Notifications
Clear all

Spiro

MemberMember
(@amy91)

Posted : 11/01/2011 11:45 pm

Feebedel, I saw your pic before, ur skin was almost flawless, really good results. Sorry to hear that ur having flare up, I'm experiencing the same right now. It;s weird to me,'cuz I've been clear for a month ( no new pimples at all), but last weekend I got 2 cysts, as I upped my dose to 75mg. I don't know whats up either, tomorrow I'll have an appt with my derm. Have u ever experienced flare ups becoz of the change of your dosage and in the middle of the treatment ( i've been on Spiro for 3 months)???

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 11/14/2011 11:21 pm

RAWR. My face is still kinda the same. It's like mild acne I guess... I have these like three tiny tiny white bumps on my left jaw cheek. You can't really see them but it's annoying me and I'm waiting for them to flair up...

I feel like I have some spots where I pick at little white heads that don't need to be picked at and I make them worse. They scab and get crusty. I need to stop. Crap.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 11/20/2011 8:47 pm

Okkkk I stopped using the azelex cream on my face and really... my face seems to be better for it. It really just dried out my skin a lot. I've just been spot treating my skin with zit zapper stuff my doc gave me and moisturizing. So far I think my face looks better and not as angry. my face would be all scabby/dry and stuff. I also have been really busy and out of town and haven't had time to pick or anything which is good. I think that's helping too...

Face is looking good right now. A bit better than before. REally before my face wasn't BAD it just looked worse because of the azelex and stuff... if that makes sense.

Feebedel, I saw your pic before, ur skin was almost flawless, really good results. Sorry to hear that ur having flare up, I'm experiencing the same right now. It;s weird to me,'cuz I've been clear for a month ( no new pimples at all), but last weekend I got 2 cysts, as I upped my dose to 75mg. I don't know whats up either, tomorrow I'll have an appt with my derm. Have u ever experienced flare ups becoz of the change of your dosage and in the middle of the treatment ( i've been on Spiro for 3 months)???

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 12/13/2011 5:35 pm

Ugh. I have like my first cystic zit in a long time. It's right by my mouth. I also have another zit on my upper lip. The kind I used to get that take forever to go away. Really irritated. My face hasn't been like this in a long time. I home my medicine is still working and I"m just having a bad run right now. Stupid hard lump in my face. I wonder if I should call the derm if it keeps getting worse.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 01/15/2012 10:54 pm

Alrighty. Six months has come and gone so I think I'm done posting on here. I dunno if anyone reads it anymore but whatever. My face has been fine for quite sometime. I had the one gross zit and after that it really has been clear. So in conclusion I recommend Spironolactone for people who are looking for a solution for hormonal/cystic acne!!!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hopefulgirl123)

Posted : 02/09/2012 2:22 pm

Thanks for posting so much feebedel. I'm almost one month into 100mg spironolactone. My face definitely isn't perfect, but I have noticed I am wayyy less oily! I'm still hopeful.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:37 pm

I hope everyone who tries Spiro has luck with it. It worked for me... but not anymore. My acne has come back. And I"m really sad. My chin is an absolute wreck. I'm up to 200mg of Spiro but it doesnt seem to do much. Really bummed.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/09/2012 12:07 am

I hope everyone who tries Spiro has luck with it. It worked for me... but not anymore. My acne has come back. And I"m really sad. My chin is an absolute wreck. I'm up to 200mg of Spiro but it doesnt seem to do much. Really bummed.

Are you using the brand name Aldactone? Or a generic? In rare cases a generic does not work as well for some people because the filler ingredients are different. I noticed this on birth control, I did better on the brand name Ortho Tri Cyclen than on the generic.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 09/11/2012 7:05 pm

I'm on generic, but would that work and then suddenly stop working? Or just never really work well?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/11/2012 10:30 pm

I'm on generic, but would that work and then suddenly stop working? Or just never really work well?

It just depends. Sometimes you can get a bad batch of a drug. I noticed this once when I was on Finacea. Although it was the brand-name was mixed right there at Walgreens, one of the tubes I got just didn't seem to do anything. When I got the refill, I could feel it working again as normal.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 09/12/2012 8:52 pm

I mean I just got a refill about two weeks ago... we'll see. Maybe it'll help but I doubt it.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 10/07/2012 10:54 pm

Alright folks, I'm on Spiro and Doxy now to see if I can clear up this weird white head situation. I don't really get cysts a lot, but I have like normal hormonal mild acne. I just wish I wasn't on all this crap!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/09/2012 10:06 pm

Alright folks, I'm on Spiro and Doxy now to see if I can clear up this weird white head situation. I don't really get cysts a lot, but I have like normal hormonal mild acne. I just wish I wasn't on all this crap!

Don't give up. Hormonal issues are nasty buggers. Look into low progesterone / estrogen dominance if spiro just doesn't work for you.

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 11/09/2012 4:57 pm

I can't take anything with estrogen, apparently, since I have auras, I'm like 19 times more likely to have a stroke. BUT my face is really doing well. I actually dropped to 100 mg of spiro and 100mg of doxy and things are going well!

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 03/18/2013 11:50 pm

Still nothing to update since my last posting. I've been on Spiro since August 2011 and it's still working well for me. I think my dose was too high and my periods are more regular now which is good. But yeah, I have mild to no acne. My skin is smooth and I just have have a little scaring but nothing bad. I hope it stays this way!

I hope this log helps people. So far I'm a success story, but its an ongoing journey.

Also, ask me anything.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@mommabear)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:26 am

Yah! So glad you kicked acne but!

I would like to ask you if your periods became regular?

My daughter is still spotting and having periods every two weeks. Hopefully this will work itself out cause I don't like the idea of adding birth control along with the spiro.

Thanks and congratulations!

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 07/16/2013 10:42 pm

My periods are not regular, but they never were before Spiro either. I did have the period every two weeks when my dose was higher, now it's more of a normal cycle, flow and duration.

Also, still clear. The end of this month marks 2 years! How time flies!

MemberMember
(@feebedel)

Posted : 05/28/2014 11:20 am

Three years on Spiro... Still works fairly well Still have flair ups, but no crazy cystic acne. I haven't posted in a year, but I'm looking to ween myself off the medication. I may start to reblog should I start doing this.

MemberMember
(@kirks)

Posted : 07/01/2014 5:28 pm

Hey Feebedel,

Thank you for sharing your journey. I am currently on day 50 of taking Spiro along with 120mg of doxy (I take 100mg Spiro), and I am so depressed. I seem to still have cysts all along my jawline and neck! I can't believe that it spread to my neck. Chin as well, with some flare-ups on my forehead and cheeks as well. It is so defeating, I am struggling trying to keep hope. Reading this helped--thank you. I hope that things are still going well for you!