said in past posts, but what was the severity and type of your acne and where was is located?

Thanks.

Dehydrated grains take a long time to bring back to life and there is a greater risk that it will just be dead. Just buy regular grains which are already alive when you receive them. There is no reason for you to buy dehydrated.

I had moderate acne for 20 years sometimes severe. It mostly occurred on my forehead and temples and now have scars. At the worst times it was large cysts where the infections would last for months.

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 06/18/2012 9:38 am

i bought some dehydrated grains just now (before I saw this thread lol), but it's from a good source. i expect they will work.

dairy always made my acne worse, so having similar problems as u have, i think i might have a chance it will work....

MemberMember
(@nafione)

Posted : 06/21/2012 12:26 am

I'd like to know if anybody else has tried this with success or not. There are few testimonials on this site or google for a supposed miracle cure.

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/21/2012 11:58 am

Has anyone else yet tried this? I want to hear feedback from others.

Whenever i take anything "alive": kombucha, probiotics, greek yogurt. I seem to breakout. I have never held out long enough to see if it was just an initial breakout. Is it possible that water kefir could do worse for your skin? Probiotics can be detrimental too. right?

I would like to hear more reviews as well!

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/21/2012 5:53 pm

I am guna try making some of this today....hope it works lol

MemberMember
(@is9744)

Posted : 06/22/2012 6:50 pm

I ordered live organic water kefir grains and they should arrive arnd wednesday. I KNW my digestion is horrible and hopefully this helps a lot. I've taken probiotics before but noted no noticeable difference. They should arrive in about 5 days I will update after use.

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/22/2012 9:00 pm

I have made it and its on its second day but the grains dont seem to be expanding....any ideas?

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/23/2012 7:26 pm

Okay just drank my first batch, the grains didnt expand much. I used one cup of spirng water, 2 tablespons of the grains, one table spoon of brown raw sugar and a pinch of salt, with a slice of lemon and some raisons....the taste is kind of bubbly, abit fizzy, it looks aweful but tastes okay.

MemberMember
(@demorph)

Posted : 06/24/2012 2:13 pm

i received a message from lieko as well.

at first I was sceptical but today I finished brewing my first jar of water kefir. in two days I'll have a drink and will report back.

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/25/2012 1:55 am

I noticed my grains didnt expand much..... who knows why?

Did anyone who made a batch, add salt? And what sugar did you use?

MemberMember
(@demorph)

Posted : 06/25/2012 9:31 am

refined white sugar, no salt, raisins. that's about it really.

mine didn't expand much either. maybe you have to make a couple more batches first?

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 06/25/2012 10:26 am

I noticed my grains didnt expand much..... who knows why?

Did anyone who made a batch, add salt? And what sugar did you use?

Hi Guys,

This was posted previously in this thread:

Here is the 24 hour recipe I use and it's very basic for a single person and I recommend 1/2 gallon mason jar:

1. limit to one cup of grains. The grains will multiply so either eat the extra or throw it out. In the beginning definitely EAT the extra grains... that will speed up the process of healing you. After the first week or two you wouldn't need to eat the extra grains if you didn't want to. The grains are just flavorless polysaccharide made by the friendly bacteria, kind of like rice.

2. For one cup of grains add about 20 oz of water (so you'll end up drinking about 16 oz when finished) about 3-5 tablespoons organic sugar (depending on the strength your particular culture)

3. Important: then also add 1 tablespoon of high mineral sugar. I use blackstrap molasses and it makes it grow like crazy! not to mention... it also adds good minerals to your kefir that you will aso be drinking it.

So your adding 4-6 tablespoons of sugar (3-5 organic cane sugar, and 1 mollasses)

4. Let it brew for about 24 hours with a coffee filter and rubber band on the top so it can breath. You can taste test to see where you are. If you let it go to 100% it will turn into vinegar and harm the culture and it may never recover and you would just need to order some new from ebay. I'd say it's best to drink it when it's about 65% fermented... it's just slightly sweet at that point but not too vinegary.

5. For the last two hours (or so) of fermentation you can seal off the jar with a lid and then it will make it an effervescent drink like champagne due to pressure build-up which adds a nice touch.

6. I just pour it right out of my 1/2 gallon jar into a glass and drink it and then start over again.

7. If you need to slow down the process just put the jar in the fridge. You could fill it with water and some sugar and leave for a week and it would probably be totally fine and return to normal outside the fridge. I've heard the freezer works too for longer trips but never tried it. Just know you can always spend $10 and get a new batch on ebay.

Keep in mind this is medicine to heal you. It tastes pretty good when done right, but the point is not to taste good, the point is to deliver tons of awesome probiotic to your gut.

I do not add salt to mine. I also have at least a cup of grains in my jar... not just a tablespoon

The grains do not "expand" they grow over time because some bacteria keep adding polysaccaride to them.

I add molasses which I have found makes the kefir grow really fast... I think because of the extra minerals.

Try to add in some mineral-rich sugar in some batches to keep the culture healthy.

MemberMember
(@demorph)

Posted : 06/28/2012 10:33 am

ok, so after having drunk water kefir for the past two days my skin has gotten noticeably worse.

I suspect it's the sugar. I will continue drinking it but I do't know for how long.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 06/28/2012 11:04 am

Water kefir doesnot work for every one.

Homemade Kefir from organic milk is more potent and easier to make. Dairy kefir requires different type of grains. You can add raw manuka honey to make it tasty. Some say to give a gap of one week after every twenty days of drinking as it contains little alcohol.

Water kefir doesnot work for everyone.

Kefir from organic milk is more potent and easier to make. Requires different types of grains. You can add raw manuka honey to make it tasty. Also give a gap of one week after every twenty days of drinking as it contains little alcohol.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 06/29/2012 2:05 am

BUMP. This thread has been really interesting to me.

But can drinking water kefir help those whose acne is hormonal?

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/29/2012 10:06 pm

Dont know? I am getting used to the tatse even thought it looks like muddy tap water lol

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 07/01/2012 7:23 pm

ok, so after having drunk water kefir for the past two days my skin has gotten noticeably worse.

I suspect it's the sugar. I will continue drinking it but I do't know for how long.

In the beginning sugar can trigger acne because of course it feeds the acne bacteria. Once you have healed your ecosystem, the acne bacteria anywhere in your body is held in check by your immune system. Your immune system is 70% the status of your intestinal flora. As far as water kefir goes, make sure you are letting it ferment until it's about 70% done... it should not taste too sweet. If you want you can actually just let it settle, the pour off the top and just drink a little and eat the new grain growth. You just need to get TONS of good bacteria in your system. That is the solution. Water kefir is the best and truest way I've ever found of doing that. So in your case you should go out to the store and buy some of the best probiotics you can find and keep poppin those pills too along with water kefir.

BUMP. This thread has been really interesting to me.

But can drinking water kefir help those whose acne is hormonal?

yes. do a google search of "probiotics hormones". in addition to those connections to hormones, probiotics also help release more nutrition from your food, like omega 3 fatty acids which are also crucial for hormonal health.

MemberMember
(@demorph)

Posted : 07/02/2012 10:16 am

In the beginning sugar can trigger acne because of course it feeds the acne bacteria. Once you have healed your ecosystem, the acne bacteria anywhere in your body is held in check by your immune system. Your immune system is 70% the status of your intestinal flora. As far as water kefir goes, make sure you are letting it ferment until it's about 70% done... it should not taste too sweet. If you want you can actually just let it settle, the pour off the top and just drink a little and eat the new grain growth. You just need to get TONS of good bacteria in your system. That is the solution. Water kefir is the best and truest way I've ever found of doing that. So in your case you should go out to the store and buy some of the best probiotics you can find and keep poppin those pills too along with water kefir.

thanks a lot for the heads up. I noticed my second batch does indeed taste less sweet. I have to dilute it with mineral water though otherwise I couldn't stand the taste for long. I've never liked the taste of champagne and water kefir sure tastes like it.

how much water kefir would you recommend to drink by the way?

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 07/02/2012 10:15 pm

Yes im very interested! Ive tried everything and want to give this a shot!!!Would you mind explaining the process of how to make it? Or where can i buy it already made?

Thank you..

me as well. I dont mind ordering it if you can give some tips?

There are a lot of useful videos on youtube about brewing water kefir and other general information. Everything you need should be there.

I've just ordered some and I'm feeling good about it. Even if it doesn't help my acne at all, at least it's healthy. smile.png

Hi All,

Here are some of my tips on the subject:

--Yes agreed, just go to youtube and search for "water kefir". You will find a bunch of instructional videos.

--All you need is...

--a big jar with lid for sealing... half gallon jar recommended because the kefir bubbles and can soak your coffee filter

--coffee filter

--organic cane sugar and some darker sugar like coconut palm or molasses for minerals

--wooden stirring spoon (don't use metal because it electrocutes the bacteria)

--plastic fine mesh filter optional for pouring back and forth (again, don't use metal)

--NOTE: for the first five days you will be gassy while the new bacteria eat any extra food matter inside you (so drink it at night I guess). This is a great sign! It shows that it's actually working. After this initial period, the gas will disappear forever... so totally push through and you will see amazing results!

--You can buy readymade water kefir in the store, but I found it to be ineffective just like most probiotic supplements... as if it didn't have much bacteria in it. This is why water kefir is the best solution. It is the real deal, you can see it bubble you can see the clouds of good bacteria.

--ALSO NOTE: it only took a couple days for me to see that all acne completely stopped forming. HOWEVER, my existing acne still had to go through it's normal life cycle, but after that existing acne healed, there was no more acne at all because no new acne formed at all anymore. Water kefir does not necessarily speed up the healing of the existing infections... it prevents new infections from every occurring in the first place.

Hope that helps... it's totally worth trying... it's really cheap and I'm reporting that it's like the magic bullet that I sought for 20 years.

How much kefir do you recommend that I drink in a day? Like, one 8 oz. glass, for example?

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 07/03/2012 9:38 pm

BUMP.

How's the water kefir going for those of you all who are trying it out?

How much are you all drinking in one day?

MemberMember
(@tonino)

Posted : 07/06/2012 9:18 pm

Has anyone else yet tried this? I want to hear feedback from others.

Whenever i take anything "alive": kombucha, probiotics, greek yogurt. I seem to breakout. I have never held out long enough to see if it was just an initial breakout. Is it possible that water kefir could do worse for your skin? Probiotics can be detrimental too. right?

This is the problem that I'm having right now. I've gone long enough (1 full month) to see if it was just an "initial" breakout, but sadly, it does not seem to be the case.

I drink water kefirs and I get a wild breakout of small whiteheads all over my face and and cysts along the jawline. It's been like this for a full month now and I am starting to get really fed up. I'm considering stopping, but does anyone know if it just takes more perseverance, or should I jump ship at this rate?

p.s. oh and I broke out REALLY hard when I took probiotics at megadoses.