Notifications
Clear all

Starting Dianette

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/07/2011 8:31 pm

so a girl on here kept a diary of how she used dianette and how it was helping her on a weekly basis.

I found this massively helpful and it gave me some confidence in using the pill after hearing of her success. Im now going to do the same so that i can see if the pill has improved my skin, and anyone else who's thinking of using dianette can also see how its working for me

my skin is the worst that its ever been in my life, extremely inflamed and irritated, and if this pill can clear my skin it can clear anyones. lets see what happens....

Its currently day 2 of dianette:

skin has had a couple of new breakouts just today, so no joy so far :(

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/08/2011 11:34 am

Day 3

I was advised by my doctor to use benzol peroxide once a week as well as using the differin gel, so i did this last night before going to bed. This meant that this morning my skin was red and blotchy, so was pretty disheartening, although i havent had any new breakouts today, so at least theres that!

skin doesnt seem to have improved from the pill just yet, but i realize its early days still

Im supposed to be doing a photo shoot in august so I really hope my skin has improved by then, I dont want to have to cancel something else due to my rubbish skin!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/09/2011 6:43 am

Day 4

Ive had a couple of new break outs so thats really annoyed me

I really don't get it, I eat well, drink loads of water, get as much sleep as I can and take care of my skin.... my friends do none of this and have flawless skin?! so unfair! i hate my genes!

guess we'll have to see what tomorrow brings, but so far the pill has not helped me :(

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/09/2011 4:50 pm

still day 4 but just wanted to note that ive had further breakouts throughout the day, so this isnt good :(

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/10/2011 6:40 pm

day 5

was actually pretty shocked that the breakouts i had yesterday werent there this morning :/

i got a couple on my chin later on in the evening, but the ones on the rest of my face are clearing up, which is cool because im not used to the ones on the rest of my face, whereas my chin has been carnage my whole life so i can deal with that

hopefully tomorrow will bring more good news but im not gonna get my hopes up too soon

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/11/2011 8:22 pm

Day 6

skin seems to be staying clear on my cheeks and forehead now, the scars from recent breakouts on forehead, cheeks and sides of face are slowly but surely fading. As no new breakouts have happened thus far in this areas it seems to be allowing my face a chance to heal which is good news

skin around mouth/chin is still a problem, although one side seems to be clearing more than the other where there is a particular cluster of acne that is being quite stubborn.

Ive been using a little benzol peroxide 2.5 on problem spots as although it makes them red from the irritation, it does do a good job of stopping the spot in its tracks and drying it out, which is helping a little

i should probably also note that i am making sure im drinking at least 4 litres of water a day, and ive changed my diet from the first day of being on the pill, avoiding foods like white pasta, white bread etc and only eating fish, chicken and vegetables

i know that what we eat isnt directly linked, but I want to give my body a fighting chance of beating this thing, so Im treating it the best way that I can

hopefully more progress tomorrow!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/12/2011 8:26 pm

day 7

had a couple of small breakouts today that really annoyed me, but they seem to have calmed down now that ive washed my face again etc

it doesnt help that i work 12 hour shifts in a boiling hot kitchen :(

having a lot of trouble with skin flaking due to BP, so i bought some jojoba oil to add to my moisturizer, hopefully this helps and wont cause breakouts, although according to dan its non-comedogenic....

bring on another week!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/14/2011 7:14 am

didnt get a chance to right yesterday so im gonna do day 8 and then day 9 at the end of today

so ive had a couple of break outs again but nothing majorly seriously

the jojoba oil is working well to control the flakiness, but i must admit it doesnt absorb well, making my face look a little oily which isnt really the look i go for haha

id say maybe just try one small drop in your moisturizer after youve got the flakiness out the way so that you dont end up looking like youve slathered yourself in cooking oil for the rest of the day, but i really dont think its caused any problems break out wise with my skin as it doesnt feel greasy, just makes my face look quite shiny

i'll post again later to tell you about more results

my skin does seem to be getting better but im not sure if its because of the pill, i dont think it would be better if i wasnt doing anything else except take the pill

x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/16/2011 7:43 pm

havent been able to post the past couple of days because work had tired me out completely and finished late and started early but its not good news

day 9 seemed to be continuing the clear-ness so that was good

and today seemed to be going well

but then while i was at work i had 2 major break outs, on each side of my face where my previous spots were

also had some break outs on my chin

looks like its back to square one :(

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/18/2011 1:54 am

couldnt log onto here for some reason last night so i'll do last nights today

day 10

It seems that the area around my mouth which I have always had trouble with is getting better, while the sides of my face, an area where i have never had trouble with is becoming carnage. i hope it gets better soon because its like an old problem is being replaced by a new one :(

i'll write again later to see what happens today.....

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/18/2011 8:59 pm

day 11

skin went into total meltdown today.

everything was fine until i had work this evening till like 1am, i started noticing a couple of small bumps popping up, before long they were proper spots and it put me in a crap mood for the rest of the night. i swear its my job sometimes, it gets so hot and sticky and it makes me so upset that i cant quit for another 3 months and thats when uni starts :( im going to have the worst skin ever for all the festivals next month, im going to have a shitty time and its all because of acne. i hate my parents for giving me this stupid condition. i feel like i cant talk to anyone about it, it ruins my life and stops me from being who i am inside.

its never going to get better is it, just going to keep playing the acne game, where things get better for a day or two, i get all excited and happy, then BAM back to square one :'(

i'll keep writing this thing but i dont see it getting any better

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/19/2011 9:40 am

day 11

writing early today because there have been further developments, but i'll write again later to add to todays post

so i still had break outs from yesterday which was pretty rubbish and put me in a bad mood

whats worse is in the 3 hours that i was at work i also gained a very tiny pimple on my left cheek. i dont care however small it is, knowing me that will be a full blown spot by the time i get back from work later on this evening.... i swear i really am losing patients now. Im taking 2 types of medication ( diannette and tablets for skin) and i use the BP, so why the hell is this not enough?!

i know its only day 11, but i really feel like nothing is working, my mouth looks like its clearing, then by the evening theres a new spot, my cheeks are just going sick with breakouts, when i rarely broke out here ever before, its like the problem is just spreading out across my face :(

i know it says in the what to expect bit that you'll break out during week 2 for moderate acne, but this is ridiculous! i cant wait till september when i can quit my job because working 12 hour shifts in a pub really isnt helping me. i just want to not have a job anymore so i can not have to leave the house ever.

such a sad day, im sick of feeling like this. its like having a cold that never goes away, just gets slightly better for an hour or two then gets worse all over again :(

MemberMember
(@en-be)

Posted : 06/19/2011 9:51 am

day 11

writing early today because there have been further developments, but i'll write again later to add to todays post

so i still had break outs from yesterday which was pretty rubbish and put me in a bad mood

whats worse is in the 3 hours that i was at work i also gained a very tiny pimple on my left cheek. i dont care however small it is, knowing me that will be a full blown spot by the time i get back from work later on this evening.... i swear i really am losing patients now. Im taking 2 types of medication ( diannette and tablets for skin) and i use the BP, so why the hell is this not enough?!

i know its only day 11, but i really feel like nothing is working, my mouth looks like its clearing, then by the evening theres a new spot, my cheeks are just going sick with breakouts, when i rarely broke out here ever before, its like the problem is just spreading out across my face :(

i know it says in the what to expect bit that you'll break out during week 2 for moderate acne, but this is ridiculous! i cant wait till september when i can quit my job because working 12 hour shifts in a pub really isnt helping me. i just want to not have a job anymore so i can not have to leave the house ever.

such a sad day, im sick of feeling like this. its like having a cold that never goes away, just gets slightly better for an hour or two then gets worse all over again :(

Dianette didn't work for me unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/19/2011 7:17 pm

end of day 11

further break outs. your damn straight im considering other options at week 2 dan.

i really am doing everything i should be doing, so this sucks.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/20/2011 4:31 am

day 12 (early)

ok so woke up this morning and had to get straight on here

breakouts that popped up yesterday on my cheeks disappeared over night : /

skin looks way clearer, old acne on cheeks is pealing, dry and inactive

i dont want to get my hopes up but this is crazy

also

photos from a couple of days ago, and then today, you can see how much less its inflamed etc

hope this continues and i dont have another relapse :)

x

post-104988-1308562079_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562104_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562117_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562129_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562144_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562079_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562104_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562117_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562129_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1308562144_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/21/2011 11:34 am

day 13

think i kinda ruined my progress from yesterday as i went to stay with my boyfriend while he was recording a band an hour away from my house

the facilities for washing were just gross so i decided that it would be best not to even go there and i would have to wait till i got home today

nothing has really kicked off on my face thus far, but i kinda know its coming, its not like i have good luck as it is and practically skipping a day is going to surface sooner or later :(

i'll write later xx

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/22/2011 7:15 pm

day 14

skin hasnt really gotten worse which was a nice surprise, hope im not speaking too soon there!

i have 2 active spots on my chin and one on my left cheek, hoping by tomorrow the benzol peroxide would have dried them out a bit though

starting week 3 of all this tomorrow, which is supposed to be when my skin clears more according to this site! excited!

x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/24/2011 5:54 am

15 day

so yesterday was pretty good, had no further breakouts, skin seems to be clearing a lot and just the scars are remaining, which doesnt bother me because i can cover this with makeup with little effort :)

btw im using Almay concealer that has salycic acid in it, so i dont feel as guilty about wearing it

im having more problems with the flakieness of my skin from the PB and pill right now, but the jojoba oil in my moisturizer is helping alot!

x

MemberMember
(@flycatcher)

Posted : 06/24/2011 6:28 am

Hey there,

I just started using dianette myself (only day 5) so it's really encouraging to read this diary. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/24/2011 9:10 pm

day 16

had two breakouts on my chin today which was kinda annoying, but it wasnt like " oh my god back to square one" sort of thing, i put my bp on when i came home and hopefully things will have improved a little tomorrow

must admit that since my skin has been clearing ive been going a little easier on myself with the whole strict healthy eating thing, so changing my diet slightly may be a culprit ha

does go to show though, without acne Id be pretty unhealthy as Id have no urgent reason not to be, so who knows... maybe acne is adding years to my life haha

i'll write tomorrow again to write about progress!

p.s. Hi Flycatcher! hope things are going well for you! glad to hear my diary is helping someone a bit too, was convinced no one was really interested in it bar me haha!

x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/25/2011 5:39 am

day 17 (early)

still had 2 breakouts from the last couple of days, but fortunately thats all ive had

everything else is currently inactive, so hopefully by later on that will still be the case!

i'll write later on tonight

xx

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/26/2011 12:13 pm

day 17

break outs on chin dried and there are only slight scars there now which is good news

sides of face seem to be getting better, then randomly getting one active spot right in the centre of it all, so thats pretty annoying

still trying to find the right balance between drying out the acne and moisturizing so that my skin isnt flaky as hell, but its an ongoing battle i guess

ive literally been working since last monday and dont get a day off till tomorrow, so id say that my skin isnt doing too bad considering ive been in a boiling hot kitchen for 12 hours every day, which used to be hell for my skin and id come home with at least 1 new spot every day

i gotta say though for anyone following this, i dont think id be making half as much progress without the BP regimen, so if your not doing this or havent tried it, id say its well worth the first horrible week of the redness/stingyness because it totally dries out your skin and kills the acne that you already have

i'll write later to make of note of what state working so much has left my face in xxx

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/26/2011 8:10 pm

last post was supposed to be day 18!

still day 18

and there are photos, oh how exciting!!

the lighting isnt awesome so you cant really see the full detail of my skin, but basically everything is turning inactive and the inflamation is wayyy down, its still an everyday fight and the slightest wrong move could send it into a downward spiral, but generally im making a lot of progress and im pleased with the results

good luck to anyone else fighting acne!

xxx

post-104988-1309136942_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136890_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136858_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136880_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136858_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136880_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136890_thumb.jpg

post-104988-1309136942_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/28/2011 7:47 pm

day 19-20

ok so skin is still gradually getting better and scars and starting to be less red and nasty

bit of a problem though, i didnt realize how much of my bp i'd used and its pretty much ran out, i went and ordered some more from the chemist today, but it could take two days and i have like none : /

i can probably get just about enough out for tomorrow morning, so im going to go ask if i can hurry it up somehow if they dont have it already tomorrow

bit worried though because i didnt use as much tonight as i usually do, so worried what im gonna wake up to tomorrow as ive made so much progress :(

night x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/29/2011 6:53 pm

day 21

seriously pissed off today, just got home from work, have a bunch of new break outs and i know its because i barely used any bp this morning because i was running out

went to the doctors and they didnt have any bp left so i have to wait till tomorrow, ive just used the very last of it and that was hardly anything :(

tomorrow morning i have no bp at all, i know that im going to break out really badly and my boyfriend is coming to stay with me for 2 weeks as of tomorrow

i have to pick the bp up at half 5, then go straight to work, then pick him up from the bus station straight after

tomorrow its going to be hell, i was doing so so well and all my hard work has been undone in a day. i really fucking hate my life right now, back to square one at the worst possible point :'(