Notifications
Clear all

Tips On Getting A Healthy, Acne Free Face And Gently Repairing Scars/ Skin Damage

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/19/2011 9:18 am

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: Current Regime - May 2013

It's worked miracles for me, I highly recommend it...(NB if you have active acne, first wash with sea salt and water to rid the acne and then do the following)

A) Gently cleanse with the gentle cleansing lotion from New Directions i.e. www.newdirections.com.au

B) Air dry face

C) Apply Beta Glucan liquid from New Directions, let it seep in for 2 minutes

D) Then Apply B5 from New Directions (it's super thick so just tap it gently around your face) on top of the Beta Glucan

E) Then Sprinkle B3 Niacinamide powder on your clean palm (just a little bit like 2 or 3 shakes of a salt shaker or 1/10 to 1/8 of a teaspoon in the beginning, but then ease off to a few skakes latter, as B3 can lighten skin and at high levels isn't great for your liver, but otherwise, it's a super nutrient your body and skin needs to be healthy - it also stops acne). Then apply a generous amount Aloe Vera + Marine Collagen Moisturizer from New Directions onto your palm and mix it with the B3. Apply the mixture liberally to your face and neck/ decollatage .

Only use B5 + B3 in store bought dermatological products as they can be too strong for the skin individually and damage your skin otherwise..

F) For individual whiteheads/ cysts, apply 100% essential tea tree oil and 100% essential lavender oil...If you have really active acne; try applying the tea tree oil onto your entire face for a week to get rid of acne bacteria/ fungus etc. The lavender oil is far too drying for the entire face, so use in only on individual pustules etc.

G) Optional: Sit in a steaming warm detox bath with epsom salts for 45 minutes to 1 hour with the above on your face...it really seeps into the open pores. After, just wash off and reapply fresh amount.

H) I also add the Retin A/ Steiva A .05% with copper peptides to the mix every 2 or 3 night. I now skin roll once a week or every two weeks. (see clearskincare,com.au). I'm stopped using glycolic acid peels for now (at least 4 - 6 months) as I went overboard with it and need to repair my skin. But my skin is looking better now than it has in 10 years!

H) 2 x 30 minute massages (firmly yet gentle) with one middle finger while using other hand to hold a handheld mirror up to good light so that I target all scars/ flaws. (I only use beta glucan & my natural skin oil for this...).

I) Weekly skin needling session with beta glucan.

J) Store all your products in the fridge to keep them fresh.

~ Peace ~ smile.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Key tips:

Clear acne:

A) Eat alkaline vegan, wholefoods, mostly raw, organic, unprocessed natural foods: Lots of fruit & vegetables (i.e. strawberries, lemons, limes, avocado, carrot, baked potato with the jacket) and fresh juices with carrot, beetroot, apple. And Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, coriander, continental parsley etc. Superfoods like unhulled Tahini, spirulina, flaxseed oil, 100% virgin pure organic coconut oil, chia seeds, quinoa, super greens, lentils, chickpeas, tempeh, kale, chlorella.

B) TAKE A VERY good & complete multi vitamin/mineral.

C) Detox: i.e. Drink clay detox drink for a week as directed; take 1 charcoal tablet (see health food store) for a week; go to a sauna and sweat out toxins every week for a month; exercise every second or 3rd day for 1/2 hour and then at least weekly; eat coriander/ continental parsely salad with fresh lemon juice, mixed nuts/ seeds, flaxseed oil, sea salt, hummus. Also, if you can, try this green super food supplement (or equivalent) containing chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass that you can place in a glass of fresh juice daily. It's great for the skin and health and detoxes your body: https://www.synergyn...per-greens.html

D) Drink only natural alkaline spring water or fresh fruit/ vegetable juice.

E) Treat acne with natural sea salt wash with water once a day until clear. Place 100% Australian tea tree oil all over face daily to prevent break-out. Add 100% essential lavender oil to individual whiteheads (too drying to place all over skin).

F) Meditate, get sunshine daily - just don't burn (vitamin D without sunscreen), sleep in a cool and dark room and get at least 8 hours of regular sleep nightly. Do things that make you happy smile.png Surround yourself with positive, caring and supportive people!

G) MAY 2012: DRINK SUPER GREEN JUICES DAILY WITH CHLORELLA, SPIRULINA, BARLEY GRASS (AND OPTIONAL WHEAT GRASS) See https://www.synergyn...per-greens.html

Clear acne scarring & rough skin texture - moderate to severe: see http://www.clearskin...clinics.com.au/

A) Once you have gotten the acne under contol, start using glycolic acid peels at least weekly for a month or two. Start low i.e. 15% or 20%. If you have mature or very damaged skin, work your way over 6 months to 25%. Don't go higher or you will burn your skin. I went up to 50% and made new scars on my cheek! However, it did help my molted, severly damaged forehead skin. So stick with glycolic acid 25% or under.

B) Start skin rolling/ needling daily or weekly. Only on damaged skin and acne free skin either night/ day or both. Just don't over do it. Give your skin a rest for a month to remodel itself and build collegen. Use Steiva-A or Retin-A at night or every other night i.e. .05% (along with Clear Skin Care's Clear Skin formulation with 2% hydroquonine...use only if you have severe brown spots/ discolouration, and only use a maximum for 2-3 months. This is a toxic substance) USE a little sprinkle of B3 NIACIMIDE in your moisturizer i.e. Aloe Vera with Marine Collagen for pigmentation (get them both from www.newdirections.com.au). In the morning, gently skin roll/ needle and add copper serum by Clear Skin Care. Your skin will go red but after one week of using the Steive-A and Copper serum with skin needling, your skin will start to remodel, pores will shrink and scars will start to heal over DRAMATICALLY! Keep doing this for a number of months until skin completely heals. You can use Retin-A/ Steiva-A at night and Copper Serum in the morning every so often as general maintenence.

C) If you have deep scars or wrinkles, get the smallest saftey pin you can. Wash it under hot water. Then on a clean face, use a mirror in good natural light to start pricking your deep scars and wrinkles gently but enough to let very small droplets of blood to form. Leave a little space between the pricking so you don't prick the entire site. This allows some skin to remain in tact and encourage better, more even healing. Do this when you have 3 days free so the small scabs can form and naturally fall off. Don't pick off the small scabs or you wil cause more scarring.

D) Use beta glucan Hyaluronic acid as a daily moisteriser. Or look for a natural, non-clogging light oil/ 100% natural vegan moisturiser.

E) Use lots of pure 100% vitamin e under your eyes to prevent wrinkles/ heal wrinkles. Use morning and night and you won't get under eye wrinkles!

Hope this helps you all. It has helped me tremendously.

[NB My benzoyle peroxide 'abuse' has made segments of my skin red & blotchy. I'm still trying to fix these without the use of laser. Hopefully after a few months the Steiva-A will start to heal my skin completely and the redness with completely vanish. Will keep you updated.]

F) Posted this elsewhere: BETA GLUCAN LIQUID FROM NEW DIRECTIONS IS A MUST!!!! See 100 mls http://shop.newdirec...a-Glucan-Liquid (NOTE: also17mls available)

Please try 100% beta glucan. It conditions and heals your skin AMAZINGLY. I got mine from www.newdirections.com.au.

Beta Glucan from www.newdirections.com.au is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It heals the skin from damage and rapidly strengthens the epidermis. (It also helps to heal redness/ rosacea and hospitals use it on burns patients for 1st and 2nd degree burns to heal the skin and regrow it.

Lastly, here's a blurb from a Doctor from this rosacea support group website re the efficacy of beta glucan topical:

"Hi Group,

I have put a lot of time trying to figure out what products used for burn victims might have medical applications for rosacea. So far, at the top of the list is the prescriptin strenght growth factor creams clinically test on rosacea sufferers. Excellent results. Top notch.

I have been visiting the Emergency Room at some of our sister hospitals (Clarian Health). They are using Beta-Glucan on first and second degree burns (not third). This is used for several reason:

1. An extremely potent anti-inflammatory

2. Very potent soothing qualities and abolishes burning sensations

3. Cell renewal and epidermal thickner (just as good as the 20 growth factors).

No studies on rosacea sufferers yet. But it is available. I would wait because rosacea trials by independent laboratories are on the way as they see a huge market with our disorder. I really like this product. Facial plastic surgeons have the most experience with this product and can actually show you how it immediately calms down skin redness post resurfacing procedures by placing it on one half of the face for just a few days. This will be a part of rosacea recovery in the future. Below is a short blurb.

Today, Combining history and science, oat beta-glucan renewal cell complex is available for use in both medical and cosmetic applications. Originally formulated for use in intensive burn therapy, oat beta-glucan isused worldwide to aid in the burn recovery process. From burn therapy to cosmetic surgery, oat beta-glucan is used by plastic surgeons and dermatologists to ease discomfort and assist healing of facial resurfacing procedures such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Today, the anti-aging oat beta-glucan renewal cell complex is a direct extension of the medical benefits derived from this proven technology."

You can also take it in capsule form. It helps cure everything from acne to cancer!!! See Beta13DGlucan.org: A Reliable Source of Information on Beta Glucan.

*Also, if you can, try this green super food supplement (or equivalent) containing chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass that you can place in a glass of fresh juice daily. It's great for the skin and health and detoxes your body: https://www.synergyn...per-greens.html

And here's another useful link that offers advice on what active ingredients help the skin. Good general information to help in educating your skin treatment choices: http://www.skinperfe...m/products.html

Lastly, I've not tried this brand myself, but the ingredients used in this brand sound excellent (and its creator seems to know what she's talking about). It's called Pure Skin Junkie. This might be a good brand to use longterm. I'm thinking of getting a few products myself. I will update if I do use them and give an appraisal. NB Check-out the before and after photos...it shows good results: http://www.pureskinjunkie.com/

1 Aloe Vera and Marine Collagen Rejuvenating Moisturizer $7.15 (100mls) http://shop.newdirec...=41505&x=35&y=4

2 B5 ($8.80) 17 g http://shop.newdirec...53163&x=40&y=11

3 B3 Niacinamide15 g ($7.70) http://shop.newdirec...=53155&x=49&y=8

4. Gentle Skin Cleansing Lotion $4.40 (100mls) http://shop.newdirec...=41063&x=58&y=6

"The B3 Niacinamide and the Aloe Vera and Marine Collagen from New Directions helped my severly damaged forehead skin (which looked like old leather at it's worst stage) was depleted of nutrients and blood supply since it atrophied from using Benzoyl Peroxide (and other toxic acne products prior to being vegan and eating very healthy) over many years. The skin rolling helped greatly along with the copper peptides, Retin A, vitamin e, hyaluronic acid, glycolic peels etc. However, NOTHING compares to the niacinamide (in conjunction with the Aloe Vera & Marine Collagen Moisturizer). I place a generous amount of moisturizer on my palm and the spinkle about 1/5 to 1/4 of a teaspoon of the B3 niacinamide to it and mix in my palm with my finger and slather it on (NOTE: you have to watch it go on for 1/2 hour in the mirror as little white patches appear where you need to add more moisturizer as the skin tends to drink it in...and the B3 niacinamide gently brightens and lightens your skin too...). Just keep a hand mirror beside you to check every 5 or 10 minutes over the hour to ensure that you moisturize those white patches so they don't lighten that area too much.

However, this stuff is MAGIC to sun damaged, chemical damaged, leathery coarse skin, damaged skin, orange peel skin, acne damaged skin, collagen loss skin, rosacea, red skin, pigmentation, rolling scars etc. Along with the Aloe vera + Marine Collagen moisterizer (which also contains shea butter, vitamin e, almond oil etc), it has literallly transformed my skin before my eyes. In my case, I do need to use a lot of it. And now, my skin condition's better now than it was over 10 years ago!!! I TOTALLY recommend this stuff...I also place the the B5 directly onto my skin (I tap it on because it's thick and tacky), and then add the rest. Btw, I store all these things in a paper bag in the fridge to keep them fresh.

Here are some links about Niacinamide:

http://www.skintypes...w=article&id=74

http://immortalhair....ing-photodamage

In future, I am going to keep adding nutrients/ active ingredients ... There are so many things to try now that I have seen concrete personal evidence that potent vitamins/ natural active ingredients can do WONDERS for the skin in concentrated forms. I always knew intuitively that my skin was "hungry" for nutrients but I wasn't sure what ones and didn't realize that direct topical applications of these nutrients could deliver such stunning results in a short amount of time. This is a life changing revelation for me. I hope you continue searching for solutions too...they are out there, and clear, healthy skin is within reach..."

PS SIT IN A WARM Steaming detox bath (with sea salt or epsom salts) for 45 minutes to 1 hour with a generous amount of beta glucan + B5 + Aloe Vera + Marine Collagen Moisturizer + B3 on your face (NOTE be careful with mixing the B3 powder well to the moisturizer and add about 1/8 to 1/5 of a teaspoon of B3 NB it can lighten your skin so test it first to see how much you need)...this will seep into your skin and work MIRACLES.!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY smile.png After bath, just wash it off and and apply a fresh amount to your skin for bedtime.

Update: Sept 2012:

Quick Summary of Key Recommendations for clear acne free & healthy skin:

A) Start on the inside:

Alkaline, organic, raw vegan diet, gluten free & wheat free, anti-candida

1. Go raw organic wholefood vegan (no dairy, no meat, no junk food, no or minimum processed food, no bread, no pasta)

2) Have a gluten free diet & anti-candida diet (no wheat, no oats, no rye, no barley, keep sugar to minimum)

3) Eat lots of fresh superfoods raw in fresh salads with fresh lemon juice & organic virgin olive oil (sea salt) like kale, red cabbage, carrots, beetroot, fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro/ coriander, mint etc, avocado, red oinion, cos lettuce etc and nuts/ lentils/ chickpeas etc

4) Eat brown rice, wild black rice, quinoa or baked potatoes for your main meal with veggies & tempeh or lentil or chickpeas or white beans or mixed nuts etc (Also, you can either make or buy quality tahini & hummus too, and use ample spices & herbs like turmeric, cumin, mint etc )

5) Eat gluten free & wheat free breakfast like amaranth cereal or quinoa with fruits/ nuts and almond milk

6) Eat a handful or two of unsalted mixed nuts daily like brazil, walnut, peanut, almond pistascio etc (make sure you're not allergic to them)

7) Eat a handful or two of mixed seeds daily i.e. sunflower, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds etc

8) Have omega 3 in your diet daily via one or a combination of the following: linseeds, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil, DHA seaweed derived supplements (brand: DEVA), chia seeds etc

9) Have a tablespoon of chlorophyl, chlorella or teaspoon of spirulina daily

10) ***Take a good vegan multivitamin (recommended brand DEVA). You can also take a vegan B complex vitamin which has B12 (or you can also use nutritional de-activated yeast daily which supplies B12 for vegans) for an extra boost. NOTE: You need a daily source of iodine in your diet, so it should be derived via the multivitamin or kelp supplements. Sea vegetables are also very nutritious and contain good sources of iodine. Iodized salt is okay, however, pure sea salt or himalayan salt is better for you (but might not have ideal levels of iodine, so you should seek a better source of iodine).

11) Take 1-3 tablespoons of 100% virgin organic coconut oil daily in a warm drink like organic cocoa with water or herbal tea like dandelion or chamomile or peppermint etc

12) Drink purified still mineral water only, stay away from toxic tap water

13) Eat lots of fruits & berries daily

14) Eat lots of veggies daily and try juicing daily with superjuices like beetroot/ carrot, apple

15) Eat lots of leafy greens daily like spinach, kale, cos lettuce, flat leafed parsley, mint, cilantro/ coriander etc.

16) For extra boost, you can take a zinc supplement with betacaroteen.

17) Stay away from coffee, tea, soda etc...drink only pure mineral water, fresh juices or herbal teas/ organic cocoa with water etc or green/ whte tea on occasion...

18) You can eat organic, vegan dark chocolate 75-85% cocoa daily...it's packed with iron & magnesium..

19) Stay away from vinegars, processed tomato sauce etc

20) For savory treats, you can have popcorn with sea salt / and or lemon juice or a little curry powder.

21) Do not fry and NEVER use a microwave. Buy a toaster oven if needed or bake in a regular stove.

22) Lightly steam food on occasion if required.23)

23) If you suffer from regular stomach compliants, take good quality peppermint tablets like mintec or take non-dairy probiotic tablets (otherwise, drink peppermint herbal tea often and eat lots of fresh mint in your salads).

24) Green super food supplement (or equivalent) containing chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass that you can place in a glass of fresh juice daily. It's great for the skin and health and detoxes your body: https://www.synergyn...per-greens.html

B) External:

1.Wash your skin only with water, preferably purified water

2. Go for 2-3 days without washing your skin or even longer, this helps heal the skin and return the healthy PH level on the skin's mantle

3. Wash body with pure vegetable soap like sandelwood etc

4. Get a non-toxic, natural vegan shampoo & conditioner (use sea salt too every once in a while too to disinfect & re-mineralize your hair)

5. Use a herbal (fluoride free) toothpaste, brush your teeth morning and before bed...try cleaning inside of cheeks & tongue gently too.

6. Use a natural gentle mouthwash like a few drops of organic wild oregano oil or few drops of **food grade** 3% hydrogen peroxide

7. For moderate/ severe active acne, wash skin gently with sea salt and then apply to wet skin crystal alum (crystal deodorant). This will disinfect the skin, dry the oil, and help heal it. Once the acne is under control after 1-3 months, STOP USING SEASALT WASHES & CRYSTAL ALUM AS IT'S DRYING. YOU NEED TO BE GENTLE WITH YOUR SKIN. DRY SKIN CAUSES SCARRING. So, wash only with water/ purified water once your acne is under control and use LAVENDER OIL as a spot treatment only and only use water to wash your face. If you need a moisterizer, use hyaluronic acid for oily/ young skin or organic virgin 100% coconut oil for dry or more mature/ scarred skin.

8. For skin over 30-35 or severely skin damaged skin, use beautician grade 25% glycolic acid skin peels every 2 or 4 weeks for a few months and then once every year for maintenence. Neutralize with sodium bicarbonate. Note, this might make you break out the first few times but it will eventually stop. Add hyaluronic acid or vitamin c serum afterwoods (see clearskin website). (NOTE: If you have severest acne, please see a dermatologist for a low TCA grade peel i.e. 5%- 15% ....DO NOT go any higher or you could damage the skin...and don't do this at home....this TCA skin peel is highly corrosive and will damage the skin if applied too long or wrong!!!

9. Place pure vitamin e under eyes daily to minimize wrinkles. Or use 100% virgin organic coconut oil.

10. For acne scarring/ severe red marks, you can try skin rolling. Note this takes up to a year or two to get maxmum results, but it's sure worth it! It's also less risky than laser and builds-up the skin and minimizers wrinkles longterm. Do this hygienically at home (i.e. to clean your roller before and after use, just use use hot water in a clean glass with a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and whisk the roller in it for a few minutes before rinsing in clean water...then allow it to naturally dry on clean tissue paper before applying it to clean dry skin. You can store it in the refrigerator in a clean container). Use it twice weekly for 2 weeks or a month, and then stop for a month or two to heal the skin. Appy vitamin c serum or copper serum (if inflamed with red) after rolling.

11. Only use non-toxic, organic, vegan make-up if required.

12. Fresh lime juice applied directly to skin is exellent for tired or dull skin. It's also good for stopping acne breakouts. It will make your skin GLOW with HEALTH!!!

13. 100% ORGANIC TEA TREE OIL (brand recommended: Thursday Plantation) is great to use to keep skin supple, hydrated and acne free. PLEASE TEST ON YOUR SKIN FIRST. It can be VERY POWERFUL and too strong for some skin types (i.e. you might need only a little if your skin is fragile or hyper sensitive). Test a small patch first for 24hrs. Personally, I apply it over my face, neck & decollatage at night and morning time (avoiding the eye area - I apply pure 100% vitamin e serum instead around my eyes) and have seen Tea Tree oil do WONDERS for my skin texture. It provides great skin conditioning at a cellular level, makes my skin cells turn over faster (i.e. I sometimes peel lightly after using it for several days at high concentrations), calms red pigmentation (left over from severe benzoyl peroxide damage) and it's proven to prevent/ stop skin cancer according to a university study. NOTE: Please use this powerful essentail oil sparingly once you have your skin condition under control. It's also great for burns, tinea, skin infections, insect bites, cold sores etc.

14. BETA GLUCAN LIQUID FROM NEW DIRECTIONS!!! SEE ABOVE: also B5, Aloe Vera + Marine Collagen Moisturizer, B3 niacinamide - all from www.newdirections.com

C) Exercise & Sunlight & Good Sleep:

1. Ensure you get regular yet gentle exercise daily for at least 15-45 minutes, like walking or swimming at the beach (stay away from chlorinated pools). Try and get into the fresh air often via a mountain walk, beach walk, park walk...breath deeply. You can also try yoga, dancing etc

2. Sleep in a well ventilated dark cool room. Make sure you get to bed before 9-10pm most nights and up before 7-9am. You should get between 7.5 to 10.5 hours per night. Let your body tell you what you need to feel great.

3. Get lots of direct sunlight DAILY for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour or more without getting burnt. Vitamin D is very important to health.

D) Detox:

For severe, stubborn acne, you need a major detox. Try one or a combination of these:

1. Clay bath (sacred or bentonite clay etc); clay mask or try edible clay from the health store in a drink for a week or two.

2. Activated charcoal tablets for a week or two.

3. Dandelion leaf & root tea.

4. Colloidal silver Sol Silver (super natural silver) -- it's non chemical derived & excellent quality & superior to collidal silver. Take internally as directed for a few weeks and apply topically.

5. Milkthistle tablets as directed for a week or two.

5. Raw vegan super juicing 3 times per day until acne clears (i.e. beetroot/ carrot/ kale/ apple/ berries/ chlorophyll/ spinach/ spirulina/ chlorella) etc.

6. Sweat regularly i.e. at least a few times per month! Through a good exercise workout or a quality sauna...there are some toxins that can only be released through the skin...remember to wash afterwards with sea-salt!

7. Fast once a week eating only organic grapes or organic apples and drinking purified spring water to leech the toxins from your body fat until skin clears.

E) Maintain emotional & mental wellbeing & stability

- Get inspired, do a course or activities that help you love yourself and your life!

- Have fun! Watch a comedy or see a standup comedian. Laugh daily smile.png

- Get spiritual. Join a church, meditation group etc and get connected to good, kind & caring people.

- Move away or break toxic relationships or habits. Only invite people into your life that make you feel good and inspire you to be a better person.

- Be kind to yourself. If you fall down 7 times, then get up 8 times...

- Have time away to listen to your inner voice and be true to yourself & hopes & joys

- Keep life simple. Be grateful for simple pleasures.

- Be proactive & positive. Create goals...go for them! But be happy whatever the outcome...love life & the journey...

- It's okay to have days when you need to heal & be alone. Nurture yourself. Go to a bookstore and read soul-nurturing books in the park or beach or in bed..

- Listen to uplifting music often.

- DECLUTTER & THROW OUT JUNK. SIMPLIFY & ORGANISE YOUR SPACE. MAKE IT SACRED & HYGIENIC.

- Surround yourself with things you find beautiful and uplifting.

- Try organic gardening or even plant a simple herb garden.

- Take your mind off yourself. Adopt a shelter pet FOR LIFE (if you love animals & are kind & responsible)...you can also volunteer at a shelter or another community group.

- Love yourself. Love your life. Love others. Be happy NOW!!! smile.png

IMPORTANT UPDATE: 8 Nov 2012 I have begun to erase my red marks & hyperpigmented (skin plus deeply moisterize my skin damaged skin so that it's 95% healed) by usingNIVEA CREME (IN THE BLUE TIN, GERMAN VERSION) .

Hi Everyone,

I'm posting this to help others 'gently' control their acne and rebuild the collagen in their face to address scarring/ skin damage.

NOTE: For highest potency detox tips ONLY for more severe acne vulgaris/ conglobata types see: http://www.acne.org/...t&p=3095354

My bio:

I have used benzoyl peroxide for a number of years and it TOTALLY ruined my face. It chemically burned it and had given it a damaged, dull, bumpy look. Basically, it damaged my skin cells. I advise that others stop using benzoyl peroxide as it will ruin their face eventually too. BP also stops working after a while and by then you've added awful, dull, aged, injured and damaged skin cells to your list of problems. Instead, try natural, healthy, less invasive and vitamin based practices to heal your acne.

Basically, treat your acne like a bad allergy to junk, artificial foods, toxic chemicals & products. Because essentially, you are allergic to the toxins in the environment and the foods you eat. Your body/ skin needs to heal by eating healing, nutritious foods and through becoming more alkaline. You also need to address the acne bacteria or fungus that you're skin is suffering from. NOTE: ALSO, SEE A DOCTOR FIRST TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE ANY FOOD OR CHEMICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL ETC ALLERGIES TO WHEAT, GLUTEN, NUTS, DUST ETC AND ADJUST YOUR DIET/ LIFESTYLE ACCORDINGLY.

Here's what's worked for me (i.e a healthy, natural diet & lifestyle). I hope you find it useful for you too.

TIPS FOR Controlling acne/ bacteria/ fungus:

1. Become a nutritionally healthy vegan (meat causes acne). Please research how to do this properly so you don't miss out on important vitamins and minerals like B12, B5, vitamin D (i.e. at least exposure to direct sunlight without sunblock for 1/2hr to 1 hour daily), folate, Iodine (kelp supplement) calcium, Omega-3 as well as complete protein etc. See http://www.vegansoci.../become-a-vegan , http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/vegan.htm , http://goneraw.com/ , http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net , http://www.balance-p...ne_recipes.html etc

2. Cut out all dairy (dairy products cause acne)

3. Drink a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice mixed with a glass of warm mineral/ spring water first thing in the morning. (Alkalizes & purifies body).

4. Food is medicine!. Make every mouthful nutritious. Treat it like medicine more than a meal. i.e. http://www.balance-p...ne_recipes.html etc Eat wholesome, mostly raw, organic, non-genetically modified/ non-GM, homemade, wholefoods that are nutrient packed foods like: avocado, healthy turmeric spice, cumin spice, curry spice or fresh homemade curry, black pepper, sea salt, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, tempeh, quinoa, mint, continental (flat) parsley, olives, alkaline mineral/ spring water (don't drink tap water), fresh cilantro (coriander), fresh basil, couscous, bulgur wheat, mixed herb salads, tabbouleh, lightly steamed vegies, peas, try salads like endive/ steamed potatoes/ French bean & walnuts with freshly squeezed lemon juice or lime/ sea salt/ olive oil or try cucumber/ fennel/ spinach & tomato salad with hummus or nuts, eat organic apples, drink orange juice, try vegan banana "ice cream" i.e. place overripe bananas in freezer then peel/ mix in blender until consistency of ice cream (YUM!), mandarins, apricots, plums, nectarines, peaches, sultanas, brown rice with coconut milk/ coconut oil/ homemade or powder curried lentils with fresh lime juice, figs, homemade salsa, pink grapefuit juice with lime, strawberries, berries, homemade falafel, kiwi fruit, fresh juices like carrot/apple/ beetroot/ ginger, rice, cabbage salads with mixed nuts, organic carrots, homemade guacamole, hummus, coconut water, sprouts with lemon juice/sea-salt/flaxseed oil/nuts/ hummus, wheatgrass shots, jasmine rice with peas/ freshly grated ginger/ lemongrass/ coconut milk/ few pinches of curry/ few pinches of tumeric/ sea-salt/ lime juice/ black pepper/ hummus/ nuts/ tempeh, homemade dips using tahini/raw nuts/ vegetables/ seeds, vegan nori rolls with avocado and carrot, blackstrap molasses, organic muesli with almond milk and a dash of real maple syrup, watermelon, rockmelon, pears, mangoes, cos lettuce with chickpeas/ mint/ continental (flat) parsley/ olives/ cherry tomatoes/ red onion/ fresh lemon juice/ sea salt/ black pepper / olive oil, healthy traditional vegan Indian/ Mediterranean/ Thai foods, flaxseed oil, 80-85% cocoa dark chocolate/ vegan chocolate, fresh ginger & lemongrass tisane, coconut oil, rice milk, almond milk, vegan sausages/ vegan schnitzel (can get these at the supermarket), popcorn with lemon juice & sea-salt, homemade pumpkin soup, sweet potatoes baked, sea vegetables (search for recipes), peppers, stuffed peppers (capsicum) with fresh lime juice lime/ extra virgin olive oil/ brown or parboiled rice/ curry powder/ capers/ lentils/sea-salt/ turmeric, mixed mushroom salad or mushroom vegan risotto with fresh basil etc...

5. Eat or drink the following rarely: pasta, breads, canned food, foods in plastic containers, unfermented soy products like soy milk and tofu, unnaturally flavored drinks, processed food, refined sugar...

6. Don't drink/ eat/ smoke the following: vinegars, junk foods, alcohol, cigarettes, teas, highly processed sauces, non-organic highly processed tomato sauces, coffees, soft drinks, colas etc etc

7. Alkaline your body through drinking alkaline mineral/ spring water (an acidic body causes acne) http://www.detoxifyn...line_water.html

8. Everyday or every so often apply topically fresh LIME juice (NOTE: not lemon juice which may be too strong for some skins) on your face whether under or over your makeup for a fresh glow and acne free skin.

9. Rice water - natural toner/ tonic: for softer skin and healing of damaged skin, every day or weekly vigorously mix 2 tablespoons of rice bran or jasmine rice with 5 tablespoons of warm spring water for 2-5 minutes and/ or let sit for 1/2 hour or 1 hour. Apply the cloudy rice water infused with rice starch to face and body. Apparently, Japanese women drink this cloudy rice water also for a clear soft complexion.

10. Every so often (i.e. weekly, fortnightly or monthly) or during acne breakouts, wash your face, body and hair with sea-salt or Himalayan salt. However, as soon as your skin clears, return to washing only with water thereafter and then spraying afterwoods with alkaline mineral/ spring water. ALSO, DON'T OVER-WASH..GO SOME DAYS OR A FEW DAYS WITHOUT WASHING YOUR BODY/FACE/ HAIR SO NATURAL HEALTHY OILS CAN SOOTHE AND HEAL YOUR SKIN!!...DRY SKIN CAN CAUSE SCARS...YOU NEED HEALTHY, GLOWING, WELL-HYDRATED SKIN. TRY HYALURONIC ACID (HA SERUM from Clear SKincare Clinics) AS A LIGHT BUT EFFECTIVE MOISTURIZER--IT WON'T CAUSE ACNE BUT LEAVE YOUR SKIN SOFT AND HYDRATED.

11. To curb excess grease/ sebum or breakouts: swim at the beach often, or apply 10% glycolic acid daily. You can also use alum crystal i.e. http://www.thecrystal.com/ for a month to get your oil/ acne under control. But then stop using it and try 10% glycolic acid or just fresh lime juice.

12. As a very last resort, for really stubborn acne only, try TCA acid at the LOWEST LEVEL STRENGTH ONCE ONLY AND ONLY ON THE SEVEREST ACNE PARTS OF YOUR SKIN NOT ON THE NON-ACTIVE ACNE PARTS i.e. less than TCA 10% strength applied by an experienced and reputable professional doctor/ dermatologist (NOTE: I applied TCA 30% to my forehead and created a BIG indent on my forehead which I'm trying to fix now !! I also scorched/ burned my decolletage/ chest! This is a strong acid!! Don't ever use a high concentration!!).

13. Don't get sun damaged skin but do get 1/2 hr to an hour at least of sunlight daily (without sunblock) for vitamin D (just don't damage/ age your skin by sunbaking).

14. Spot treatment: apply organic lavender oil directly on whiteheads (not entire face as it's drying).

15. Get regular sleep of at least 7.5 hrs a night. Go to sleep the same time. De-stress by listening to therapeutic white noise CDs like falling rain. (See http://naturesoundsfor.me/ , http://www.purewhitenoise.com/ ). You can take 1 capsule i.e. 300-500mg of complete magnesium before bedtime to help you sleep. Sleep in a dark, well-ventilated room that's cool- temperate.

16. Take supplements: magnesium, zinc, vitamin E, C, B group vitamins, B5, B12, Folate and a multivitamin/ multimineral, tablespoon of flaxseed oil daily (for omega-3). NB Girls, make sure you're not low in Iron...if you're lethargic and prone to infection, you should checkout with your doctor if you're anemic or low in Iron. You can take Floravital tonic to address low Iron levels or a little blackstrap molasses daily. However, if you're severely anemic, you'll need a good Iron supplement with Vitamin C for a few months. However, don't keep taking Iron supplements because it accumulates in your body and can be very toxic at high levels. Instead, try natural sources of Iron like Floravital (a gentle general herbal tonic) or blackstrap molasses with a glass of orange juice for vitamin C (which helps your body absorb Iron better).

17. Dab gently natural pure vitamin E around eyes every morning and night.

18. Only use mineral makeup or rice powder.

19. Daily apply either a little organic macadamia nut oil/ coconut oil/ extra virgin live oil/ avocado oil/ jojoba oil/ aloe vera/ almond oil/ rice bran oil/ or argan oil as a moisturizer (i.e. you can either - apply then wash off, leave on as a 1/2hr mask then wash off or just leave it on all day & night).

20. Try the ancient health practice of "oil pulling" regularly (swish rinse mouth/ teeth for 10-20 minutes with an organic natural oil like cold pressed sunflower oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, macadamia oil etc then expel the oil i.e. spit out the oil, don't swallow oil!). Clears sinus and gets rid of mouth bacteria that cause disease.

21. Swish a little organic Wild oil of oregano with spring water as a mouth disinfectant.

22. Exercise gently daily. Don't overdo exercise or running or you'll age your skin. At least do 100 star-jumps every other day plus another weekly activity like swimming or light weights. Yoga is great too or dance classes, pilates or simply power walking.

23. Have a sauna every month or 2. There are some toxins that need to be expelled through the skin by sweating. You can also buy an inexpensive face steamer for home use. Use this every month or 2.

24. NEW!: Fluoride toothpaste is bad! It causes acne. Use a herbal alternative toothpaste and only use fluoride toothpaste once a blue moon (flouride causes acne). You can use a drop or two of wild organic oil of oregano (with spring water) as an antiseptic mouth wash too.

25. NEW!: If you must use a wash on your non-acne prone parts of your body, use a pure vegetable soap with a natural oil like sandalwood, lemongrass, coconut oil, olive oil etc.

26. UPDATE: Drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of pure alkaline spring water. (Please avoid spring water from plastic bottles that contain bisphemenol or fluoride/ chlorine - need to research).Do not drink tap water. If you have dark circles under your eye, this therapy will clear them up within 1-2 months. If you also add a healthy mostly raw vegan diet (i.e. no colas, no sodas, no junk food, no alcohol, no coffee, no tea & no cigarettes), the dark circles with disappear within 1-2 weeks!!!

27. UPDATE: Drink liver cleansing/ detox juices either: 3 x per day, once daily or weekly -- depending on your acne severity.

For example, try:

Beetroot/ carrot/ apple/ ginger

or

Spinach salad leaves/ alfalfa sprouts/ cucumber/ celery/ apple

or

Wheatgrass shots

Also: you can add other superfoods like berries, spirulina or chlorella etc.

28. NEW UPDATE: .3% Hydrogen peroxide uses for skin and body: see http://www.thewellne...rogen-peroxide/

29. NEW UPDATE: A general vitamin & mineral supplementation is beneficial. I find "Nature's Way" Mega B complex with all B vitamins, zinc & folate & magnesium does wonders for my skin. I also take one general daily women's multivitamin by Cenovis. And lastly, on rare occasions, if I feel 'blahhhhh', unwell or need an extra skin boost, I take "Nature's Way" 'Garlic + Vitamin C + Horseradish". These are the only supplements I now take.

TIPS for rebuilding collagen and addressing damaged skin/ scarring/ pigmentation:

1. Very careful and gentle home skin needling (only 2-3 minutes every 2nd or 3rd night) with 0.75mm novaderm roller used with Vitamin C serum, Vitamin A based product (called 'New Skin'), vegan hyaluronic acid serum called HA Serum (note, I am also using a product to help with pigmentation called 'Clear Skin' and will be adding Copper Peptide Serum too). I got all this through the 'Clear Skincare Clinics' i.e. http://clearskincare.com.au/products , http://clearskincare.com.au/ . The results so far are really good. My rolling scars etc are becoming less visible!

UPDATE 31 January 2012: http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3210620

At the moment, I'm just gently washing my face with extra virgin olive oil (yes that's right! It's very healing to my skin) and adding lime juice over it every morning and night. I can wear makeup straight over it. And I only use a sea salt wash once every one or two months. The lime juice makes your skin glow, smell great, keeps it clean & acne free. It also makes your skin taut, hides fine lines and helps make it look dewy & healthy!

Also, I'm alternating between skin-needling (I bought it from www.clearskincare.com.au) with vitamin c serum & using a 35% strength glycolic acid peel I bought from ebay for about $40 (unbuffered beautician grade) to improve the damage I've caused through BP. I skin needle or do a peel twice a month. Later, I intend to do this once every 2-3 months (or less) once the skin damage is corrected. NOTE: The glycolic acid makes me break out a little but it does help correct the skin damage. The blemishes go after 2 or 3 days. I just add the lime juice or hydrogen peroxide. However, only use this if you have moderate to severe skin damage. It's not wise to use it if you're addressing acne only or if you're under 30-35 years. *So, I'd stay clear of any AHA products if you can. It's for mature skin only or very damaged skin. Like all peels, it can cause dermal damage after excessive use/ misuse.

Thus, so far, my skin is vastly improved. Basically, if I eat well and exercise I won't break out anymore. I believe my acne is derived from a leaky gut syndrome & sensitivity to food & environmental toxins...so as long as I eat healthy, my skin is 98% acne free (NB the glycolic acid peels make me break out a little...but it clears after 2-3 days post peel...otherwise, my skin would be 100% clear). I'm now just addressing red pigmentation & severe asphyxiated/ skin damage from BP on my forehead. My severely BP damaged forehead has now improved by 80% through regular home skin needling & 35% unbuffered glycolic peels (NOTE: I leave ample time between peels and needling to ensure the skin can rebuild itself...I also take a month break every so often)!!! However, to date with make-up, my skin looks great. I hope to be able to go make-up free within 6-12months. I'm trying to achieve this without using laser. It's looking promising!!! smile.png

Natural remedies are always the best way to go for long-term healthy & clear skin!!

EXCITING UPDATE 1 February 2012.

I have been using an unbuffered 35% glycolic peel I got on ebay for about $40 over three or four months. At home, I placed it on my face around 10 minutes each go. This is the maximum length of time you should do it apparently. However, I read somewhere else recently, that you should neautralize the acid with bi-card soda when your face starts to turn lightly pink. Well, I have done the home peel 10 times for 10 minutes over 3 months and my skin has NEVER turned pink. It's also never really stung only tingled. I was considering going a higher strength but my bad experience with 30% TCA made me stick with the 35% glycolic acid strength. (NOTE: TCA 30% burned a dent in my forehead which I'm repairing with home skin needling! ...so stay away from this stuff or see a professional and use ONLY low strength 10% TCA). BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!

Anyway, yesterday, I did something I haven't done before. On Monday, I skin needled my face. Then on Tuesday I applied a little 6% strength hydrogen peroxide on my forehead to calm it down. I then washed it off. After another two hours, I decided to apply the glycolic acid 35% peel to my forehead only. NORMALLY YOU SHOULDN'T DO THIS, AS YOUR SKIN NEEDS AT LEAST A 4 DAYS TO A WEEK TO RECOVER FROM SKIN NEEDLING. However, I wanted to amp up the glycolic acid peel effectiveness as I wasn't turning pink after 10 minutes. So, I placed it only my forehead yesterday, and for the first time it STUNG instantly!!! The glycolic acid made my skin feel hot and within 15-20 seconds I was quite uncomfortable as it bordered on painful...but then as I looked in the mirror, I noticed my forehead was turning pink!!! THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME EVER. So I tried to hold out as long as possible and I'm guessing I held out for 45 seconds to a minute only. However, what I saw post yesterday's peel was amazing!!! For the first time the bumpy skin and tiny 'bubbles' underneath my skin on my forehead DISAPPEARED !!! THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE FOR ME !!!! This morning, the bumps have disappeared, and it looks as though I have a little sun burn and my skin has slightly darkened and will peel. I can't wait to see the results after the top layer has shed!!! So, until then, I would say that my forehead has smoothed to 90% !!! I won't need laser after all!!! It seems I had ALOT of dead skin and skin damage on my forehead, that's why it took 10 peels x 10 minute over 3 months to finally get my skin to go pink & show a vast improvement of 90%!!!

I hope this information helps others.

PS Please don't use glycolic acid peels, other peels or AHA's if you have light acne or minimal skin damage, This is heavy duty stuff and will ruin your skin if your problems are minor or moderate. I have read that some people can suffer from lifelong rosacea as a result of having a peel. So please only use it if you have very damaged skin. And only then start with 10% glycolic acid and then if required, work your way up to 20% glycolic acid unbuffered if you're under 30. However, only people over 30 should use 25% glycolic acid, Speak to a dermatologist for information and research extensively before attempting this at home or with a professional. Glycolic acid peels when performed a few times per year can be beneficial, but over using this treatment can damage your skin too. So research widely and use common sense.

****************************************************************************************************

Overall:

I have struggled with moderate / severe acne for a verrrry long time. The above tips are what has given me acne free skin. I'm now addressing the acne scarring and damage/ pigmentation/ redness caused through benzoyl peroxide use/ damage with the skin needling. The results so far have been really promising. I will report back within 2 weeks or a month to let you know how the results are with the skin needling. So far, after less then a month, my rolling acne scars, damaged/ burned skin, brown marks have improved incredibly.

Anyway will keep you posted and hope this information helps others!!

AS

PS For the girls, if you want to hide your red acne as best as possible under mineral foundation while its healing, try applying Shisedo's green corrective stick as a primer first underneath your foundation. It helps conceal redness and gives good coverage until your skin recovers.

MemberMember
(@ashala)

Posted : 05/19/2011 6:15 pm

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/20/2011 4:05 am

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your reply.

While I don't agree with you on many points, there are other points which I do agree with you. So, I hear what you're saying.

However, the fact remains I don't have acne anymore. And I previously suffered from moderate to severe acne. So, while BP worked for a while, it TOTALLY dried out my skin and then completely damaged it. (NOTE: The parts of my face that I never placed BP are soft, healthy, supple, clear and lovely. But the parts where I used to apply BP are chemically burned!). So, BP is not recommended by me at all. It structurally damages the skin. My skin is proof of that. And there are studies that show that too. Therefore, while BP worked on my skin for a while, it then suddenly stopped working and I was left with damaged, scarred, pigmented skin.

Thankfully, after researching alternative methods, and by implementing the above diet & lifestyle choices/ habits, my skin is now COMPLETELY acne free. I'm just addressing the rolling scars, pigmentation, and skin damage caused by using Benzoyl Peroxide.

So, in reply to your points, I note:

1) Dairy products are literally filled with artificial hormones and antibiotics. Research this fact. This is clearly compromising your health and immune system. Also, milk is not meant for you but for a cow's baby calf. Basically, milk is not made for human consumption, and also you are supporting an industry that cruelly kills baby calves as "veal" so you can drink/ steal the baby calf's (highly distraught!) mother's milk. If that doesn't put you off then maybe if you knew that milk is filled with pus you'd think "YUK!!!". And that's a fact. Research it. It's no wonder then that as soon as I gave up dairy, my skin starting clearing. I've heard this has happened to others too. It's a no brainer. Of course, some people can drink oodles of cola, eat pizza and cover their face with dirt, compost and horse manure and still wake-up with a clear complexion. For the rest of us predisposed to acne, we are highly sensitive/ allergic to environmental toxins, including contaminated cow's milk. Before knocking this assertion, do a little research and try it for yourself.

2) For acne sufferers, the body does not expel toxins fine. That's why we get acne! For example, people can have malfunctioning, damaged or highly sensitive digestive tracks i.e. leaky gut syndrome, colitis, IBS, allergies etc. Therefore, they need to ensure they implement a diet and lifestyle that acknowledges they're sensitivity and to begin eating wholesome foods, lead a healthy lifestyle and use gentle products.

3) Tap water is VERY BAD! It's usually chlorinated and/ or has fluoride (i.e. a rat poison!!!). This fluoride not only affects your brain performance but causes acne!! THAT'S ANOTHER FACT!

4) Yes, Ashley, for some, with a low acidic body PH, vinegars can be very good indeed. But if you suffer from moderate to severe acne, then your body is waaayyyyy too acidic -- as acne is a symptom of a highly acidic body. And acne bacteria just looooves acidic bodies!! So you need to alkaline it through drinking and applying spring water or purified alkaline water and following a good diet. Moreover, teas and coffees also make your body more acidic. It also ages you. But of course, there's nothing wrong with herbal tisane (i,.e. herbal teas that contain no caffeine), just stay away from caffeinated tea and coffee if you're serious about good skin.

As for your comment "In fact, many swear by taking in a few tablespoons of ACV every day", all I can say is this, if ACV works for you, then by all means use it! But, if it doesn't, or it just makes your acne worse, then ditch it! Instead, use fresh lemon juice or lime juice in its place (i.e. internally) which alkalizes your body. So, I'm not disagreeing with you about the herbs at all. Appropriate herbs are wonderful for helping relieve acne.

5) I advised that fresh lime juice (i.e. not Lemon juice) should be applied topically. It's gentle and brightens the skin. It also gives it a lovely glow. Try it either before or after you apply your makeup. It's also great for the skin (contains vitamin C which helps improve the skin and build/ protect collagen). And organic lavender oil is great for a spot treatment.

6) Actually, washing broken out skin with SEA salt (or Himalayan salt) is highly therapeutic!! Sea-salt is the world's oldest and best antibiotic!!! Have you noticed that when you swim at the beach your skin improves dramatically?? That's because it softens, heals, cleans, and nourishes the skin and gives it a PH neutral rating!! Research it!! You can use sea-salt washes every night until your skin clears or every now and again depending on your skin needs. I used to do this every night for about 2-3 months until my acne cleared. Now that it's cleared, I only use spring water and use sea-salt about 1 or twice a month in a bath for general maintenance. This practice is especially good to follow-up with the application of an alum crystal stick if you have very oily skin. Do this for about 1-3 months until the acne clears (i.e. sea-salt wash & crystal alum stick coverage), then switch to glycolic acid 10% or lime juice when your skin begins clearing.

7) Blotting doesn't help me. And if doesn't help others, then I suggest they try changing their diet and addressing the oiliness at the root cause in a gentle and effective way as outlined.

8) Yes, I absolutely agree with you Ashley!!! :) You need to research the appropriate dosage of vitamins and minerals to take (or speak to a naturapath or dietitian). For example, vitamin A can be highly toxic in large dosages so keep to recommended doses or take beta-carotene instead! However, I've done extensive research so I know what are the optimum levels for me. However, if you're not sure, see a specialist. But it's quite easy to extensively research vitamin and mineral doses online and through reputable health books. At the very least, take a basic daily multi-mineral/ multi-vitamin (and btw, please don't take Berocca because that has toxic ingredients!) Also, you can get a blood test in the beginning and a few times latter to ensure you have adequate iron, folate, B12 etc levels.

However, I must emphasize that vitamin and mineral supplements are vital to acne sufferers. Our bodies for whatever reason (diet, faulty digestive tract, stress etc) are not absorbing enough vitamins and minerals naturally to help maintain healthy complexions. So we must seek to address our acne infection by obtaining therapeutic levels of vitamins and minerals through supplementation. This is an absolute must and an absolute key to acne free skin.

9) Ashley, if you use ANY of the natural oils mentioned as personally needed (i.e. according to your skin needs either as a nightly mask or a weekly mask, or as a wash or a moisturizer), it will improve your skin's texture. It also functions as a lipid protective barrier that helps to nourish/ heal your skin and most of all PREVENTS SCARRING/ AGING. I use a small amount of organic macadamia oil with lime juice (or sometimes glycolic acid 10%) on my skin nearly everyday and I'm COMPLETELY acne free. Only the parts where I've placed BP do I need the extra help of skin needling to address the chemical damage caused through BP. In fact, I've found all other artificial moisturizers highly problematic for my skin. Natural oils are best when used sparingly. People with acne should experiment with the particular amount their skin needs. So I highly recommend natural oils: they contain nothing artificial, have been used successfully for centuries and contain important nutrients like Vitamin E that protect, nourish and rebuild the skin.

AS :)

MemberMember
(@greeneyes33)

Posted : 05/20/2011 5:49 am

I agree with this. Salt water is not the same as rubbing salt on your face. When you go to the ocean there is no texture to the water, and salt water DOES help clear up acne, eczema, many things. I live right by the ocean and I hear stories like this day in and day out.

And jojoba oil is NOT comedogenic :P It is the oil that most natural replicates your skins own sebum, well that and coconut oil.

Blotting is just a temporary fix. You're not getting to the root cause, at all. You shouldn't have to blot at all. The human body wasn't designed to need blotting, and you can control oil production by diet, lifestyle, and staying moisturized to ensure there is no over production.

There is also a lot of evidence that washing and drinking standard city tap water is NOT the best thing for you. Filtered water is much, much better and even that doesn't remove flouride (though it does remove chlorination if Im not mistaken)

Personally, I think these are great tips and I would go by the advice of someone who's actually clear. Nuff said.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/20/2011 10:17 pm

Thanks GreenEyes33! :)

Yes, swimming at the beach is great for the complexion. And you can also purchase sea-salt or Himalayan salt at a health food store and just dilute it with spring water to use at home. Otherwise, you can place some in a bath. Essentially, sea-salt does wonders for many skin ailments including acne, especially if you follow it with an application of crystal alum (NOTE: don't use this for more than 1-3 months because it will dry out the skin) or 10% glycolic acid. Lime juice as mentioned is also great.

And yes, jojobo oil is an excellent and healthy natural oil for the skin. Virgin coconut oil is also great! Thanks for reminding me!

As for tap water, avoid it...fluoride on toothpaste that you spit out is one thing (and even then there are great herbal/ bicarbonate alternatives)...but ingesting fluoride through water is harmful to health, the brain and skin... that's because fluoride is toxic if found above trace levels...also, it's known to cause acne. However, like you said a good filtration system should be able to purify your tap water. Thanks for noting that helpful advice for others!

As:)

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 05/20/2011 10:29 pm

yeaaa dead sea salt the best.

I also am on my way to clear skin, tried most of what you wrote and I appreciate it. A lot of peeps got their opinions. I am currently off of dairy entirely, been about 2 weeks. No real improvement. I am just waiting to seeee. Also I eat very well, so I am hoping what I am doing now will work out.

I also suffer from mild (now) body acne. And I live near the ocean 10 mins...being in the water definitely helps. I can't wait for the heat to set in.

MemberMember
(@ashala)

Posted : 05/20/2011 11:43 pm

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

MemberMember
(@charliepatton)

Posted : 05/21/2011 12:41 am

any tips on healing sun damage as well?. i know BP really did damage my skin in makes it shiny looking overwashed plus it make youe skin so sensitive to sun damage your right about that. i never breakout from dairy i know for i fact I break out from SODA and anything high in sugars. i never ate a vegan diet like u recommeded i wouldnt mined trying that. an yes sunbathing is the worst for the skin how can u heal sun damage???/

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/21/2011 4:15 am

Hi Melie87 :),

I loooove Dead Sea Salt and Mud!! Wonderful products!! They are super high in minerals and nutrients. Thanks for adding this information.

Re the body acne, are you sure it's not keratosis pilaris? Research it. Because if it's keratosis pilaris you'll need a topical Vitamin A gel ... but don't use it often and try weaning off it because Vitamin A accumulates in the body and is highly toxic in concentrated forms both for you and especially your baby if you ever get pregnant.

Also, you could try using sea-salt at home...just buy it at the health food store and dilute it with spring water as a wash. You can then try applying an alum crystal stick after (NOTE: don't use this long term as it's drying, just for a month or 2). Otherwise, glycolic acid 10% which is really effective is great for smoothing the skin and reducing excess sebum. Lime juice is my favorite though.

Also, regular daily exercise is a way to sweat out the toxins from your skin. Saunas too are great, once every month or two, just don't use it too often, your skin needs time to heal and repair naturally.

Lastly, a good B group vitamin supplement is excellent for the skin. You could also specifically try 500mg of B5 a day to help acne. Magnesium is also vital, so too is E, C and zinc. Otherwise, just research a good multivitamin and mineral.

I'm sure the beach will do wonders though!

PS For a liver detox/cleanse to help detox the skin, try drinking a daily or weekly fresh juice with beetroot/ginger/apple/carrot or try one with celery/spinach/wheatgrass/cucumber/apple etc. Cheers.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/21/2011 6:04 am

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/21/2011 9:56 pm

Hi Ashely,

I gotta say you're faaaar too trusting of businesses and (puppet privatised pseudo) "government" doing the right thing by you or your health...you'd be wiser to employ some of your skepticism for them. Have you ever seen Erin Brockovich? That's just the tip of the iceberg...

Here are your evidences:

1) tap water causes acne

http://www.naturalnews.com/tap_water.html

http://express-press-release.net/44/Chlori...20of%20Acne.php

http://www.naturalnews.com/031554_fluoride_acne.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/001891_prescrip...a_industry.html

2) fluoride causes acne (and other awful side effects)

http://www.naturalnews.com/031554_fluoride_acne.html

"The impact of fluoride on children's IQ has been documented even after controlling for children's lead exposure, iodine exposure, parental education and income status, and other known factors that might impact the results (Rocha-Amador 2007; Xiang 2003 a,b)"

"According to the National Toxicology Program, "the preponderance of evidence" from laboratory 'in vitro' studies indicates that fluoride is a mutagen (a compound that can cause genetic damage)".

"Several of the patients, who were concerned about the dental health factors relative to fluoride and its exclusion, requested to resume use of a fluoride toothpaste... Without exception, each developed the same distribution of acne-like eruption that had previously occurred."

"Fluoride's ability to damage the brain represents one of the most active areas of research on fluoride toxicity today."

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/allerg...nders-1975.html

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/cancer/

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/brain/

http://www.naturalnews.com/fluoride.html

3) vinegar and tea are bad for our bodies,

http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/acidosis_symptom.html

http://www.abateit.com/skin-nutrients/

http://www.greatestherbsonearth.com/articl...id_alkaline.htm

Extremely Acid Forming Foods - pH 5.0 to 5.5

pH 5.0: Artificial sweeteners (41).

pH 5.5: Beef, Carbonated soft drinks & fizzy drinks (38), Cigarettes (tailor made), Drugs, Flour white & wheat (39), Goat, Lamb, Pastries & cakes from white flour, Pork, Sugar white (40), Beer (34), Brown sugar (35), Chicken, Deer, Chocolate, Coffee (36), Custard with white sugar, Jams, Jellies, Liquor (37), Pasta (white), Rabbit, Semolina, Table salt refined and iodized, Tea black, Turkey, Wheat bread, White rice, White vinegar (processed).

4) that those with acne do not flush out toxins as those who do not have acne,

http://www.livestrong.com/article/10469-detox-naturally/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/10469-de.../#ixzz1N2qM7oZJ

"Sweating removes harmful chemicals through your skin and makes a great way to detox naturally. You can start simply by exercising more often. Focus on aerobics-based exercise such as running and cycling. These activities encourage blood circulation rather than building muscle mass. Saunas and spas are another way to sweat. You can also take a detox bath using hot water mixed with 1 cup of Epsom salts or baking soda. That helps open up the pores and leach harmful chemicals out of your skin. You may want to dry brush your skin before you bathe, which removes dead cells and helps clear the pores."

http://www.acne-advice.com/articles/get_rid_of_acne.shtml

"...we get rid of waste via the digestive system, the lungs and the skin; if the digestive system is sluggish waste may have to be expelled via the skin as blocked pores and acne."

"All the above foods are acid-forming in the body. If you really want to get rid of acne, you need to eat more alkaline-forming foods -- fresh vegetables and fruit, nuts (sparingly) and seeds. The foods to avoid listed above also cause a sluggish digestive system. If food travels too slowly through the body, toxins build up and aren't carried away by the usual processes and are expelled via the skin, causing acne."

5) that those who have acne do not fully absorb vitamins and minerals,

http://www.universalhealthinfo.com/Vitamin_B_Deficiency.html

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vitamins-to...event-acne.html

" ...healthy diet is very important as it reflects its effect on your health. Any deficiency or problems with diets will lead to lack of vitamins and minerals in your body. This gives rise to a number of hormonal and digestive problems. Thus, many people tend to suffer from acne and pimples. Teenagers and adults are not aware that vitamin deficiency can lead to acne problems. This is because many acne vitamins help fight off acne as well as prevent future eruptions. We shall have a look at vitamins to help prevent acne that you should include in your diet."

6) that acne is a symptom of a highly acidic body,

http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/acidosis_symptom.html

7) that drinking cow's milk means that their offspring are suddenly killed off (because milking a cow does not mean it looses its milk. It keeps producing milk.)

That's the cruel & vile dairy industry!...they keep artificially impregnanting the cows & stuffing them with hormones and antibiotics so they can produce your putrefied milk...and to keep them having milk, they kill the baby calves after only a few weeks or a month or two months old to make your euphemistically called "veal" (i.e. veal is actually a baby cow/ calf)!.

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-fo...y-industry.aspx

"Cows produce milk for the same reason that humans do: to nourish their young. In order to force the animals to continue giving milk, factory farm operators typically impregnate them using artificial insemination every year. Calves are generally taken from their mothers within a day of being born‚males are destined for veal crates or barren lots where they will be fattened for beef, and females are sentenced to the same fate as their mothers.

After their calves are taken from them, mother cows are hooked up, several times a day, to milking machines. Using genetic manipulation, powerful hormones, and intensive milking, factory farmers force cows to produce about 10 times as much milk as they would naturally.

Animals are often dosed with bovine growth hormone (BGH), which contributes to a painful inflammation of the udder known as "mastitis." (BGH is used widely in the U.S. but has been banned in Europe and Canada because of concerns over human health and animal welfare.) According to the industry's own figures, between 30 and 50 percent of dairy cows suffer from mastitis, an extremely painful condition.

A cow's natural lifespan is about 25 years, but cows used by the dairy industry are killed after only four or five years. An industry study reports that by the time they are killed, nearly 40 percent of dairy cows are lame because of the intensive confinement, the filth, and the strain of being almost constantly pregnant and giving milk. Dairy cows' bodies are turned into soup, companion animal food, or low-grade hamburger meat because their bodies are too "spent" to be used for anything else.

VEAL CALVES

Male calves‚"byproducts" of the dairy industry‚are generally taken from their mothers when they are less than 1 day old. Many are shipped off to barren, filthy feedlots to await slaughter. Others are kept in dark, tiny crates where they are kept almost completely immobilized so that their flesh stays tender. In order to make their flesh white, the calves are fed a liquid diet that is low in iron and has little nutritive value. This heinous treatment makes the calves ill, and they frequently suffer from anemia, diarrhea, and pneumonia.

Frightened, sick, and alone, these calves are killed after only a few months of life so that their flesh can be sold as veal. All adult and baby cows, whether raised for their flesh or their milk, are eventually shipped to a slaughterhouse and killed.

The good news is that removing dairy products from your diet is easier than ever. Today there is a multitude of nondairy "dairy" products on the market, such as soy, rice, and almond milk and soy ice cream. Check out a list of our favorite dairy and meat alternatives."

Anyway, I sincerely hope this really helps you Ashley & enlightens you, I know it took me a while to figure things out for myself...I wish someone had told me all this years ago!! Would have saved years of pain...but as they say no pain no gain :)

Peace, happiness and health :)

AS

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/22/2011 9:51 pm

I added this information to a reply elsewhere but I thought it might help others too.

To help alleviate your junk food/ sugar cravings try one of these on occasion:

1. Eat an organic apple.

2. Eat a piece of 80-85% cocoa dark chocolate like Lindt or a vegan nondairy dark chocolate. A small piece is fine to eat daily if you want.

3. Have a capful or two of good ginger beer (not great for the skin but gives you a satisfying but minimally damaging sugar fix). You can try making it yourself with real ginger which would be even better for your skin!

4. Make homemade popcorn with sea salt and lemon juice.

5. Sprinkle lots of spicy curry powder and turmeric spice on mixed raw nuts and add fresh lemon juice or lime juice. Eat with a spoon because it can get messy.

6. Try a small helping of dark chocolate coated liquorice sticks once in a while.

7. Make a delicious salad with mint, continental (flat) parsley, sprouts, mixed raw nuts, sea salt, olive oil, lemon juice (and optional avocado and hummus).

8. Eat peanuts (high in zinc and protein).

9. To replace acne causing coffee and caffeinated tea in your diet (for lovers of coffee and caffeinated tea), and if you're not allergic to wheat products, try a cup of instant cereal beverage like Ecco (non-caffeinated fake 'coffee') with a dash of real maple syrup or rice milk/ or almond milk/ or occasionally vanilla soy milk (note: don't have too much unfermented soy products like soy milk and tofu, however, fermented soy products like tempeh are fine).

10. Eat organic grapes

11. For very rare/ special occasions try a protein packed spicy Bhuja mix. However, it can be quite strong for some people if eaten often...so only eat it if you have a strong insatiable craving for junk food once a blue moon i.e. every 2-3 months. It's much better than other junk foods that for sure!

12. Eat berries, like blueberries or strawberries or make a vegan banana fake ice-cream (just freeze an unripe banana and then peel it, place in into a blender until a consistency of "ice cream" is reached and enjoy!).

Cheers,

As

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/22/2011 11:19 pm

MemberMember
(@futurescarless)

Posted : 05/23/2011 12:27 am

Okay, you have listed soo many things to follow, haha. I don't think many people would follow all of that, it's a little overwhelming. But I have to agree with you for the most part. I picked up a book the other day that basically says all that you have said and more. I plan on getting healthy from the inside out before // during treating my scars. There's only a few things I disagree with you on. Including.. no drinking teas? What about green tea? Chamomile tea? "Sleepy time" tea? I think they could be very beneficial. Thanks for typing all of that information out though

MemberMember
(@futurescarless)

Posted : 05/23/2011 1:03 am

I replied to your other thread on this, aquasea, and I have to agree with you on a lot of it. But I have something else to say to Ashley: and it may seem rude, but you seem to put off a lot of things that suggest acne is caused by diet... and maybe that's the reason you still have skin issues? Just being honest and blunt. But I will agree on some points you have made.

If you don't get acne [like you're saying your friends don't] from eating dairy and other things your body has no use for, you could very well get another "disease". Little things like fatigue, mood swings, panic attacks, acute depression to bigger things such as severe depression, obesity, diabetes, thyroid issues, to an extreme such as cancer. These diseases could also, but rarely, be caused just by environmental things [like what you breathe in], but most likely diet. Your body is built and meant to be in a balanced, alkaline state. Diseases can't survive in an alkaline state. T'is ALL.

If the world knew about this, there would hardly be a need for all of these different kinds of doctors, most food brands, most restaurants, most skincare products, etc. So of course people are going to keep it a secret. How would most people make their money?

My advice to anyone, for your own good, would be to pick up a good health book that talks about the importance of pH balance in your body.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/24/2011 1:20 am

Hey FS, wise words!

You're absolutely right!!!!!!!

If you don't get acne from all the toxins "they" place in processed and non-organic foods and drinks & products, you could get something far worse. At least our bodies are warning us that toxins are being pumped into us and to do something about it quick smart! Also, maybe we should consider ourselves lucky in a weird way??? Imagine if people with great complexions keep eating a bad toxic diet and never have any warning signs from their skin that their slowly getting a diseased body and end up with cancers etc!!!

So perhaps we should be grateful to our skin issues. Our body honestly tells us that we are subjecting it to too many toxins and need to take action ASAP.

Thanks for your intelligent post FutureScarless!! :)

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/24/2011 2:12 am

Hi FutureScarless :)!!

Yes, I totally agree with you!!! Getting healthy from the inside out NATURALLY is the best longterm plan for great health and great skin!!!

Re drinking anything caffeinated: it's all bad news, including caffeinated teas and coffees. Dehydrates and ages the skin. You just don't need it. (Better, more nutritious alternatives are alkaline spring water and fresh detox vegetable and green juices). However, herbal teas are great!! :) So don't give-up the chamomile. (Side note: a little non-dairy 85%-85% cocoa dark chocolate, however, is rather good for you it seems. It's loaded with good antioxidants).

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/24/2011 2:31 am

Hi Timehealsall,

My cheeks are responding really well to skin needling treatment (size 0.75mm novaderm) with vitamin C serum/ hyaluronic acid serum/ copper peptide serums/ New Skin/Clear Skin (and a little macadamia nut oil/ as well as extra virgin olive oil and honey masks). It's early days yet though, less than 2 weeks. I'll give it another 3 months to see how well it responds overall.

As for my forehead (which I obliterated with BP), the damage is deep and extensive. Minimal improvement in skin texture so far. I think AFTER a month of home needling therapy I'll try a 30% glycolic peel or an in-clinic professional skin needling session ONLY ON THE DAMAGED PARTS OF MY FOREHEAD with a 1.5mm or 2mm needle roller.

Will keep you posted on the developments....

Cheers,

As :)

PS IF YOU OR ANYONE READING THIS IS USING BP (Benzoyl Peroxide) STOP AT ONCE!!!!! IT WILL TOTALLY DESTROY YOUR SKIN CELLS AND MAKE IT LOOK OLD, BUMPY, UNHEALTHY & DEHYDRATED!!!!! GO NATURAL, MOSTLY RAW, VEGAN, HEALTHY & ORGANIC IN DIET AND PRODUCTS INSTEAD!!!!

MemberMember
(@n-clare)

Posted : 05/24/2011 4:53 am

I think thats quite a lot of information... and not ALL of it will be necessary for everyone but I agree about the harsh chemicals. Not just BP but theyre are loads of chemical ridden products handed out for ppl with acne... and sure they dry up your spots but the lasting damage is awful.

Ive got adult acne and have had acne since my teens, now I am having to deal with acne plus the worry of premature aging... the rolling scars around my mouth/cheeks look like wrinkles when I smile! :(

I switched to organic skin care at new year and my skin is a lot less sensitive and red.

I now moisturise morning and night, I only wash my face at night with cleanser not in the morning.

Occasionally if a whitehead comes to surface ill dab a bit of TCP (uk) on it and Ill take a couple of ibuprofens to reduce swellings.

Once a week I have also been using an at home glycolic acid treatment, which has really helped shed the dull old looking skin, its also helped fade some of the red marks.

MemberMember
(@korion)

Posted : 05/25/2011 7:56 am

Meat doesn't cause acne, meat combined with high-carb foods (including fruits and legumes and starches, but not vegetables) cause acne. I made the same mistake. Yesterday, I ate 4 eggs, a huge piece of red meat, today I did the same thing, and my skin clears up really fast, feels great, my eyes shine, my hair is stronger, I don't get upper lip hair anymore (which I ate), I don't get facial hair at all (thank god).

It's a bit soon to say I'm getting clear, but hell, I know for sure that I'll be clear within a month.

Of course, my acne is because of candida. Eating only meat and vegetables (I eat 1kg of broccoli every day) and trying to get to the alkaline pH side while still eating proteins is the perfect diet against candida.

I caused my acne by eating a lot of white bread and candy and by not cleaning my room.

Oh, also, my mood is even steven, I don't have that much energy but that's because I don't eat a lot (less than 1500kcal a day, I'm starving, but soon I'm getting chia seeds and pumpkin seeds so I'm gonna stuff myself with fats to get fat again). And my hands aren't as inflamed as they used to be.

I also take regular sea salt baths (dead sea salt), that helps a lot too. I officially have no more than 4 zits, they are very small. I do have quite some red little spots left, you can only see them by looking really closely, but those are probably dead mold (= toxins) trying to leave through my skin. Luckily my fiber intake is huge (thank you broccoli) so I clean a lot. And I drink 3 liters of water every day.

Dairy is bad as it doesn't digest well, it's often full of mold. Same with bread (not with the actual grains). By eating meat, fish, eggs, seeds and vegetables you're killing the mold fast. Oh, also eat 3 cloves of raw garlic every day. And use turmeric if you want, I eat 2-3 teaspoons of turmeric every day.

@ FutureScarless : I used to think pH was the only important part, that I had to eat only fruit and vegetables. Was I wrong. My acne was improving when eating like that, but not that much, and when I did one mistake like eating non-soaked nuts or a piece of meat cooked in dairy I got problems. If you didn't hear about candida yet, you should read about it, as pH does help to kill candida, but eating 0 sugar is a way better treatment. You can still be quite alkaline by eating lots of seeds and vegetables and a bit of meat or eggs every day. Pumpkin seeds are awesome for example, whole pumpkins are easy to find, tasty and great in every way.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/26/2011 12:20 am

Hi Korion,

I previously had moderate/ severe acne. I ate diary + meat. But, then, when I gave up meat and dairy, ate a healthy, natural, mostly raw, alkaline, nutrient packed organic diet (and added a few key topicals and made healthy lifestyle changes inlcudng no junk foods and alkaline spring water -- i.e. AVOID SODAS and TAP WATER LIKE THE PLAGUE (!), my acne COMPLETELY VANISHED! I'm TOTALLY ACNE FREE. So, as I see it, 1 + 1 = 2. No??

Perhaps Dr McDougall will convince you that meat + dairy = disease/ acne

However, it's great to hear you're doing the Dead Sea-salt baths, that's an AWESOME health product!!! And yes, candida is a byproduct of an acidic body...good to see you're addressing that...it can definitely exacerbate acne. You're TOTALLY CORRECT on that issue!!! :) Thanks for noting it!!! :) And yes, turmeric is sooooooo important !!! Glad to hear you're aware of it too and letting others know about it. This spice is sooooooo POWERFUL for great health!!! And yes I agree with you, pumpkin seeds are highly beneficial for stopping acne....wonderful for the skin, packed with Zinc.

Thanks for sharing your tips Korion! :)

Cheers,

AS

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/29/2011 9:00 pm

UPDATE: May 30 2011 : after the first two weeks of rolling (skin needling) on the damaged parts of my skin (3 x per week with about 2 or 3 days spacing between rolling), I have now started to roll with more pressure especially on my damaged forehead. Little speckles of blood are drawn (just a few speckles as I use a 0.75mm skin needle novaderm roller) to help induce the collagen and healthy skin tissue cells. I read somewhere that if you induce blood speckles when rolling, you get better results, this is indeed the case, at least for me. But you have to be careful to allow the skin to heal in-between rolling or else you'll stop your skin from healing and keep re-damaging it if you continue too often.

But have to say, my forehead is really improving...I'd say between 30-40% better so far...will give it another 1.5 months to see if I can achieve 100% improvement. Will let you know.

ALSO: DON'T OVER-WASH..GO SOME DAYS OR A FEW DAYS WITHOUT WASHING YOUR BODY/FACE/ HAIR SO NATURAL HEALTHY OILS CAN SOOTHE AND HEAL YOUR SKIN!!...DRY SKIN CAN CAUSE SCARS...YOU DAILY NEED HEALTHY, GLOWING, WELL-HYDRATED SKIN. TRY HYALURONIC ACID (HA SERUM from Clear SKincare Clinics) AS A LIGHT BUT EFFECTIVE MOISTURIZER--IT WON'T CAUSE ACNE BUT LEAVE YOUR SKIN SOFT AND HYDRATED.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/29/2011 11:35 pm

Wise words N.Clare :)!!!....thanks!

i.e. Steer clear of chemically laced acne products and use natural, organic products if you want longterm healthy skin!!!

And glycolic acid based products (i.e. 10-12% strength) & monthly or annual glycolic acid skin peels (depending on your skin needs 15-30% strength generally & no higher unless suggested by a professional doctor in-clinic use and only up to 35%-40% in most severe cases) are AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing that MEGA important skincare tip!!!:)

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@gammygam)

Posted : 05/29/2011 11:52 pm

I tried a treatment of laser to get rid of my deep pits but it made my skin really really badly red and left it like that for almost 2 weeks! it was also very expensive so I used the zenmed scar kit and at first i thought it wasn't working because it wasn't irritating me or anything but i look at my skin and i do notice a difference and my parents have commented that my skin is smoother. some of the ideas you gave are nice starts and probably do work but this kit works and it isnt super expensive liek other creams or lasers.

I agree that green tea and basic skin health and good body health goes a long way for clear skin and i think that's what greatly helped me get rid of my acne to begin with - its too bad it scared really badly before it went away.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/30/2011 3:04 am

Hi Gammygam,

I haven't tried laser and I hope not too either.

I am completely acne free through eating a vegan, mainly raw, organic, wholefood, healthy, alkaline diet and using mainly natural topicals like fresh lime juice, monthly sea-salt washes, (and very very rarely nowadays, the application of crystal alum stick i.e. 1 or twice a year. I also use organic lavender oil for spot treatment and often wear 10% glycolic acid along with a little daily organic macadamia oil or otherwise hyaluronic acid serum [HA Serum from Clear Skincare Clinics] for effective but lighter hydration. Pure natural Vitamin e around the eyes are great too...keeps wrinkles at bay). I also exercise gently but regularly and do detox/ liver cleansing fresh juices regularly. I must say that I would recommend people avoid any caffeinated teas, including green tea and of course coffee; non-caffeinated (i.e. herbal tisanes) are fine though. Caffeine acidifies the body and causes acne in acne prone people. Also, avoid tap water (fluoride in tap water causes acne and chlorination depresses the immune system) & sodas but drink alkaline (preferably ionized) spring water instead.

For scarring, I also recommend skin needling with the novaderma's 0.75mm home roller 2 or 3 times a week (spaced out 2 or 3 days) with Copper Peptide serum (but only use Copper Peptide serum short term i.e. 2-3 months as it can thin the skin); or for pigmentation and damaged skin/ wrinkles, skin needling with Vitamin C serum & hyaluronic acid (with the possibility of "New Skin" and "Clear Skin" -- short-term use only i.e. 2-3 months max as it contains hydroquinone 2%) -- (NOTE: You can get all this from Clear Skincare Clinics). I'm using both methods. This is significantly improving my skin & texture through natural collagen induction therapy. SKIN NEEDLING ACTUALLY RESTORES THE SKIN CELLS AND SKIN TISSUE AND MAKES IT THICKER, SOFTER, MORE REFINED, SMOOTHER & HEALTHY. Unlike laser which causes longterm radiation damage and hastens aging.

So far, my scars and pigmentation issues are responding reaaalllllly well. However, I was considering laser if the skin needling didn't work for my scars and skin damage but it looks like I won't need it because the severely damaged parts of my skin (from BP liberally applied on my forehead) is responding so well and gets healthier looking each day!! :)

As for Zenmed, never heard of it. But if it's naturally based with no harmful chemicals and it works for you, then great!! Go for it!! :)

Also, I suggest you start skin needling for your scars and skin damaged from laser. It works and it won't damage your skin if you do it gently and in a sterilized, hygienic way. !!! In fact, it will Reverse your skin cell damage, Repair it and Retore it to health, NATURALLY!!! :)

Cheers,