Notifications
Clear all

Cystic acne - cheeks

MemberMember
(@katiej1989)

Posted : 11/07/2017 7:27 am

Hello, I have never done this before but wondered if anyone could help with any advice regarding Acne rosacea, and very large lumps (?cyst). I have had rosacea on my nose for 10 years. I am 28. I have come to terms with this and deal with covering this pretty well now. However lately I have had a problem with very large deep rooted spots (?cysts) for the past 4 months. These started on one cheek and have now spread to the other cheek. It is impossible to cover these, the biggest being the size of a 1 coin in diameter and it very raised. I have tried all sorts to sort these out and currently have a prescription for Skinoren from my GP. My issue is that these are very hot, painful and are affecting my confidence a lot.

The biggest issue is that my GP won't prescribe antibiotics for these as I am currently trying to have children and am off birth control. We have been trying for 18 month to no avail but I don't want to go back on birth control as feel this is a backwards step. I am currently taking vitamins and putting ice on these to try and calm down the hotness. Any advice of help would be greatly received.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/07/2017 7:38 am

You should be going your gp again and dont leave without a course of oral anti biotics,something like lymecycline.

dont put anything on your face if you got rosacea,warm water only and clean dry towel,pat face dry.no dirty fingers on face,no squeezing no picking,keep clothes and bedding clean.
:)

MemberMember
(@katiej1989)

Posted : 11/07/2017 10:34 am

My GP won't prescribe antibiotics as I am not on the contraceptive pill (don't want to go on this at the moment as me and my husband have been trying for a baby)