Notifications
Clear all

Great Foundations

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/21/2017 7:48 pm

So I'm on Accutane and have been using Vichy Dermablend this whole time! I love the coverage, but just feel that the shade is too light for my skin (Opal) and that it is too matte.

I want to finally quit Dermablend and switch to another good foundation that doesn't have to have that strong coverage as Dermablend. I am extremely picky when it comes to foundations, because I'm always scared it'll break me out. I've searched the whole Internet and finally decided to buy NARS Sheer Glow, but had to give up, since I can't get the shade Gobi to my country! (I can still get Siberia and Deaville, but feel that it'd be the wrong shade, since I'm NC15). So I thought I should buy Lancome Teint Miracle, but then I found out it's full of alcohol! Urban Decay Foundations I've also read are no good! (Eventhough they look amaaaazing) 

so I seriously don't know what to do! Does anybody have any idea which foundation could be great, that doesn't cause breakouts and isn't completely matte (has that dewy glow?) The last foundation I've been thinking about is Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light! Does anybody have any experiences with these 2 foundations? 

All suggestions and advices are welcome! :) 

MemberMember
(@mk47)

Posted : 01/22/2017 8:05 pm

Covergirl clean oil-control foundation is amazing. It's inexpensive since it's sold in drug stores and there's a huge variety of skin tones so you won't need to worry about not finding your shade! I've used it for years, the coverage is medium and it leaves a nice glow without looking like a grease ball or too matte

Maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation is a very similar comparison to this one, another drug store product that works the same as the covergirl one, but the coverage for this one tends to be a little lighter. Depends on what you're looking for

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/24/2017 12:22 pm

I absolutely love the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, however, if you're looking for dewy then I don't think it's for you. The normal Double Wear gives a powdery finish. I've never tried the light so maybe get a sample - but I do think it will have a matte finish also.

I've been reading up on the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation recently and reviews say it gives good coverage whilst having a light and dewy look to it. I haven't tried it but had been reading up on it because I used to use a Neutrogena foundation that they don't sell it anymore - but I really need a matte foundation. It's pretty affordable though (between $9-$22) so worth a try!

MemberMember
(@mrs-mia)

Posted : 01/26/2017 6:36 am

Hey ladies,

in my experience bb cream is better solution. It's not that heavy for the skin, but still covers. I use powder after that and that's it. Of course,concealer is a must! Currently I use Thalgo productsand I'm very happy with the results!