Notifications
Clear all

Flushed cheeks at least once a day?

MemberMember
(@stressed-teen)

Posted : 04/14/2016 7:31 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a teenage girl, suffered from acne for 3 years, finally decided to start accutane 6 months ago, and now got to take it 2 months more and i'm free! I'm taking one pill of 20mg a day, so it's not like i get flushed because i'm taking a big amount of the medication. I know redness and flushing is kind of normal in accutane, but i can't take it anymore!
Everytime i talk or get attention to me i feel my cheeks heating up and it gets worse cause all i can think is that this person is looking at me and probably thinking im embarassed or something when i don't feel anything like that AT ALL! So damn annoying! So yeah, i grew more quiet these last months,and don't think i didn't try covering with makeup, i did try to put on some foundation with spf in it. At first it was okay and i rarely found myself red in the cheeks but after two weeks of use I stopped because suddenly the flushing came back. Should i use some bb cream from brands like La roche posay, bioderma? What should i do? will it get better when my course is finished?
Also anyone with keratosis pilaris on arms? If there is, what did you use and did it go away? If it did how much time did that take? Please answer!

MemberMember
(@ccrikov)

Posted : 05/11/2016 7:45 pm

I know just how you feel!! Im also a teen girl and my cheeks will literally just turn red out of nowhere in school and then stay like that the whole day and its so embarrassing. it makes my face look so weird; ill have red cheeks with patches of concealer where i tried to cover up my red marks and I can feel everyone staring at that and its just so annoying. The only things that kind of help are cold water, cold air, and being alone for some time to relax. You could honestly use any bb cream all over your face and then the redness won't show. I would do that but my face is so dry and flakey but also oily so foundation just makes my skin look so bad. fml. and for your other question, retin-a (topical) is supposed to help with keratosis pilaris

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/11/2016 10:34 pm

ok so I just got off a low dose of accutane just like you and YES I had and have been having the same flushing spells. I just started using this acne.org account again and didnt realize that so many other people had this issue while and after using accutane. It has gotten a lot better over the last few months since I stopped using accutane but I still get red pretty easily when too much attention is drawn to me or when I think my acne scars look bad under certain lighting(and my whole face turns like a tomato), but I could be getting red because of the tretinoin that I am now using. The persistent flushing will die down, but if might not be easy till then. I was meeting a lot more people a few months ago when I was finishing my treatment and my face was turning like a tomato, which was so embarrassing, And it makes my acne scars on my cheeks look 10X worse which also really bothers me. I say finish your treatment, so you dont get acne ever again, nip it in the butt once and for all and before college! :) which was something that I didnt do :( I had a terrible breakout my first semester of college that left me with acne scars, so dont let that be you. I know how hard it is to get red really easy, I suffered SO MUCH last semester, it was terrible. I'm a sophomore in college now and dealing with acne scars, so don't be like me and instead have clear/smooth skin while in college and beyond.

(oh and to be completely honest, I quit my treatment a few months early because of the persistent flushing; I am now on tretinoin)