Notifications
Clear all

Dianette/Diane 35 Log

MemberMember
(@jwarrillow)

Posted : 03/16/2012 3:22 pm

Hi there g0oo0f...followed your blog religiously and it was super helpful. A big thank you for taking the time to share. Now...how about one final last closing update? I am curious how things have finally worked out for you? I am just into mnth 6 of Diane 35 and plan to post a summary of my experience soon - reading your posts were so helpful when I first started the pill almost 6 mnths ago since everyone feels the situation should quickly resolve itself. But, more often than not it's a true test of patience to see the results. My road to clear skin was much likes yours. Anyway, drop us an update.

And thanks again...

Jenn

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 04/22/2012 3:55 pm

Hello all!

I wrote on this blog a long time ago while I was still in the process of getting clear skin while on Diane 35, and it has almost been a year since I've started Diane 35, and my face is 100% clear & stays clear every day for months and months at a time. My face finally has had time to heal and all of my acne scarring is almost gone. I had a few indented scarring but seriously all of them have filled out. My face looks awesome! To maintain absolute perfect skin I combined tetracycline and Diane 35, and it helps to keep my skin looking fabulous. I am very happy with my results and I do not want to ever stop taking this medication. I feel beautiful again. I am going to post a picture of my results. Diane 35 is a drug you need to be patient with, and if you can get through it you will be happy.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=758047574&sk=photos

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/18/2012 3:16 pm

Girls trust me I know how you feel. It feels like a never ending battle, it really does.

I'm not saying my face is perfect right now, but the pimples lessen by each month. I still get some pimples here and there but they aren't as insane as they were before and are really really small. What I am most happiest about is finally clearing the right side of my face. I haven't had a new pimple in that area in about a week and it's giving my face some time to heal, thank god.

Hang in there. I honestly don't think Diane35 users will see the full results of the pill until month 6. For me right now my acne is manageable. 1 new pimple did pop up on my forehead (which really depressed me because I NEVER get pimples on my forehead) but it's extremely small and is almost gone already.

When I first went onto the pill my face literally went CRAZY and it seemed like no matter what I did nothing seemed to help control these insane breakouts and massive pimples. One thing I did find that really helped my face was not wearing any makeup when I'm not going anywhere, (so at home.) It's helped those nasty red marks left after acne fade quicker and I don't get as many breakouts. I don't really have a life at the moment, so it's easy for me to go home and take off all my makeup. Of course I wear it when I got to school or go out, but yeah when I'm home I don't wear anything.

Anyways, I am rambling. I am going to keep looking at your log because it's nice to see your experience! So keep updating. smile.png ps. your acne can't be THAT bad if you are a model! jeez girl. <3

Hey everyone, I just came across this thread, and thought I'd post. I know it's over a year old, but I'm currently going through this struggle and it means a lot to read about someone else's experience. I just started Diane 35 and am about 3 weeks in, my skin looks bad... it's just broken out everywhere, little bumps, cysts, scabs, redness, scarring, hyperpigmentation, soreness, pain, it's a DISASTER. It's really discouraging to hear that it's going to take at LEAST 3 months for it to START working on my skin... but I don't really have any other option because I've tried everything else...

I just thought I'd give my 2 cents in saying that if you still have acne, and are using MAC makeup (foundation or otherwise) do your skin a favour and throw them out! like right now! Switch to CoverFX, your skin will thank you :)

MemberMember
(@billz7)

Posted : 10/17/2012 10:12 am

Girls trust me I know how you feel. It feels like a never ending battle, it really does.

I'm not saying my face is perfect right now, but the pimples lessen by each month. I still get some pimples here and there but they aren't as insane as they were before and are really really small. What I am most happiest about is finally clearing the right side of my face. I haven't had a new pimple in that area in about a week and it's giving my face some time to heal, thank god.

Hang in there. I honestly don't think Diane35 users will see the full results of the pill until month 6. For me right now my acne is manageable. 1 new pimple did pop up on my forehead (which really depressed me because I NEVER get pimples on my forehead) but it's extremely small and is almost gone already.

When I first went onto the pill my face literally went CRAZY and it seemed like no matter what I did nothing seemed to help control these insane breakouts and massive pimples. One thing I did find that really helped my face was not wearing any makeup when I'm not going anywhere, (so at home.) It's helped those nasty red marks left after acne fade quicker and I don't get as many breakouts. I don't really have a life at the moment, so it's easy for me to go home and take off all my makeup. Of course I wear it when I got to school or go out, but yeah when I'm home I don't wear anything.

Anyways, I am rambling. I am going to keep looking at your log because it's nice to see your experience! So keep updating. smile.png ps. your acne can't be THAT bad if you are a model! jeez girl. <3

Hey everyone, I just came across this thread, and thought I'd post. I know it's over a year old, but I'm currently going through this struggle and it means a lot to read about someone else's experience. I just started Diane 35 and am about 3 weeks in, my skin looks bad... it's just broken out everywhere, little bumps, cysts, scabs, redness, scarring, hyperpigmentation, soreness, pain, it's a DISASTER. It's really discouraging to hear that it's going to take at LEAST 3 months for it to START working on my skin... but I don't really have any other option because I've tried everything else...

I just thought I'd give my 2 cents in saying that if you still have acne, and are using MAC makeup (foundation or otherwise) do your skin a favour and throw them out! like right now! Switch to CoverFX, your skin will thank you :)

Hi allesandra how's dianette working for you , how far are you in ?

I wear mac studio fix fluid and Im thinking of changing but I'm not sure what to change too ! As I need the same kind of coverage airbrushed look it gives me

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/17/2012 3:46 pm

I am on Diane 35 (which I think is the same as Dianette, it's just named differently in Canada than in the US...) I'm about 4 months in I think, going on 5 in Nov, and I'm seeing some improvement! less breakouts, but my skin still gets the really nasty blackheads all over (those don't really go away, if anything I feel like maybe I've gotten more of them?) but overall I think my skin is improving! I've also started Spironolactone which my dermatologist reccommended to use WITH the Diane 35. This is supposed to be an androgen blocker because my acne is all hormonal (too much male hormones). So I think it's doing OK. I mean my skin is still far from perfect, but there are days where my forehead looks pretty clear! I just have the majority on my cheeks/chin now (and for a while my chin was clear 2) so I hope it's going to get better...

Yeah MAC makeup is not designed to be good for your skin... don't believe ANYONE who tells you otherwise. Now, it's not hard to achieve the same airbrushed look with coverfx smile.png I would need to see your skin to do a proper consultation (I'm a makeup artist) but If you have A LOT of redness all over, then use either the naturalfx liquid foundation all over with a foundation brush, and then touch-up spots with the total coverage coverfx foundation (compact) with a small concealer brush and set with settingfx powder (translucent, and even the new matte one!), OR you could use the total coverage cover fx foundation (compact) with their 160 brush (white dense head) and pat/swirl that all over in a VERY THIN layer, and then again, touch up spots with a small concealer brush using the same product. This can also be set with settingfx powder (translucent) or the powderfx (which will give you even MORE coverage) or the mattefx which is a pressed lightly coloured blotting powder.

My current routine (because my skin is more like healing scabs) is to use tiny amounts of the naturalfx patting with my finger on the really red areas and just blending it out that way and then just setting it with a little mattefx or powderfx. This is what I do for school, when I don't want full-coverage. When I need to go to work, I do this, and then follow up the naturalfx with the coverfx and a concealer brush and literally conceal all the spots that way until I'm happy with the coverage and then set it with either mattefx or powderfx. Usually when I go for the full-coverage look I use the powderfx, because it helps make everything even and really gives the airbrushed finish. Someone actually asked me the other day what I use because my face looked airbrushed! LOL the customer was like "your face doesn't even look real! like in a good way!" I was slightly amused... if only they knew what was underneath...

Anyways, if you have any questions feel free to contact me smile.png I may be posting a few more updated videos to my youtube channel, because right now there are only old ones, and I feel like they are no longer relevant.

I know you are probably skeptical about changing over your makeup, but you should do yourself a favour and look at all the terrible ingredients in the MAC foundations... In fact, the guy who designed the colour pigments for MAC is the same guy who now works for coverfx wink.png so you should DEFINITELY not have a hard time finding your colour!

If you need any help, let me know!

MemberMember
(@billz7)

Posted : 10/19/2012 10:12 am

I can't really afford cover fx at the moment and I'm from uk , is revlon any good ?

MemberMember
(@yram)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:29 pm

HEi Girls.,

I started diane when i was 14y.o....

too early () yah ryt)

Anyway heres my story...

when i was in philippines and taking dieane 14 to 22 y.o i never got terrible acnes!!!

maybe i got 1 once in a year... then oppssss when i hav to travel and leave here in norway i only brought with me 6 packs and after 6 months ,i hav to change to other contraceptive (which is plaster) then after 3days of using fucking plaster its started to breakoutz., and its direct zombooo!!! so big and so many... it seems like its attacking me...! i cant help but crying because my fucking doctor says diance is not available in norway... so after 2months i cant hold with the plaster anymore and stop august 2012... so i don't use any contraceptive until now., and my days been full of tearss..... its 2013 january now, and there was no days that i cant receive new zomboo breakouts..!

yesterday i heard that diane is already available in pharmacy and i cant wait to take it.... ill see if it will protect my face again like my teens dayss.....

ill update next month.. and i will keep on reading this site... tinydan.gif