Notifications
Clear all

Makeup and Acne HELP

MemberMember
(@missalora_b)

Posted : 10/11/2016 10:52 pm

Hey everyone,

I am needed some help in the acne vs makeup battle. First, does anyone know of any good concealers that actually cover and stay put? I have tried a few and I put it on the pimple and as soon as I blend it in it somehow it just surrounds the perimeter of the pimple and I am left with a red bump with a cakey ring around it. The foundation I use is the L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion because it is the least cakey I could find and it doesnt stick to the dryness caused by Epiduo. Still, I feel like it still looks cakey. No matter what foundation I use I feel like you can see it in every pore or crease or anything, any tips on how to fix this? Also, I currently stopped using my Real Techniques makeup sponge because my skin has been getting much worse and I feel that those sponges tend to hold a lot of bacteria so, I am on the lookout for a good way to blend my foundation and concealer. If you guys have any extra tips and tricks for me I would very much appreciate it!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/12/2016 1:42 am

This is something I am always struggling with too, and I have found that powder concealers work best for me vs creams or liquids. I would have that same thing happen to me where as soon as I blend the concealer it cakes and doesn't even cover the bump. So frustrating! Sometimes I take a powder concealer similar to Bare Minerals "well rested" but a brand I have found is Faerie Organics and their products are more natural, less irritating and more suited towards acneic skin.

While on the regimen, when ready for makeup I have started by spot concealing using this powder concealer using whatever your favorite type of brush is, I find a small denser brush works well for me. I will spot conceal any blemishes using the powder concealer and stipple and pat until somewhat blended, it doesn't have to be perfect. The fluffier the brush the easier it is to blend, just depends on your preference :) Trial and error unfortunately! I then use powder foundation over that. Again whatever powder foundation you like, this line also has some good mineral foundations as well as the Powder Foundation by Kat Von D has excellent coverage...somehow this ends up looking less cakey than using liquids (both foundation and concealer). As well as it doesn't cling to dry spots. Keep in mind I don't buff...i stipple and pat until I have reached the desired coverage. A spritz of setting spray helps too! Especially with all the powders.

If you still want to use your Lumi Cushion you can try applying that first, then going in and spot concealing with powder concealer after. Using these powder concealers is the only way I can get to full coverage with my acne.

PS You can buy samples of the Faerie Organics for $3, I did this before buying full size. Unfortunately with the acne vs makeup struggle it is trial and error. Good luck! I feel your pain!! lol.

MemberMember
(@missalora_b)

Posted : 10/12/2016 2:58 pm

Thank you so much Chestnut144! I am definitely going to try out the powder concealer and maybe get a stippling brush to try with my Lumi Cushion.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 10/15/2016 2:37 pm

i have this problem with most concealers too. hard candy heavy duty glamoflauge is amazing. i think you can only get it at walmart.
(link removed)

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 11/15/2016 8:30 am

The best liquid concealer I've found is Clinique Advanced Concealer. I use a tiny brush to apply to spots and blend out quickly with my finger or sponge...it dries fast. Once dried and set with powder, it WILL NOT MOVE all day. If the blemish is still wet or like an open wound still (I end up with that a lot because my skin is sensitive and 99% of typical treatments just burn an instant hole in my face) I found that a well-tinted powder works best-it will stick.